So yay!!

Tell me all your plans so far? Where are you at?? :D

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 am

hmmm....
Venue is booked - Kantara House on the Central Coast http://www.kantarahouse.com.au/
Celebrant is booked
DJ/MC is booked
Cake is booked
Hair & Make-up booked
Car - almost...still waiting for them to email me the quote
My dress has been chosen but won't get fittings done until either before or after Christmas (haven't decided when would be the better time yet!)
Bridesmaid dresses have pretty much been chosen - just waiting on the third bridesmaid to try it on to make sure it looks good (a little hard when two of the bridesmaid are interstate!)
Slowly forming some ideas for decorations and ceremony music and flowers.

July 4th - here we come! :D

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:44 am

:heart:
Last edited by slwedding on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 am

Yeah our theme colours are dark blue, silver and white - goes with the winter theme but also works well with the cake toppers we're having - a Dalek and a Cyberman from Doctor Who! :D
There will also be some touches of red - FH and the groomsmen will be wearing red converses with their suits. and my bridesmaids will be having red parasols instead of flowers.

I think we're looking at starting the ceremony by 2.30pm to allow enough time with light for photos seeing as I noticed this year that it was dark by 5pm! We're planning on having a pretty short ceremony (hopefully only 15 mins) as we're not big on the formalities of it all.

a winter bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 am

My date is also in July and in Melbourne, the 25th...i am now starting to freak out over how cold it might be, although all my newlywed friends are telling me not to even worry about the weather and that it always seems to work out. The upside is that some awesome pictures are taken when the weather is a little angry.

So far I have my wedding dress, from baccini and hill (i was unsure whether i was getting married o/s or not and got it early)
the church is booked and the reception booked...i will be relying a lot on friend's recommendations on lots of things...

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

sounds great!
if want details for a great picture framer in Melbourne then let me know :D

yeah my mum is constantly worrying about how cold it's going to be for myself and the bridesmaids. she only calmed down about it once i bought some pashmina-type shawls from David Jones! :lol:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Winter Bride, and Welcome!! :) Where are you getting married? - What have you booked so far?

I'm not really worried about the cold - the cars are heated, the church is heated and the reception has heating and a fireplace - I figure the bits in between I probably won't even feel the cold - I'll be too busy with everything else :wink:

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:44 am

yeah that's pretty much what i think regarding the cold!

FYI - if you're like me and planning on having a "winter wonderland" sort of feel with the decorations, check out some of the new stock that Freedom have in their Christmas range! I went in there this morning and was soooo tempted to buy the place out - everything that I've been picturing of getting was there! Of course I don't have the money to buy any of it at the moment so I'm hoping that there'll still be plenty of stock when the post-christmas sales hit :wink:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:16 pm

:heart:
Last edited by slwedding on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi Lovely Ladies,
I''m getting married on the 24th of July 2009 in Darwin, so I'm not too worried about being cold! :D
July is actually gorgeous weather in Darwin (I hope it isn't too humid on the day!!), we're getting married in the botanical gardens and have already booked our reception venue and photographer which was the main task!! My poor fiance :heart: just keeps agreeing with all of my crazy ideas (and then smiles to himself when I change my mind again!! :twisted: ).
I've been reading posts on the forum today and am amazed at some of the very cool ideas people come up with. I think this could be my new outlet for wedding information!

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 pm

i know! this forum is just fantastic :D
And glad to hear I'm not the only one constantly changing my mind! My bridesmaids are starting to go crazy with me changing my mind when it comes to their dresses.
I started off so well but now I just keep on second guessing nearly everything! So frustrating.

Darwin in July sounds great - would probably be the only time of year I'd consider going though! I'm really not handling the heat too well these days :lol:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 am

I'm only having 2 bridesmaids (one being interstate) and we haven't decided on dresses yet either!!
Both the girls would look gorgeous in any dress really, it's just hard not being together. I think we're going to have a shopping trip to Melbourne at the start of next year. We've seen HEAPS on the internet but looking at them online is very different to seeing them on the girls. I don't want them in long dresses (more race wear) and I haven't really decided on colours. I'm having Gerbera's as my flowers and our reception is going to be black table cloths and chairs with silver table runners (I think!!). So we've been looking at some of the gorgeous floral prints out at the moment, citi has some gorgeous dresses but I'm not sure if it's too much!! I want the girls to wear the dresses again, I know that sounds so cliche but I really think if they are going to spend up to $300/$400 on a dress they should be able to wear it again!! :)
I have no idea what I want for table/reception decorations and I love so many ideas that I get a little crazy and scare myself!
At least we've booked the photographer, it was something I was worried about. I just wanted to have someone taking photo's that I could have fun with, when I saw her website I got very excited and when we met her, she was great, very relaxed and her portfolio was gorgeous. http://www.capturephotography.com.au/wedding.html
How are everyones plans coming along?!?

