A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:23 am

One thing i wanna know is whats the deal with the intention to marry thing do you have to get papers from somewhere?does the priest have to sign it ? How do I go about it?

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 pm

whats the deal with the intention to marry thing do you have to get papers from somewhere?does the priest have to sign it ? How do I go about it?

I'm not sure about what the preists do but if using a celebrant:
The Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NIM) is to ensure the marriage is legal and recognized. You must give a completed Notice of Intended Marriage form to an authorised marriage celebrant within 18 months of your proposed marriage and no later than one month and one day prior to your wedding day.

So if your using a priest it could be different... with celebrants they should have one, or you can download them in pdf form from the Births,deaths and marriages website...you and your FH will have to present your birth certificates (or extracts) and sign it as the celebrant witnesses, and then they sign it. If you have been married before/divorced etc you have to produce papers to prove you are free to marry, or if your underage, permission from guardians. I'm pretty sure no matter who is marrying you, you need to have this filled out and lodged for it to be legal in Australia.
Are any of the other girls here using a priest, and have more details in regards to how they usually do it?

Oh and I've finally done a S&T girls :bdance: Link is under my ticker :D

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks for that mamabear.

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:09 am

Our priest did the intention to marry document with us at our first meeting - he pulled it out, filled it out for us (asked us questions), and said he would mail it off...

Mama, I'm starting to feel excited now I think. People are getting excited for us, and it's nice to have that feedback. Especially from FH's friend who are married with children - it's been positive so far...

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

Girls, I had the best time at the menu tasting!! It was all a bit weird to begin with, and we weren't really sure what to expect/if we were paying/who would be there etc. Our first venue we booked didn't do tastings.. When we moved to this venue we were told about the tasting by a different manager, who has since left - so I brought it up with our new manager and he seemed a bit surprised when I mentioned it... but already had one organized so seemed happy for us to join that one..

When we arrived it was us (we took my sister MOH and her partner GM) in a room with a long table and another couple down the other. The other couple were there for their 2nd tasting... We started with drinks (they left a bottle of wine on the table, and brought bottles of beer and a jug of soft drink), then they brought a platter of finger food. Then different 4 entrees (and some extra in the middle) - we all tried a bit of each. The staff explained we could change any sauces, veges etc. Then we each got a different main to try. Finally they brought out 6 desserts to share between the 4 of us! OMG - best night! I haven't felt that full in SO long! The staff were so fantastic - everyone who dropped in asked if they could bring another drink or anything else. We also got to chat with them about their opinions of meals, room set ups etc. It was great to try everything and it really did change our minds a bit about the food we had selected... The best bit was we just got to do something really fun in relation to the wedding - which was absolutely stress free - no issues to deal with - just lovely, helpful people :heart:

Then yesterday we met our DJ/MC. She was so fantastic! We are really excited to be able to book her! She has been really lovely to us :D
We are going to have games and a party atmosphere - not overly formal... :mrgreen:

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:15 am

No worries brisbane :D

I'm glad to hear it sl :D It's nice when you get feedback from friends, and you realise how happy and excited people are for you! I feel like you do the majority of the time, but keep getting these funny moments...in retrospect I think it's more to do with pulling off such a big event, rather then the actual marriage/I do part. I get nervous throwing my 5yo a b'day party :roll: I just want to make sure everyone has as good a time as I will have kind of thing. But doing the S&T and getting so much lovely feedback has helped calm my nerves and has pumped me up a bit :bdance:
It was great to try everything and it really did change our minds a bit about the food we had selected... The best bit was we just got to do something really fun in relation to the wedding - which was absolutely stress free - no issues to deal with - just lovely, helpful people

Whohooo, it's all happening! Sounds like a great (yummy!) night...it helps when the people involved are so helpful and nice (staff, DJ's etc,) and excited for you...brings that fun atmosphere into it.

How's everyone else travelling along? It's kind of quiet in here this weekend! Gosh, imagine when it's actually July, our posts will be going wild LOL

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:41 am

slwedding wrote:
We are going to have games and a party atmosphere - not overly formal... :mrgreen:

Heaps cool never been to a wedding with games, what sort of games do you do? Sounds like fun!

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:23 pm

lets_elope wrote:
I'm in a bit of a funk...

I'm a bigger girl (around a size 18) and I can't find a single dress that actually fits me (apparently bridal/formal stores believe that all girls are below a size 14). I'm doing Weight Watchers and have already lost 5 kilos which is great... but it doesnt seem to make me fit into clothes any better. I know that I'm only eloping, but I'd love to look back at my photos and think that I looked nice on the day. It's honestly making me want to cancel the whole thing at the moment. There's nothing like trying to squeeze yourself into a dress that doesn't fit to crush any form of self-esteem you may have had. I'm thinking that I'll be scrounging around the stores a week before the wedding trying to find ANYTHING that fits the way I'm going :(

Anyways... enough of the pity-party from me !!

I did manage to find some shoes today. They are a pair of silver strappy shoes with heels... and they cost me a whole $16 from Big W !!! I'm a classy chick huh?? :D I think these shoes are officially the first thing I've bought for the wedding so far (our wedding rings are on layby, so not sure if that counts). I think I have the jewellry that I'm going to wear already.

Still need to buy a crystal tiara/headband and blue garter belt.

Oh... and the dress of course :( :(

I wrote in the other thread for you, but TM Bridal Glamour range is a GORGEOUS range and it also plus size. Good luck. :D

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

how's everyone going.. not much wedding stuff going on here...

had a dream last night that my friend who is pregnant was in labour and msg'd her this morning, then got a msg from her sister to tell me she's in labour!! might be the next Allison Du Bois(spelling?)... jokes... can't wait to find out what she's having.

