A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anica789
Pimp My Bride
Pimp My Bride

Re: September 2008 Part 5

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Awww bella! It'll be great. And if there's anyone f**d up enough to crack it I'll sort em out :twisted: :lol:

kylieac
I survived and got married

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.. 1 week...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..

Ok.. enough of the panic attack.

well i've lost half a kilo, went for a big walk again this morning, going to go do floriade tomorrow morning when there's more free parking, so i'll have to slap on the sunscreen and will hopefully walk off another half a kilo hehe

The weather is glorious today for the girls getting married :) hope thats' he case for most of Australia.... hope thats the case for next weekend too hehe.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:34 pm

kylieac wrote:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.. 1 week...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..

Feeling the same way. :o

I hope all the girls had a great time today. Lilith - lets hope they dont freak too much and just enjoy the fact that you are having a party and inviting them :)

Frizzy - Hope it all goes well tomorrow (or hope it did go well, depending on when you read this)

millie - it was great that you could pop in and say hi. I hope the weather in England is nice to you. Hope you get your licience sorted.

Had a busy day today. Finally got the rings!!!! and I got my E-ring back. I had been missing it soo much. After we picked up the rings FH suggested we wear them, just for today. So we went grocery shopping with them on to try out the married feeling ;) He didnt want to take it off afterwards - isnt that sweet. I think getting the rings and being on holiday has finally (finally) kicked FH into top gear. He said to me today that he is feeling excited about the wedding now. Before today I think it was just some distant event for him. I will put some pics up on my show and tell thread, link to follow.

Also paid for the reception. Yay! gotta love spending a large amount of money at one time 8O

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Ok, rings are here if you want to check them out. http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86772&start=70

kylieac

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:43 pm

awww.. everything is so lovely waratah.

i can't wait to try everything on together.. soo much left to organise.. eeek.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:34 am

Ok, my ticker says 5 days. By my count I have 6. Something weird happening there.

Not much happening on the Sept thread. I'm going to assume that everyone is either busy with their honeymoon, or busy freaking out cause their wedding is in 6 days!

Had my kitchen tea today. My older sister and MOH did a fab job in setting her house up for 20 ladies, and organising fun games :) I had a blast, and I even have piccies for you to view on my show and tell thread. http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86772&start=80

Hope all my wedding twins are hanging in there :)

lols76
Turn up the music!
Turn up the music!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:15 am

Hey ladies! Well I am oficially a Mrs! I am on my hiptop at the moment so can't load up any photos... it was a great day but I was sick with a terribly sore throat and DH was still getting over the flu...

One of my bridesmaids took a heap of photos and is going to put them on facebook... I will let you know when she has done this

Well DH and I are off to Sydney tomorrow and our cruise leaves on tuesday afternoon... so excited. My throat is feeling a little better today so hopefully it keeps getting better.

Can't wait to hear from all of the other brides who got married this weekend...

I will post more when I can :D

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:21 am

A big CONGRATS lols. I cant wait to see those pics. Enjoy your cruise and I hope that throat gets better for you :)

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:25 am

Ok, I have to go to bed. Lets hope I get to sleep :)

em02
little grouch
little grouch

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm

hi girls!!! i think scrappysuzuki posted my wedding pics for me in S&T.

em02
little grouch
little grouch

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:51 pm

thanks

nanky
Sweet like Chocolate
Sweet like Chocolate

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey girls-congrats to all the 20th and 21st brides-hope u had a great day!!!!
Im sick!!!!!!! Got a really bad cough and sore throat..... had my hens on sat nite which made it woerse but it was so much fun!!!
Hope all my wedding twins are going well-not long now and September is over!!! Bit sad actually!!! :(
My to do list has grown-all just fiddly organising...busy busy busy!!!

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:40 pm

lilith wrote:
I had this really crazy dream last night... we were getting married and was running late... ran all over this property trying to get to the ceremony but there were hundreds of people knocking me over/trampling on me. When I got up all my teeth started to fall out in my hands, but not bloody or anything, just clicking together in a huge pile in my hands, and I kept dropping them because my hands were full of teeth and having to stop and pick them up, and there were still all these horrible people around me hurting me... It was crazy vivid, and woke up in tears.... :( :(
Anyone here know what it means? All the sites I have checked offer differing ideas.

I would think that this is a wedding anxiety dream. But you are already married! Maybe, because your wedding was so wonderful, your brain was trying to help you get rid of all your pre wedding stress by experiencing a worst case scenario? For example, I know you were worried about all the family being angry because they were not invited to the actual wedding, but since they were not angry at you, your brain/body did not get the stressfull related outcome that it was expecting, so created it in your dream (and hense horrible people in your dream). Dreams are weird things, and I dont think anyone can fully tell you what they meant except for yourself. Dont worry too much about it. Your wedding was wonderful, so remember that, not the crazy dream.