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Oh that photographer looks great!
One of my interstate bridesmaids is coming up to Sydney this weekend so Saturday we'll be out looking at bridesmaid dresses and then I'll go try on the store version of my wedding dress and finally take a pic of me in it so I can send to my Mum - that way she'll finally see what the heck it is she's paying so much money for! So I'm getting quite excited about all of that.

mardilea - here are some websites for ideas on bridesmaid dresses that I've been using. Might help (or hinder!)
http://www.sugarandspice.com.au/ - Australian brand clothes. I might be going with a dress from them but haven't totally decided yet.
http://www.dressofyourdreams.com/ - may be using this shop if go down the "made to measure" road for the bridesmaid dresses
http://barijay.com/ - someone else on this forum is getting dresses from here and I'm going to check them out in a store on Saturday ( http://www.hillsinhollywood.com/ ) The full length chiffon gowns are what I've picturing for my girls. Apparently the prices for the dresses here in Australia are quite expensive, but if you go to http://houseofbrides.com/home.php you can get them for a pretty good price, even with postage and the exchange rate the way it is at the moment!
http://www.alfredangeloanz.com/Company/HomePage.aspx - a good starting point to have a look at different styles etc. I ended up steering away from them though as I found most of the stuff a bit "bridesmaidy" (not a fan of the heavy satin or taffeta dresses)

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks Buffiness, some of the dresses on those websites are gorgeous, I'm still having a look at the bari jay website but there are some great options on there!! This could get messy! My poor BM's are going to be over me and my ideas!! :roll:

It's a fun process though. My BM who lives interstate is living in Melbourne at the moment, so that's the place to go for our shopping I think, she's a good shopper (I think she should take it up professionally!!) and knows where to go for something fun and not too wedding like!! (I know it's a wedding but I'm pretty relaxed and I already have my dress which is very simple!!) :P

Wedding rings are next I think, FH is almost as bad as me with changing his mind. I found a band for me not long ago on sale (which I didn't buy, not sure if we want them made or not), my engagement ring is different so I want a wedding band that can both compliment it but not look lost next to it. My diamond isn't massive but the setting is different with diamonds running under the major stone. It sounds strange but I love it!! :heart: :heart:

Good luck with your BM's Buffiness, I'll let you know what we come up with!!

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:43 pm

OMG! What a weekend!
Saturday I had appointments at two shops to look at bridesmaid dresses with my BMs and then a third place so I could try on my dress (although not actually my dress - just the store sample) so I could take pics and send to my mum.
At the end of the day I'd pretty much decided on what bridesmaid dress to go with....and was also feeling a bit upset about my dress. While it's a beautiful dress and does look good etc. looking back at the photos I just started feeling like a big lace blob. :cry: And my thoughts kept on going back to an Essence dress that I had previously tried on that I was very close to choosing.
Thankfully Dressense is also open on Sundays so Sunday morning I headed back down to Miranda to try on both my dress and the Essence dress to compare and see if I did want to change dresses. And I'm so glad I did! I've decided to go with the Essence dress instead now and I feel so much better about it. And thankfully because my original dress hadn't been ordered yet I don't lose the deposit or any of the payments that have been made so far, they'll just transfer it across to the new dress :D Oh thank goodness the ladies at the shop were so understanding and helpful.
They also helped me decide that I don't want a veil after all. Have decided to go with a feather fascinator/comb instead :D

And today I joined the gym near work to try and get my butt into gear! I've got my first session with a trainer on Thursday to work out a program. I'll chat with him on Thursday but my aim at the moment is to focus for the next two months on weight loss as I'll be getting measured for my dress in January. Then I'll focus more on toning and maintenance so that my arms and back won't look to flabby in my strapless dress. I even went and bought myself a new sports bra and gym shoes yesterday! Yay me!

So here's the result of the weekend in picture form :mrgreen:

This will be the bridesmaid dress:

But in this Royal Blue colour:

This was the wedding dress I was going to have (but it would have had a satin skirt rather than silk):

But instead I am going with this Essence dress:

but in white:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi Ladies,

FH and my wedding isn't until the 24th of July 2009 but at the moment, I'm feeling really unorganised and lost with what I really want and what other people want!! :evil: Poor FH just smiles and agrees with me (unless he really hates the idea) but my Mum is pretty quick at telling me what she hates and what she likes! I'm not mad at her, she's just honest and I think that this wedding is pretty exciting for her! She's been going on about me getting married since I was about 18!

Are you lovely ladies organised yet? I know that I want to have Gerbera's as my flowers (they were my grandmothers fav and I remember them in her house when I was little) but being in Darwin, flowers are going to be hard to keep alive!! Even for a wedding period. I haven't been to any florists yet, I think I'm starting to worry about things that aren't that important. I think I should be enjoying this process not dreading it!!

My BM's don't have dresses yet, the boys haven't even looked at suits, we haven't even decided on invites!! I'm sure it will happen!
Sorry to vent girls!

Buffiness the essence gown is GORGEOUS :heart: . I tried on so many dresses that were OTT that I felt like a 'big lace blob' :oops: as well!! But that dress isn't OTT and is just gorgeous. My dress is VERY simple and I think it is a bridesmaid dress design but in white. I love it, :heart: it's very me and I hope to add some extra touches to make it more bridal!!

I like the BM dress design as well. Good work!! :D

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:43 pm

*And I have just finalised a proof for my wedding band - let me know what you girls think??
Image[/quote]

Slwedding your wedding is going to be GORGEOUS. I love the wedding band, FH and I haven't even looked into wedding rings yet!! :wink:
Have you organised dresses and bridal party outfits yet?

GZIP: On | Load: 0.18