A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Re: August 2009

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm

My dress has been shipped woo hoo.....well sort of.... :oops: I have put weight on since I ordered it, that and the lady at the shop where I tried it on in Bris told me the wrong size, I was sure I had seen size 10 on the tag but when I went back and tried it on again she said it was definitely size eight...because it fit so perfectly I wanted to get the same one, I thought I checked measurements too, but obviously not :oops: Even with a corset back I really dont think Im going to be able to get it over my hips. I am dieting like crazy...well not crazy but have cut out carbs, eating very minimal fat and having shakes for breakky, I already play sport 4 times a week but am trying to get some gym time in too...I'll try to post pics if I can fit it, otherwise it might be a few more weeks til ive lost enough :( Good news is the invites are out and people have said they like them so thats a plus.

Oh and I bought some shoes on the weekend, I rang every Novo store in south east queensland and about 7 or 8 stores in Melbourne, and no-one has them in white :( So I have purchased them in pewter, I have searched and searched and have not been able to find a shoe that has a non slip bottom and a wider heel...I took a tumble at our dancing lesson on Friday and have a nice bruise to show for it, ive tried 3 pairs of shoes at dancing and they keep sliding out from under me so hoping these ones cut it! They are not my pick for wedding shoes but I also need to be able to stand up on the dance floor so have comprimised...people dont really see them under your dress anyway, they are good for photos so i'll ask my photographer to lighten them up with photoshop :D

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:20 am

how exciting getting married hopefully it will fit like a glove... mine is suppose to be in this week well thats what they said last week so lets hope I get a call soon althought I can't go for a couple of weeks.. I will finish my invites this week and send them out perhaps next week so they will have about 5 weeks to RSVP I put the RSVP date as the 20th Jul for a 29th aug wedding so gives me a week to chase people up.. seems so close now when having to send invites out 8O My girls are trying their dressses on in a week and a half so thats exciting too and other than that oh and we are mixing out music at the moment thats it from me :D

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Well my dress arrived yesterday so I will go try it on, on the 19th June and I am hopefully gonna have my make up trial on that day too just waiting for my friend to call me back :D

kimberlina81
I survived and got married

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Right, this long weekend I have planned:

1) Go to hair trial
2) Make veil (should probably have a rough one before I go to the trial....)
3) Bake 1 cake - one of my fruit cakes was a bit undercooked so I decided to not use it to ice, too much trouble.
4) Test bon bon recipe (sugar cookies, iced)
5) Do up bridal shower invitations and post... keep putting this one off... :roll:
6) Buy the cake icing from the other side of town. Argh.
7) Finalise my Guest Book (Blurb)
8) Print seed packet (name card for reception)

On Saturday night over an enormous bottle of wine, my FH and I intend to sort:
1) Day schedule - who is doing what - set ups etc
2) Running sheet for reception
3) Music for reception
4) Accommodation for honeymoon!!!! 8O We don't leave until the end of August but have put this one off!

On Tuesday I am finalising the flowers as I couldn't make up my mind for a couple of items for the ceremony.

I am loving the whole thing but starting to get a little worried by my ticker!!

How's everyone else going? Any BIG plans for the long weekend?

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Yay FH was home last night and we ordered his wedding ring - yay - one more thing down.

I plan to finish our ceremony and look our our timings for the day - really have no idea how things at the reception will run.

undefined

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Although i've got a lot of the big things out of the way, i'm still feeling fairly disorganised compared to most of you! 8O Oh well. Just call me queen of the procrastinators! As long as I can steadily cross things off the list, i'm feeling okay. There are a couple of things I really need to make myself do this weekend though. :oops:

My shoes arrived last night and I love them. They're slightly too big, but nothing party feet shouldn't sort out. And now I can finally go and try my dress on and work out what, if any alterations need to be made. Got my ring sorted last weekend and just need to wait for it to be resized. The joys of having small fingers...
My poor mum called me in tears earlier. She's lost her engagement ring which was with two others at the time. She found the other two on the floor at her work, but still hasn't been able to find her engagement ring despite turning the place upside down. :( Hopefully it will turn up, but worst case hopefully we can have a copy made up. Only problem with that is she doesn't think she has any photos, so i'm hoping i'll be able to find a hi res photo somewhere where I can see her hand. I just wish there was something more I could do, but at this stage i'm really hoping it will show up.