Found out on friday that my FH's dog has an aggressive inoperable cancer and has 2-3 months left :( ... and just still unpacking from our move over the easter weekend... (how can 2 ppl have so much cr@p!!)

Lets Elope - hope you've found some better bridal stores to look in, no store should have such a limited range!
SL - tasting sounded awesome (this is the one thing I'm worried about a destination wedding for!!) 8O
Mama - I think I did see some of your S&T stuff... will have to go and have another look... I love being a sticky beak... (I haven't got my s**t organised enough to do one yet)

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 am

I have just started making my lolly boxes and will post up a picture as soon as there done
Also one of these days i will have to do a SandT when i get some free time :?
And I just ordered my kids suits off ebay and they will be here this week 8) \http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/kids-formalwear-boutique__W0QQ_armrsZ1

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 am

Morning Ladies :D

Jemima, Sorry to hear about your FH's dog :cry: That's no good at all. Gosh how cool is that dream/labour thing!

Brisbane- Yes please post pics, I love having a stickybeak too :D

Well, we went and picked out our wedders yesterday which was quite fun. Just plain yellow gold bands, 9ct for FH and 18ct for me (to match engagement ring)....It was so nice seeing both rings on, we both got quite excited about whats to come!

Our honeymoon plans have fallen through though :( We were planning to go to Thala Beach Resort in QLD, until we realised the flights were almost half the food and accom cost, and we hadn't budgeted for them! Have to say I'm kind of relieved, I'm sh*tscared about flying, and have only flown once because I had to....and I was nervous about being so far from our boys. So instead we have found somewhere bit closer, about 4 hr drive (no flying :bdance: )from our place, a cute little luxury cottage on the outskirts of berry, about 10 mins from the beach, and around the corner from the main road (shopping and eating mmmm). The bonus is it's about 1/3 the price of what Thala was, so more spending money YAY!

Well that's all from me, I need a cuppa!

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

I was excited when we got our rings... and really can't wait to wear them... i've had to refrain from just popping it on around the house :roll: such a loser :P

my friend had a baby girl at 6.60pm, Grace Kayla 6pound 10 ounces (tiny compared to her cousin born 4mths ago at a whopping 9pound!) got to go and see her about 7ish, they hadn't even weighed her yet and was still just in a towel on mum's chest...

no dreams last night... :)

I love flying, but good work on saving $$

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:34 am

Jemima- How precious :heart: There's nothing like a newborn is there!

Nothing new to report here...I've been gathering little bits and pieces that I hadn't thought of. Cake knife/server, umbrella etc. Small things.

Whats everyone else up to?

Lets elope- any more luck with a dress hun?

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Girls!
Thought you might like to know that Tiger is having super cheap flight sale this weekend only for travel between June & September (or if Melbourne/Sydney then it's 3 July to 30 Sept)
Here's the link: http://tigerairways.com.au/au/en/real_deals.php
The airfares are free, you just have to pay the taxes!
On sale this weekend only until Monday or until sold out.

Have already told my Melbourne guests about it :D

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 am

Hi girls,

Well we have our engagement shoot tomorrow, and it is exactly 3 months today till we get married!!!

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 am

Hope you had fun at the shoot!!!! :D

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:53 pm

aaww, thanx we had a great time, and we got some nice fam shots as well! should have the proofs in a few days, so i will post them as soon as :D

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 pm

I just want to share this week my dress came in. I went in on wednesday and tried it on and the manufacturer didn't add the extra length (that I paid for) :cry: it looked ridiculous, I'm very tall and ordered a size smaller as well. You could see my whole shoe 8O So they've reordered another dress, apparaently hired a contractor just for my dress, and is coming in 6 weeks (fingers and toes!). It's really pushing it. I'm also going to need it to be fitted up the top with the dressmaker, which they said they would pay for her to do, along with giving me my veil for free which was $330, free hoop hire and giving me some bra stick on things too. So they're really trying to makeup for it which is great, but I'm still worried, and will be onto them.

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi girls...

Mamabear - Thanks for asking after me. Well, I went and lay-byed a dress (see the attachment).... I'm getting it made in Ivory and I'm also getting an accompanying sheer wrap/shawl to cover up my flabby arms.. I had been planning on buying one from China, but I really needed to keep it simple because I need to be able to transport the dress in a carry-on luggage bag without anybody finding out about it... so anything fancy with a hoop is definately a no-no. Hopefully it will look alright, though I think I'm going to need a girdle/corset because my two caesarean births have completely destroyed my waistline (infact I didn't realise how much so, until I started trying on these dresses).

Now I just wish I had the nice size 12 figure... at least I have another two to three months so hopefully I'll be able to shed another 10 kgs (I'm currently mid-80's).

Like you Haylele... I'll be getting my dress very close to the wedding, so I'm a little nervous about it.

Will post again soon... I'm watching TBL finale *LOL*

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 pm

^ That is one gorgeous dress!!!! Love it, love it, love it :heart: Very glad to hear you found one :D
You can get some great underwear these days too, that do the job (two birth tummy/waist here as well!). I found bras and things had some great stuff, reasonably priced too! (Mine starts at my knees 8O , and goes up over my tummy and chest....sucks/holds in where it's needed, and pushes out in the right spots too LOL...)Good Luck, keep positive :D

Haylele, What a pain 8O Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you and they get it done on time!!!!

8 years- Glad to hear you had a great time, can't wait to see some pics :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.54