A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Re: July 2009

Sat May 16, 2009 1:05 pm

How exciting that your dress is here :bdance: Good luck with your MIL, hope you guys have a nice time!

Hee hee! It feels wonderful, though I keep thinking I've forgotten something as I now have nothing to do....twiddling thumbs about it type of thing, and wishing it would hurry up!
LOL, yep, still true now, and nothing has cropped up :D

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Mamabear :you sound so organized wish i was like you....instead in running around like a headless chook lol think Im turning a little Bridezillerish :twisted:

Hopefully if I get time I will be posting my S&T later so make sure you all have a look .

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 18, 2009 10:35 am

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Girls

have been quiet for a while, but lots going on.Here is a small update on how our planning is going.

Bmaids dresses - ordered
ties - ordered
suits - tried on and deposits left
bmaids shoes - hhmm working on it
invites - all sent!!!

taste teste at reception venue is next week and i am waiting to hear back from the dj to meet up regarding music (which is going to kill me, given FH love of heavy metal)

need to take mum shopping next month for an outfit, plus get an outfit for the hens night..woo hoo
our little boys suits will be purchased closer to the wedding

we had our pre wedd shoot a few weeks ago, here is one of my favs

i think we are pretty much on schedule at the moment..yay

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi lovely ladies,
Waited 8 years, that photo is great, you both look very happy. Just what you want from a pre wedding shoot.
Can you believe how quick time is going. I've had a little freak out but I think I'm ok now!!
I've put on 3 kilos over the past month (which is CRAP considering I've lost 10 this year) but I'm back on track and have been back at weight watchers to help with these last 2 months. (I don't want to lose heaps, my dress fits nice but it would be nice for the dress to feel comfortable and not too tight!!)
The boys went and had their suit fittings on the weekend, I missed it because I was interstate with work, so no one will tell me what the suits are like, so FH can surprise me. I'm sure he'll look cute in what ever he wants but it scares me that I didn't get to see the end product!!
I love hearing about everything ladies, keep up the updates.
Mardi. xx :D

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon May 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Brissy- oh,don't worry, I can get like that too, he he

waited 8 years- Sounds like it's all coming along nicely! Gorgeous photo, you both look very content and in love, aw :heart:

mardi- LOL, I'm the same with FH's suit! I like to *know* LOL

Exciting non-wedding news here, I've just become an Aunty for the first time! My SIL and BIL had a beautiful healthy little girl this afternoon, the first girl grandchild in both sides of the family, and the first child since the same SIL had a stillborn at full term a year ago, so lots of joyful tears. I've just been for a visit and a cuddle, and am just so proud :heart: :heart: :heart:
So I'll be offline for a few days, shopping for presents and visiting for cuddles :heart:

Hope everyone's going well xox

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 am

Yay to being an aunty mamabear that's awesome. :D

Hi again, 2 posts in 2 days!! FH and I had our first dancing lesson last night, it was fun, we both giggled a lot but it was nice spending time just the two of us. We've decided to do our first dance to l.o.v.e by Nat King Cole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1VUI8dVmaM , an oldie but it has a cute beat and we can play with it. YAY, we've finally agreed and both love the song!!

I've booked my makeup trial, Friday the 5th of June, in the morning, so I can work and do things all day with the makeup to see if I like it. Super excited and freaking out at the same time!!!

Hope all is well,
Mardi. :D

*edited to add more!!*

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm

It's making me a little sad to hear you guys talking about buying suits for your little boys... because we're having to leave ours at home when we get married. But it was our choice to elope, so that is the nature of the beast I guess. I'm sure all your little boys will look so gorgeous and I can't wait to see photos after all is said and done.

Mamabear - Congrats on your new niece !! We're the same here particularly with FH's family, all boys !! I never ever stood a chance at ever having a girl.

I'd love to have another baby, but FH is dead against it... and what makes it worse is that my youngest has just surpassed the age his older brother was when we got pregnant with him (there's 17.5 months between my two). Though I would NEVER want another 18 month age gap ever again.. there is a part of me that feels like I should be getting knocked up again :lol: This is officially the longest that I haven't been pregnant since mid 2006 !! *LOL*

8 years - loving the photo !!

mardilea - I'm doing my own version of WW at the moment... I am signed up to do the online program but I barely seem to input any points into the tracker these days. I have lost 7.5 kilos since the end of Feb which is ok and at a stretch, I think I'll be able to lose another 7 before the wedding (if I could click my fingers, I'd love too lose another 25kgs... but I'll take what I can get :lol: ).