Kimberlina - I'm doing seed packets too! Do you mind me asking how you're going about doing them and what seeds you're using? That's one thing I had a bit of a fight with the printer over on the weekend. The stupid thing doesn't seem to like them and smears the ink at the side of the envelope when it starts printing. I may even need to resort to doing them one at a time and sticking them down to a bigger bit of paper/card. If that doesn't work i'm not sure what i'll do. I was so happy with what I had come up with! Argh!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

I kinda have things moving again now that we are at FMIL's (although she isnt living there are the moment *long story* good for us not for her) so we are trying to get things organised, so in the past month we have done the music for the 1st dance, got both wedders, I have changed all our details with all suppliers and this weekend the girls are trying on their dresses well 3 of them anyway and the other next sat and then next fri I am having my make up trial and then trying my dress on so its all happening :D :D almost done all the invites just got a few to go will I WILL finish them this weekend and send them out early next week

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

Hi all,

I havent been here in a bit, mainly because i had no news! I had done all the things i could at the time and i was kinda just waiting.
So now, everything is running at me! anyone else feeling that? I printed our OOS and now and compiling it all. We have picked up my dresses and the BM dresses and now am getting them altered.
Our invites were sent months ago, and 9th of this month was the RSVP so we are all done with the guest list as well.

58 days to go!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 am

the one thing I feel running at me is the invites I started them so long ago and am still going and thought oh I'll do them later got heaps of time well now I don't got a few to finalise then send them out so won't take me long just gotta do it.. The other thing is there is more wedding stuff to do now just nitty gritty things and the trials and fittings :)

undefined

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Ditto on the invites. That's the big project this weekend. I don't expect to get everything done this weekend, but at least want to be well on my way. I think it'll be a big relief once that is out of the way.

kimberlina81

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Hey undefined - I got my graphic artist (who did the invites...long story but I use them for work so I am getting it cheap) to come up with the design for the seed packets but I am printing them at home on my little desktop printer. I didn't end up doing it last weekend but I can't see it happening for a little while yet either...d'oh!

I have just got seed packets (pay packets) from Officeworks and will be using those. I was tempted to use an off white or linen paper but it is not worth the cost. I have beigey cream ones (the only colour Officeworks stock) but that ties in with my wedding just fine. I think they were like $8 for a pack of 100. I think you can also order them online in different colours from other stores.

We are using both seeds we have seed saved as well as bought seeds. I want every person on the table to have different seeds, so we needed a few different varieties. I thought that would help conversation and be a bit of fun!

I have got my dress, shoes, rings among many other things sorted... I am still yet to decide on a hairstyle but getting there with that one. I don't know whether to have a makeup trial or not. I am making my veil and I'm yet to finish that project off..... :roll: I got half of the stuff on that list from last weekend done, so that's a start. I still need to send my bridal shower invites out but had some issues with the velum paper that came with the Lincraft premade invites - the ink kept rubbing off. I've now got regular paper that I cut to size on the trimmer at work. he he. It should work fine.

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:03 am

Yay my dress arrived!!! I've put pics of me in it in my S&T and the show us your dress thread so i wont spam up this one too. A few more kg's to lose and it should fit better :D
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=100960&start=60

Tiny
Almost there
Almost there

Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:21 pm

We chose the 5th as 5 is his fav number and 8 is mine.

I'm getting very excited. Even more when he tells me that he is also excited and can't wait to marry me. aaww :heart:

kimberlina81

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Very pretty gettingmarried!!

