Re: September 2008 Part 5

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 am

brandy works for a headcold too

kylieac
I survived and got married

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:40 am

I find butterscotch schnapps works well for a sore throat. hehe.

Well i've just had all my waxing done.. all i can say is.. ouch. Hope I'm less red when I have to go to work this arvo hehe.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:53 pm

are you still working kylie? you crazy girl!

kylieac

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:42 pm

my last day today.. and only three hours :)

nanky
Sweet like Chocolate
Sweet like Chocolate

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 pm

hey girls-hope u are all still hanging in there for this weekend!!!
Ive just bought our luggage for the honeymoon so i mite try start packing tomorrow, also gotta pick up my hoop tomorrow...
just finished the centerpieces-FINALLY!!! and ironed on diamante transfers to my bag and undies..cant believe it gonna be all ova soon!!!

frizzy-u looked just stunning!!!!!! Glad u had a beautiful day!!

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:30 pm

lilith wrote:
Waratah- try it with lemonade, duffer! LOL

Yeah, could have tried that, but no lemonade in the house. I think tonight I might open a bottle of wine :)

Well, I had an interesting day. We have been having a bit of trouble contacting our suit company. Finally got a hold of them today and they were not nice! They have terrible customer service! Full post here http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93590&st=0&sk=t&sd=a if you are interested. Long story short - we were told a quote, and they are refusing to uphold that quote since it wasnt in writing, so we have ended up getting more suits than we need since the original quote (that was in writing) works out cheeper than what they wanted to charge us for 1 less suit. So, just waiting on a confirmation email (so that it is in writing) before I pay them for suits that they should be delivering tomorrow.

kylieac

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Last day of work was fine.. the girls in the office are demanding pics after the weekend, and after that they were threatening to road trip down to the wedding for the weekend with the state manager lol.

I do random drug testing as my work and the guys who i did today were really lovely.. one was even flirting with me hehe (and he was pretty freaking cute), and the look on his face when I told him I was getting married was priceless hehe. So yeah that was good for my self esteem.

Just got to tidy up the house before picking my BM up from the airport tonight hehe

becks81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:51 am

Waratah and Lilith, I know you're right but everytime I think about certain contributions to our well, I get all choked up. Waratah, I'm glad your plans are going well and you're on top of everything. I was the same though, always felt like I could be doing something. Never thought of resorting to alcohol though.

Kylie - I can't believe you're still at work!! Have a break will you girl!

Ok, I am having a lot of trouble getting my non-pro pics onto photobucket but I'll post a facebook teaser for now

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?a ... =748545533

Enjoy girls, I can't stop looking at them myself. We are meeting with our photographer tomorrow so I'm really excited to see how the pro shots worked with the rain and grey skies.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:53 am

beck - I love your photos. You look very classy and elegant. Love your dress and flowers. My fav photos in were the ones of you and your DH stading at the alter and looking into each others eyes. Made me all teary eyed :)

Kylie - yay on holidays!! :) And yay on the random guy flirting with you just before your wedding ;) That would have been a great boost for self esteem.

nanky
Sweet like Chocolate
Sweet like Chocolate

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 am

becks u looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Cant wait to see the pro ones now!!!!!

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Busy day. More issues with suit company. Have the suits, but they are not correct. http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=93590&start=10

Also got my hair cut - love it! And got my OOS done :) http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86772&start=90

Heavenly Melody
Cheeky Cherub
Cheeky Cherub

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:05 am

Sorry everyone, I have been MIA from this thread. I hope everyone's preparations are going well and that the first few days and weeks of married life has been blissful for those whove celebrated their special day..

Bec your photos on facebook are gorgeous, you were such an elegant and gorgeous bride. My favourite was your smile walking down the aisle. :D I'm glad you had a lovely day.

Waratah. good luck with the suits. :e_hug:

I have been FLAT OUT this week. It has been harder than I thought to get some chill out time.

I've actually been sick, had a fever yesterday (viral infection, according to the doctor), cant sleep, finding it hard to eat just soooo exhausted 8O

Cant sleep because my mind is running a million miles per hour although my body is shouting for sleep. Any suggestions? Should I get some sleeping tablets? I'm finding it really hard to sleep!! Thats why I'm up now. I've tried everything hot tea, hugging FH... nothings working!!

On a good note, I got my hair coloured, got waxed (*^@$*^%$R*%$*(& brazillians hurt!) and had eyelash extensions put in so I am looking a million dollars but feel like 5 cents hahaha :lol:

Also visited the harpist this week (amazingly talented woman, made me cry) and saw our reception room set up (oh my god, looks awesome) and practised our dance there. Just finished writing our thank-you speech today, practised my song for FH with the pianist and have sent my bridesmaids to look for more umbrellas because the weather forecast for Saturday is a few showers. :?

I am so excited eeeek I have to slow down otherwise there will be nothing left of me by the time of the wedding!

Tomorrow we have our last dance lesson, I get my nails done on friday morning then the rehearsal is at night. I still havent cleaned the house or packed for the honeymoon!! Plus my aunties arrived from Philippines today, aside from saying hi and bye I havent spent any time with them.

