A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

09/09/09

Re: August 2009

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 pm

I went home last weekend and feel so much more organised now.
I had my makeup trial and am very happy. Still have no idea about what to do with my hair but I bought clip in extensions as my hair is just not growing fast enough to do curls.
I checked out my venue again and am still very happy with it. Managed to sort a few things out and visualise what the room will look like and where I want the tables and lolly buffet set up. Am worried that we invited too many people to have a dance floor. We invited 160 people, our place only has capacity for 120. We were quite confident that we'd get around about 50 declines which would take us to our ideal capacity. We had a few guests who are from overseas or Victoria that indicated they wouldn't be making the trip up to QLD. But our invites went out early May and our RSVP date is 6th July and time is ticking away and we still have less than half of RSVPs back and only 5 of those are declines. Grrrrrrr most people should know by now what they're doing and send the card back or at least let me know and not just assume that I'm a mind reader. Mentioning something 5 months ago before invites went out does not constitute an RSVP.

Managed to get my archway and bridal table decorations done. Feel like there's just so much else to do as well. There seems to be dramas with everything!

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Just got back from Melbourne after a vey hectic and stressful few days. We arrived late Tuesday, had our E-shoot on Wednesday then met with the celebrant. The e-shoot went really well! Very happy with it, ive mentioned before I was a little bit hesitant about our photographer as he seemed to have a lot of attitude but Kelly who did our e-shoot (from the same company) was awesome and her photo's are awesome too (not just the ones from the e-shoot),so I feel much more at ease about the photography side of things now :D Our celebrant impressed us again which is great as she seemed like she had a bit of a cold, we signed the intent to marry papers and went through a bunch of other stuff. On Thursday we met with Debbie O'neil our florist which also went really well and well priced :D , then went to meet the alcohol suppliers, our venue is BYO this particular place do a buy back option where they buy back whatever you dont use...but that didnt go so well, we couldnt hear the guy at all, he really didnt get the numbers right even though we had it written down, we did up a list of how many people drink what etc, and we have 4 red wine drinkers but they allocated us 18 bottles of red 8O so yeah, that and their prices are expensive! So talked with FFIL that night who has offered to buy things as they come on special, store it at their place and then take it to the wedding venue and they will just live with whatever is left over. Then we met up with the 2 GM's and went looking for vests to go under the suits - thankfully found some at the very last store we went to, it doesnt quite fit one of the GM's even though its a 3 XL - he said he will lose weight before the wedding...he has lost lots before so I trust him...maybe not so much on the bucks night but losing weight yes lol. On Friday we went back to the photography studio and picked out which pics we wanted to purchase/could one day afford to purchase, then went for my hair trial which I am pretty happy with, the hairdresser herself suggested a few things to change for the day then went to babysit our gorgeous 1 year old nephew and then arrived back home today :D

E-shoot pics are here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104148

kimberlina81
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am

Hey undefined,

Sorry, I finally got around to taking a photo for you.

Here is how I am doing my bon bons. I have the seed packet hole punched and attached to the cellophane with a rubber band/hair tie. Then a ribbon to tidy it all up.
IMGP1576.gif

It is a tiny terracotta pot and inside is a cellophane wrapped selection of iced cookies.

09/09/09

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 am

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

09/09/09

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 am

nope trying to loose weight just gotta get my butt into gear.. just brought these for the wedding they are awesome if u haven't had them before

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:46 pm

09/09/09 wrote:
i also forgot to add i have had this wedding booked for about a year now and its coming soon i am putting weight on lol is anyone else like this? :mrgreen:
i have been told not to lose anymore other wise i will have to keep having my dress alltered but i can put on weight if i like what a thing to say to me lol this is my dress lady :D
so anyone else doing this ? :roll:

I am! I've found that i eat when i'm stressed, so now i'm stuffing my face rather than eating properly :(

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 am

mellyk83 wrote:
nope trying to loose weight just gotta get my butt into gear.. just brought these for the wedding they are awesome if u haven't had them before

Oooh these look interesting, pardon my ignorance but what do you do with them?
I know just how you feel about the losing weight thing! all i can suggest is start now, i started a few weeks ago and am thanking my lucky stars because I usually leave it til the last minute, I have found its coming off but slowly :(

jen0023r

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 pm

OMG 5 weeks to go im freaking im scared and excited... anyone thinking bout the weather?
we are getting married in a church so im not to worried if it rains but still dont want it to rain on our wedding day
my dress has been at my parents there bringing it up tomoz cant wait... i need to loose 5kg :(
hmm how do u loose 5kg in 5 wks? anyone got ideas?
im eating good and doing my wii god i hope it pays off...
my mum is making att the chocys for the gift boxes not to work out how to make them look pretty hmm

so what has everyone else got to do?
i had to get silver shoes as the ones u like didnt come in my size iv always been a size 8 but theses shoes im a 6.5 wtf?!? any one else found this?

honey moon where r u all going?