I am actually now on the hunt for some ivory satin flats/kitten heels again. *Sigh* I tried on my dress and because I am very tall, you can just see the shoes (silver satin) sticking out the bottom and I don't love the look. It is SOOOO annoying because they are exactly what I am after but I would prefer them in ivory. They were an ebay buy and I've already checked the stockist (Mathers) and they don't sell them anymore.

I am willing to pay up to around $150 for some shoes (size 9) with no bigger than a 3.5cm heel - any suggestions? I don't like the pointy shoes because they'll poke out and on my big feet kinda look a bit witchy-poo!

akpoon

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:00 pm

hi all, my wedding is on the 2nd august... i posted once on this forum ages ago, but got really worried when i started reading everyone else's post and how much you have all organised for the day!! but now... i'm back, because i feel like i've caught up :wink:

just wanted to reply to the previous post in regards to the shoes... what i did was buy a very ordinary plain sparkly shoe (i got it from overseas tho...) and bought one of these shoe clip-ons from Shoobits (http://shoobits.myshopify.com/) ... I just received them & they're SOOO pretty!! i first had the idea when i went to... i think it was Cinderella Bella shoe shop... and saw them there... thought they were such a great idea so started searching online... anyways, that's just an idea ;)

i just recently got the invitations, and now starting to send them out... but my biggest concern atm is that i'm dealing with sooo many different people at the moment, yet they all don't know each other... so how does it come together on the day?!?!?!? (eg. band, mc, venue, celebrant, florist, photographer, videographer, cake, etc etc etc)...... is anyone else sharing my concerns??!!??!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:37 pm

kinda akpoo my florist is dying my tulips to a better colour match and on my cake am having flowers so the cake person was going to contact the florist and order a few more for the cake I have alerted the florist and given the cake maker the details so hopefully it will work out fine.. With the other stuff photograher, band etc not worried at all they have all been to my venue (my photographer just got married there) so they are familiar and u need to remember this is their profession so they are use to it...

Well I didn't get my invites done none at all actually so pretty busy tonight so won't get onto it but hopefully this week I can get onto my comp and do it I did set my comp up cos we just moved so that was a step in the right direction.

So this weekend is a big wedding one Fri arvo I am having my make up trial then off to try my dress on then sat the last BM is trying her dress on (the other 3 tried them last sat) and then the boys prob on Sunday then I am off to P!nk if I can find my tickets which is the biggest prob as we just moved I dont know where they are so thats the main priority this week...

undefined

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

kimberlina81 wrote:
Hey undefined - I got my graphic artist (who did the invites...long story but I use them for work so I am getting it cheap) to come up with the design for the seed packets but I am printing them at home on my little desktop printer. I didn't end up doing it last weekend but I can't see it happening for a little while yet either...d'oh!

I have just got seed packets (pay packets) from Officeworks and will be using those. I was tempted to use an off white or linen paper but it is not worth the cost. I have beigey cream ones (the only colour Officeworks stock) but that ties in with my wedding just fine. I think they were like $8 for a pack of 100. I think you can also order them online in different colours from other stores.

Haha. Cool. I'm doing exactly the same except I designed my own to match. Got the exact same envelopes as well (cream seed packets)! How have you gone with printing on them so far? I'm having a few issues with getting the front to print as I want it to, which is a little frustrating. I think half my problem is wanting the pattern printed to the edge, but the other half of it I think is an issue with my printer :? Are you having the packets propped up at all, or just sitting on the table? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I can't decide what I want to do with them!

To date I haven't really felt overly excited about everything just yet, but I did get excited when my shoes arrived and pretty much fit. Now to stuff them with party feet and wear them around. Pity the picture on the sole will get ruined :( The other thing i'm excited about is the fact that FH booked our flights on the weekend. Air Asia FTW! Now just for the accommodation, but that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And where is the time going?! Still so much to do! BM dress shopping on Saturday, too. Fingers crossed we'll find something and get that out of the way!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:47 am

trying my dress on today and having make up trial :D

09/09/09

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kimberlina81

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:01 pm

me me me!!

he he

Isn't it worth the wait though!! :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.56