Well, nothing to report here... all I've done recently is start looking at making some little photo frames to attach to my bouquet (the photos will be of my two boys). My parents are visiting this weekend, so we're hoping that they'll look after the kids for a couple of hours so that FH and I can go shopping to buy an outfit for him (up until now, my FH has refused to go clothes shopping because usually one or both of the children are chucking a tanty in the pram... so shopping isn't fun for us !!).

Gotta go, have a two year old demanding a cup of milk... NOW !!! (why did I ever think that having kids was a good idea *LOL* j/k)

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Mardi- I L.O.V.E that song! So cute!!!!! Glad your enjoying your lessons, what a nice way to spend time together!

lets elope- Those photo frames sound like a such a sweet idea. Hun I'm sorry its making you feel sad, I know it will be hard for you to leave them behind :cry: Try to put a real positive spin on it though.....just think of all the time you and your DH will have together....how special it will be for you two after all the sacrifices you've made as parents, and are making on that day. Just some time alone, to really concentrate on each other...having that time and moment shared just between the two of you will strengthen your relationship and bond, and I bet you'll feel like new people when you return to your boys and continue on :heart: I didn't know quite how to word it all, but I hope it helps a bit :D

Well, I've had my first wedding "issue" (with only 6 weeks to go :roll: ). My brother (we have a very shaky relationship, due to him, not me) had offered months ago to drive me on the day, which meant a lot, but seemed a bit to good to be true. But for the whole time he's been involved, helped get the ribbon for the car, keen to video the day for us etc etc. He lets me down a lot, constantly, since I was little (so much history, which when told makes this little story seem much more worse), and we thought for the first time he had woken up to himself a bit and wanted to earn our respect back, but no. He has pulled one of his turnarounds, and let us know (through my mum) that if it was raining on the day, he wouldn't take me in the car I wanted (brand new white holden sedan, done up show car), but in his other car (which is still nice a really nice new show car- but it's a red ute, and I just don't want it on the day, we would've hired someone if he hadn't offered). The reason being the road is "gravel" and he's too worried the car will get stones and mud flicked up and chipping it. Nevermind that the owner of the place has a newish corvette that he drives on the road in all weather, and the "gravel" is only for about 5metres of road, the rest is cement! Everyone knows what he has done and how he is towards me, and they have all hit the roof. FH cannot stand him due to the things he has done over the years, and doesn't want him there on the day...but as for me, I lost respect and any love for him a long time ago, and have been expecting this, but still deep down hoped for once it wouldn't happen. Not really bothered about the "no car" thing as we have plenty of people now offering to drive us, and we also have enough $$$ to hire a car, it's more just that the whole wedding planning etc has been fine until now, and of course it had to be him that m*cked it up. And also the fact that he was too scared to tell us himself, as he knows FH doesn't take his bullsh*t....as it was I had to convince FH to not ring him then and there or go around there, as he just isn't worth the energy, and I just want to focus on enjoying the next few weeks and the lead up. Having said that though, I did have a little cry to myself when no-one was around, as it was just a bit much.
Sorry for the long sob, I don't usually post stuff like this on here, I think it's bothered me more then I am admitting to myself, and I needed to get it out.

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 21, 2009 1:12 pm

*arms open ready for a BIG hug!*
Mamabear, I hope you're ok. It's funny how people do things out of spite, jealousy or just rudeness, sometimes it's human nature, which doesn't make it ok, but as you said you were waiting for it to happen. There are lots of other people who are willing to drive you to the ceremony. Please look at the awesomeness (is that even a word, in the dictionary of Mardi it is today!!) of those friends. I hope you are ok and that this doesn't get on top of you, you're going to have an amazing wedding with or without a brother you can rely on.

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 21, 2009 1:15 pm

waited8years : thats a lovely photo of you two you look very happy and in love

mamabear: *BIG HUGS * hope it all works out for you

lets elope: sorry If I upset you about talking about my boys

mardilea: cant wait to see pictures from the makeup trial and awesomeness is a word in my vocabulary :)

In other news my dress is here yay mee!!!!!
IM SOO EXCITED i CANT WAIT to try it on on tuesday and bring it home

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri May 22, 2009 11:31 am

Aw, thanks girls! Oh Mardi your a sweetheart... :heart: I've gotten past it now, and am just concentrating on enjoying the next few weeks :D

Brissy- YAY!!!!! :bdance: Will we get to see some piccies???

Have you girls checked out our tickers lately? Crikey!!! We're all getting there :bdance: :e_bday:

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 22, 2009 11:58 am

I want to take pictures but I don't want FH to see them so not sure how i could do that?