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Last time I needed to lose a few kilos in a few weeks I spoke to my Personal Trainer about it and his advice was to cut out carbs, or if you must eat them, eat them at lunch and not dinner. He said it's a sure fire way to lose a few kilos quickly (although he doesn't recommend doing in long term). Also sometimes when you think you're being good - there are some "naughty" healthy foods that make you retain weight.
I managed to do it but I am such a sucker for pasta that I only cut them out for a few weeks.

09/09/09

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leilee

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:01 pm

lolliehollie what are the healthy bad foods?!

lolliehollie
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm only going on what my trainer/nutritionist tells me (and I know trainers/nutritionists all have differing opinions) but I used to eat things like tacos, stir frys etc thinking they were healthy because of the vegetables (which they generally are but they don't help in losing weight quickly). Pretty much things with soy sauce (ie stir fry) will make you retain weight. Also the sauces that are used (sweet chilli and bbq) usually have quite a high sugar/salt content which again doesn't aid is losing weight. Also things like tacos, although they have salad, they also use seasoning mix which is full of salt/preservatives. Also I was advised against going crazy on fruit because of the natural sugar, and to try and cut out as many carbs as possible. It's simple things like sausages and mashed potatoes that I didn't think were too naughty but was told I might as well go and eat a pizza instead because of the fat in sausages and the wasted calories and no nutritional goodness in potatoes.

I'm not saying this stuff isn't healthy...in a normal balanced diet it is...but to shift weight quickly drastic changes have to be made (like cutting down any alcohol consumption). It's about portion control and eating the right foods.

Here is what I was eating
Breakfast: Oats or Weetbix (they keep you fuller for longer)
Lunch: Chicken Salad or sometimes a sandwhich.
Dinner: Soup (NOT canned) or meat with steam veg/salad
Snacks: fruit or nuts
and yes I was still eating chocolate fairly regularly (I'm a junky)

I probably had pasta once or twice a week (naughty!) but otherwise didn't eat white food (bread, rice, potato, pasta). I lost 5 kilos in 4 weeks without changing my exercise routine at all and normally I struggle to budge even a kilo.

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Because my dress was going to be too small I wanted to lose a few kilo's before it arrived so I could at least try it on, I've lost 5-6Kg's in 4 weeks,

For breakfast:Ive been having a shake either biggest loser or celebrity slim, just whatever is easiest to pick up from the shops.
For morning tea: (I havent changed, I eat a heap of fruit everyday regardless of dieting) Orange, apple, banana,kiwi fruit and pear or watermelon or strawberries or whatever is seasonal - people pay out on me at work coz the bowl i eat it in is huge. (well its not a bowl its a tupperwear container lol)
For another snack: I have a cup of coffee and vita lites mini pack of choc chip biscuits (124cals)
For lunch: mostly a shake though occasionally a salad sandwich or dinner left overs
Afternoon: a small tin of 99% fat free tuna
Dinner: Sald or Vegetables- (no potato) and either grilled chicken or fish - Drink is soda water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Dessert- occasionally have biggest loser jelly 8 calories per serve

The guts of it is minimal/no carbs and no meat other than grilled chicken or fish and preferably no fruit after 3pm.

i have been reeeeally strict on my diet and have tried to throw in a bit of gym, I already play touch football on mon,wed & saturday and play netball on tuesday and have our dancing lesson friday so fitting in gym is tricky. (I start work at 6am which is why I eat so much in the morning).

Despite doing all that exercise until I changed my diet i wasnt losing any weight :( I also already take iron tablets which so long as you mix in spinach and a few other things your iron levels wont get too low by not eating red meat. As you can probably tell we dont have kids so I would imagine anyone who does would make it a lot harder!

Good luck with your weightloss!! It is achievable its just bloody hard :lol:

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 pm

gettingmarried wrote:
Oooh these look interesting, pardon my ignorance but what do you do with them?
in that jar is 11 or 13 little red flowers like in the glass and u put them at the bottom of your champagne glass and then pour your champas in and the flower opens a little and adds that little something to your drink I :heart: them..

Another thing with weight loss that I have learnt is try and do an all protein day like have eggs for brekkie, protein shake moring tea, chicken lunch protein shake and some nuts and chicken or fish for tea and nothing else it will make your body go whats happening and then eat healthy the other days so the body doesn't get use to the same thing every day.. Also get a calorie counter book they are really good I was quite suprised at how many calories were in some thing like if u get a big mac large meal thats 1150 cal a womans total calorie intake for a day is 1200 so thats 50cals off the entire days calorie intake.. The good thing about them is they have take away places as well so u can kinda guage what to get.. Also been told to stay away from any sauces they always have salt and sugars.