Nanky - get better you poor thing! I'm so glad I got over my illness last week. I'm glad your hens was lots of fun :) I know what you mean about Sept being nearly over. When I see or hear about the months October, Novemeber, December I think to myself "there are other months after September this year?" hehe

Em - I had a look at your photos. You lucky girl :) You look fabulous :)

I'm feeling a bit better right now (last night was a bit stressed). Handed all the reception stuff over to the reception lady. Was like a huge weight off my shoulders. Now FH and I have the afternoon free, and we plan to take the dog for a walk.

Just one small bump in my wedding day road. My makeup and hair lady called me this morning to tell me that she wont be able to do my wedding. One of her close relatives in England has been in an acident and they dont think he will make it. So she is heading over to see him before he dies, and then attend the funeral (if it comes to that). Its very sad for her. She told me that her business partner will do my wedding, but I dont know this other girl, so I'm a little worried. Hopefully it will all turn out ok.

Frizzy_1979

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi my September sister's! Just thought I would post a few quick pic's of our wedding day before we head off for our honeymoon tomorrow. We had the most perfect day that we could ever dreamt of! It was just perfect. The last of the September girls, enjoy your big day!!! :heart:

Well post heaps more pic's when I get back!

Frizzy_1979

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:15 pm

And one more. See you all when I get back! :heart:

kylieac

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Love the pics Frizzy. Absolutely wonderful.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Frizzy, those photos are amazing. Cant wait to see more. Enjoy your honeymoon sweety.

becks81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much I've missed! Thought I'd update you on married life..haha

Em, Lilith, Frizzy the pics look gorgeous! In a bit of a rush at work (first day back) so sorry if I've missed anyone.
Good luck for the remainder of the Sept girls and hope everyone is having fun on their honeymoons.

Got back from China on Friday, I'm absolutely exhausted and I don't know what possessed me to take 3 instead of 4 weeks leave. I still haven't digested the fact that I'm now married and I keep calling him my fiance. By going on our honeymoon straight away I don't think my brain quite knows what is going on.

We stayed at the Novotel at Brighton on the night of our wedding, thanks to my FIL and his partner...the sweeties told us that would be our present but we later found out that they also contributed to the wishing well.

We had dinner with some of my family on the Sunday after the wedding and Jay and I sorted through the weishing well and starting our Thank You list. I had a pretty hard time doing it because I didn't expect our friends and family to be so generous. At one stage I burst into tears and didn't want to do it anymore. I felt so touched to be loved by so many people and at the same time felt terrible that people gave us money they couldn't afford. I wanted to give it all back but hubby convinced my this would be rather insulting to our friends and family. So at this stage, it's staying in the wishing well and not going anywhere until I feel comfortable using the money.

We headed for our tour of Beijing/Xi'an/Shanghai on Monday 8th and it was a whirlwind trip. It was go go go everyday, we had such a good time! It was really interesting to go to all these places I'd only heard about and to be exposed to such rich and fantastic history.

My aunts presented us with an album of photos that one of my aunts had taken of the wedding, we were so touched, they had embroidered 2 pussycats for the front of the album and writting a touching message in the front. There were over 500 photos and it was great to relive the day.

I don't have pro shots yet but I've put some of my aunt's on facebook. I can't access it at work to put the link up but I'll do it as soon as I get home.

All in all, I'm exhausted but so love being married finally. I did have post-wedding/honeymoon blues over the weekend though. Hubby thinks it's because the wedding and trip have been something to build up to and look forward to for so long that now that it's all over and I have to go work....life feels boring....I think he's right.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:23 am

lol becks at married life feeling boring. I've been wondering if I would feel that way after the wedding as well, since I've been putting so much time and energy into getting this wedding planned. Sounds like you have had such an amazing time :) Dont feel bad about the wishing well money. Get it out and start spending it so you can tell people what they have bought you. That way, its not money any more but the amazing item that was bought with your wedding money.

I have to say girls, I'm feeling a little stressed. Must just be night times. I think i'm on top of everything that needs to be done, just was watching telly thinking "I should be doing something right now..." (I know lilith, I think I might have to get out that vodka :) )

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:11 am

Wasn't joking Lilith - didnt know you had to get them presents to say thank you for their contribution. I can understand if you asked for the money, but we didnt want it! Only accepted it because they were making us feel bad for not letting them help. this just adds to my list of things to do now. I like the idea of a plant to place in thier gardens though. Might just worry about it after the wedding.

Oh, had a shot of vodka last night. FH saw me getting a shot glass out of the cupboard and asked "what are you doing?" to which I replyed "having a shot of vodka". He laughed and said "this I gotta see" then had a shot with me. The vodka did not go down smooth, but we had a laugh about it :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13