Please someone tell me to stop, I need to!! 8O

erinn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 am

EEEEkk Havent been posting too much lately girls - there is just so much to do still. Your photos all look so beautiful. I will be back after the wedding to look at them properly. Well I cant believe the wedding is this weekend already. 3/4 of our interstate guests have arrived, today I am off to get pampered and get my hair done, waxing etc and a final dance lesson tonight, picked up my dress yesterday and just the final bits and pieces to do now. Roll on Sunday. And boy am I starting to get nervous now. 8O

nanky
Sweet like Chocolate
Sweet like Chocolate

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:28 am

Oh HM u sound like me-cant sleep, cant eat-my list isnt getting shorter and things are so hectic!!! I too have a virus :( :( We need to slow down and try to enjoy these last...2 days!!!! Big hugs to all the girls this weekend-dont know how much ill be on from now!
You have all be fantastic and given so much great advice and support! Good luck to everyone for this weekend!!!
Need to go pack for wedding night and honeymoon-off to pick up hoop today and then off to see my gorgeous boat all set up tomorrow!!!
Keep calm and enjoy every minute girls xxxxxxxxxxx

em02
little grouch
little grouch

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm

for you girls who cant sleep try Valerian - its a vitamin designed to help you sleep - can buy at the supermarket
http://www.blackmores.com.au/Products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=1902&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=sem

becks81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm not surprised you guys are sick. It's that transitional time of year,weather-wise plus on top fo that you're all running around like mad-people!! It doesn't stop after the wedding so I suggest you relax at any moment you can, especially on the honeymoon. Every little moment of you-time counts but I know it's card when there's still so much to do. Girls, please don't stress about the day, all the hard work is done and if you don't pay attention, the day will pass before your eyes. Good luck for the weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Trish - personally I don't like the thought of sleeping pills this close to the wedding and whilst you are unwell....esp if you've never had them before. However, I'm really paranoid about these things. All I can suggest is plenty of rest, water and fresh fruit and veges. Some time outside in the fresh air and sun wouldn't go astray either.

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:21 pm

HM - try thinking about something else when you go to bed. Try imagining what you will be doing on your honeymoon. Something relaxing to distract your mind from the wedding stress. Its what i have been doing all week. Look after yourself girl!!!

Well, tomorrow is the last day eeek. got some deliveries coming in the morning, have to get my eyebrows waxed, and then just pick up the cars, pack them and head to the hotels. So, not too bad.

Had a busy day today. last minute shopping. Bought a bag, and some of those mini toletries i saw on HM's show and tell (thanks tricia :) ) Also got my fake nails and pedicure. Got home though, and FH had organised a dog bath for our dog (since my sister is looking after him on the honeymoon we wanted him nice a really clean :) ) but while washing the dog washer found a tick near our doggies eye. We pulled it off and looked up ticks on the net to find out that it was a paralysis tick! took him to the vet, but he had no symptoms, so the tick must have only just latched on to him. So close and lucky. With all the wedding stuff that is happening the tick could have gone unnoticed, and by the time we got back from the wedding it would have been too late to save him. So so lucky, since we love our dog so much.

I think the suits are finally sorted. I think they are actually taking our complaints seriously now and have gotten all of the mixed up order to us ASAP.

Good luck to my wedding twins. Thank you for all your help and support. I dont know what my wedding would have been like if it were not for WC and the Sept girls. I'm planning on taking my laptop to the hotel Friday night, but dont know if I'll have time to get on. So this might be the last chance before your weddings to wish you all good luck ;) Enjoy your day girls. Lets hope the weather is wonderful everywhere :)

becks81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:04 am

Oh Waratah!! Your poor dog, luckily you were nice enough to wash him for your sitter...glad everything was ok in the end. Thank goodness your suits have been sorted out. Yay, I can't believe the Sept Brides are almost all married!!!!

I've got more pics up now, including scans of our propics. We picked up the proofs yesterday and got teary when Glenn was showing us a quick slide show of the pics. I can't believe how many good shots he got in difficult rainy, windy, freezing circumstances. There are some pics where I reckon you can tell how cold I am but I think it's only because I know how much my teeth were chattering at the time.

These are all the links (already posted the facebook one and I'm pretty sure there aren't any new ones since my original post)

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo14 ... 135a52.pbr (slideshow on Photobucket for the lazies, about 5mins long)

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo14 ... 0ProShots/ (approx 74 shots)

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/JayBecWedding/ (167 shots, non-pro)

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?a ... =748545533

kylieac

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am

Just thought I'd say hello before heading off. I can't believe how busy I've been the last couple of days... I thought I was relatively organsied.

Thanks again for all of your help and support during my minor bridezilla moments.

one more bargain i managed to get at DFO in canberra a couple of days ago, i got a torsolett (sp?) for 10 bucks :) sweeeeeet hehe.

hope you all have a wonderful day... ummm i'll be back as a Mrs :P

xoxox

becks81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Goodluck Kylie!!!!! Congrats in advance!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07