A brekkie I like to have which my PT told me is a cup of oats, 3tbs of yoghurt 3/4 cup berries (I just do raspberries they are nicest just get frozen ones its cheaper) and a drop of milk I make it before I go to work so it sits for about 45 and eat it so the oats are soft best ones are in the health food section in a red/white box freedom foods museli with NO fruit....

Mum got her outfit on sat which was easy I was so shocked she looked really good... I sent out the invites on fri so hopefully will get RSVPS sooon

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm

How is everybody going???

BhoysGirl

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

well Hi everyone. It's been ages, and I feel a little guilty cos I'm good at stalking, but just haven't been posting. I'm feeling quite relaxed and mostly organised, except for the weightloss aspect. Some of you sound so disciplined and controlled with your food intake. My excuse is partly that I can't really lose weight, cos my dress won't fit if I do, but I'm tempted to just slightly up my exercise for the last month. See how we go...

Had my Hen's last Saturday, it was fantastic. Nothing crazy, we just booked a private room in a pub in Sth Melbourne, organised a belly dancing teacher to come in first, then ate dinner and talked. The Belly dancing was so much fun, and a great icebreaker to start the night with, everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves, which was what I was hoping would happen. I did get put into a belly dancing costume (midriff baring and all!!), so that was great entertainment for everyone, and secretly a bit of fun for me. My cousin who lives in Sydney flew down as a surprise, I had no idea she was coming down, so that was great too.

Today I dropped my e-ring back to the jeweller, to get the wedder made to fit. Fingers crossed he will be organised & have it back before the 8th...starting to think I should contact the DJ & the photographer to make sure they're both still okay, am assuming they are, but I do like to have these things sorted. So far we have 65 yes's, just waiting on 15 more to reply, but they still have a couple of weeks to go for the official RSVP, so not stressed yet. We did a menu tasting a week or so ago, which was good, except for the fact that they prepared the wrong menu selection, so we didn't get some of the dishes we wanted to try, so we're going back again next week to do the remainder. Once that's done, I can get the menus printed, as well as our place name tags. This weekend DF is off to Brisbane to watch a football match, so I'm off to my parents for the weekend, which will involve decorating our cake boxes, and making the jam for our bombonierre. And we start our dancing classes next week, which i'm looking forward to, should be a bit of a laugh. We want our wedding dance to be "You'll never walk alone", partly because we love the words, but also, it's a Celtic football club theme song, and has a good chance of making at least half of our congregation cry... and I can't think of anything more, other than between now & the wedding, I also have to organise a 2nd birthday party for my son, so have to decide whether I'm doing a dinosaur or a tractor cake...oh the stress :roll:
Anyway, hope you're all well, and that everything is coming together for you all. it's getting exciting now!

gettingmarried
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 pm

BhoysGirl wrote:
well Hi everyone. It's been ages, and I feel a little guilty cos I'm good at stalking, but just haven't been posting.
Me tooo!! I am also feeling guilty, and have been stalking and not having much to read from this thread so good on MellyK83 for posting!
Things in my world are going along ok, my bridesmaid returned back from OS yesterday thank goodness because my sister (MOH) has not been very keen/pro active in organizing the hens night which is on the 1st of Aug so only a few weeks away. I have asked my uncle to drive us girls to the wedding which he has of course agreed to do which will help cut costs (he has an older but still nice mercedes) as the date draws closer the funds seem to be getting thinner!! We have most of our RSVP's back im still chasing a few, and we have had a few more no's than expected so have invited a couple of last minute people so will see what happens there (we will still be on or under our minimum numbers for the venue). One of my oldest friends can no longer make the trip interstate which im really sad about and trying to figure out how i can pay for her to come down...but doesnt look like we can do it. On the flip side one of my other friends which we didnt have on the original list because I didnt think they could/would make the trip are coming so im so excited! I was looking through the list and apart from 1 couple, and the now coming couple, the rest are all originally FH's friends, which is ok coz I've known them going on 10 years but its nice to have some friends that I was friends with first lol.
I dont know what to do, last night I injured my ankle terribly at netball, they were going to call an ambulance it was that bad, but thankfully x-rays show its not broken, but now its going to delay dancing lessons which we are already struggling with lol, and I dont know whether to pull out of netball altogether until after the wedding...last nights game was the first one of this season and it'll be a few weeks before i can play again anyway, and then I would miss a few games because we will be in Melb for the wedding...so it would be $110 saved but i really love it and dont want to be paranoid and wrap myself in cotton wool either, but hobbling down the aisle on crutches wasnt really what I pictured too!! I have some nasty bruises on my arm from touch football which FH asked "are they going to be gone by the wedding" hmm Id forgotten about that side of it! decisions decisions...

Look forward to hearing from everyone else soon, my goodness the early August brides must be getting excited!

09/09/09

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Last edited by 09/09/09 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.63