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 pm

The joys of organising a wedding in a town where people are way to relaxed! My Mum has been freaking out about or reception venue, it's great, we all love it but the owner won't take a deposit. He's way to relaxed and doesn't really care about weddings cause he knows he can make money either way.

So anyway, had a phone call from a very upset mum this morning, our booking had been removed! I laughed (shock and it's pretty funny how unorganised this place is) but Mum lost it, it's all ok, there isn't another booking so it's still ours but who would cancel a wedding that wasn't theirs?? This is what my Mum said to the owner of the place and he made a smart remark saying FH might be having an affair and his girlfriend might have done it! This put Mum over the edge, bless her little cotton socks! She's ok now, but she was so upset that he would even suggest something like that about FH, when he doesn't know us at all!!

So I'm off with Mum to pay a deposit this afternoon and to get our booking penned (not penciled) into the book! I want to get mad but at the moment I can't really be bothered, it would be such a pain to move it, it's just not worth it. So if the wedding doesn't work out, this man will be mud with my Mum and she's not really one to mess with around customer service!! (She's an owner of a shop)!!

Why am I having a wedding? We should have eloped and just enjoyed it together. Although I know Mum would have killed me!! The joys, I guess something had to mess up, we've had a good run so far!!

Thanks for reading my outburst girls, I needed to vent!!
Mardi. :D

*edited to add my news!!*
I'm back from the visit with my Mum to the venue, the man at the venue was rather apologetic (so he should have been) and agreed that he shouldn't take cancelations over the phone if it's not the person who's wedding it is, so it's all good. We have a venue and he was lovely. My Mum got rather upset with him (no tears) but was very firm which was great (she's not really like that!!), so we're back in the book, he has all our phone numbers, he has her email address, we have his and it's all good. Oh the joys!!!

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 22, 2009 6:35 pm

My god that would of scared the crap out of you!!! Glad it's all sorted, so weird not taking deposits 8O Good on your mum too :heart:

I've had dramas over my dress. It came in once, without the added length then my new one came in with the added length at the front and back but they forgot to do the sides 8O so completely unwearable and they're ordering a 3rd dress now, saying it should be in on the 4th of June. Bloody better be :evil: I went around looking for possible backups yesterday found two ok dresses but nothing like what I wanted. Fingers and toes. The dress is an Alfred Angelo. One of my gf's had to have her Alfred Angelo dress remade because the beading was all wrong. Luckily she has the time and it came in ok but still needed a little altering, I haven't got the time for this **** it better come in soon and come in right this time :x

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri May 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Wow - scary updates Haylele and Mardilea 8O Good it seems to be working out okay though..

Brisbane, Yay for your dress! Can you got a BM/MOH or friend/your mum etc. to take pics...?

Mama, the tickers are getting a bit scary - but its been a long time coming!! :mrgreen:

Not much is new here... Just waiting I guess - I have my first dress meeting for alterations next Friday... Good to hear how you are all going :D

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi girls! Haven't been on here in so long, just tried to a do a quick catch up of the thread. Work is so busy at the moment!!!
Things are progressing well for us with wedding plans - can't believe it's only 6 weeks to go!!!!
Had my 2nd dress fitting today which is all going well. Had a hair & make up trial a couple of weeks ago which was also great :) Shall update my show & tell thread soon with pics. Bridesmaid dresses arrived this week from Zero-Love and sent them off to my bridesmaids. They look great! They're way to long on all the girls though and a little big on all the girls so they'll be getting some alterations done themselves.
This weekend I need to go through what is left to be done, figure out what still needs paying and when etc.

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 23, 2009 5:11 pm

hey buffiness long time no hear will make sure I check out your S&T
MAke sure you all see mine its updated
:D

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Good to see you again buffiness :D Sounds like you've been busy!

Haylele- fingers crossed for you that it is right this time!!!!!!

Mardi- Bl**dy hell, what a shock that must've given you! Glad it all got sorted out!!! But the whole someone else trying to cancel it thing is nuts 8O

Brissy- off to go and see your updates :D

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 am

haven't been on in a while... had wisdom's removed last week... better out than in :)

might have lost too much weight and my dress is a bit big... will now add ice cream back into shopping list :lol:

didn't read back on everyone's updates... hope everyone's going ok...

FPIL just got back from a week in Bali sorting out a few things for us... very kind of them... cake is done :tick: wanted frangipanni's for bouquet but wedding planner is saying they only last about 3 hours in the heat... option is other flowers or two identical bouquets with a swap over when the first expires... i'm liking this idea but not sure yet... will check out everyone's S&T's... I've been lazy... never did one... :roll:

hopefully will be on a bit more, but like Buffi - work's been busy... can't the world stop so I can get a few things organised!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29