A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Re: July 2009

Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Good to see you again Jem :D Aw, your poor teeth....having your wisdom's out is the worst :( Oh I wish I had your dress problem LOL The swapping idea sounds like a great solution, especially if your heart is set on frangipani's.

We've got our rehearsal tomorrow 8O Just a quick one though, mainly so everyone knows where we should be standing etc if it's outdoors (how we've planned) or if we go indoors (bad weather)....and just to see which way I'll come in from, time the music etc. We won't be saying anything, leave that as a surprise for the day. Nothing else to report, it's all a bit boring here, just waiting around.

Hope your all having a lovely week :D

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri May 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Great updates girls :D
Jem - hope you are feeling better now :heart:

Mama, go the rehearsal! - That makes it all seem very final and near :wink:

Got a few things sorted today: Had my first dress alterations meeting - not as painful as I thought it might be... It was good to put everything on together. The lady talked me into buying another hoop off them (as I thought she would :evil: - $130 dollars later it looks VERY similar to my ebay hoop - just a slightly different style). Never mind. It was really good to see the dress on in the right length and what it will look like with a bustle.

Also while out shopping we found Ferrero Rocher boxes on sale for $14.95 for 36 - perfect for our placecards - so I bought 3 boxes :wink: And took my mum shopping for her shoes.

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:38 am

I bought material for making a veil this w/end... my mum still hasn't got an outfit... (nor has FH) starting to worry about both!!!

time really is flying...

rehearsal will be fun.. and a little nerve-racking that it's getting closer!!

I love Ferrero's... what a great idea :)

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm loving all these updates, everyone is getting busy now :D :bdance:

Sl- ohhh yum, I just love that idea!

Well, we had our rehearsal, which was great fun! My poor old Mum cried the whole time, even though we didn't say any of the vows or verses. Very happy tears though...she just said she knows how long I've been waiting for this, and how proud she is of the both of us. Then we all got teary, and spent the rest of the time in hysterical fits of laughter, or choking back sobs. Can't imagine what the actual day will be like :lol: We hit it off with our celebrant straight away, so it was just like having an old friend doing it...very calming, peaceful and happy :heart:

Found some gorgeous boots for my hens night, just looking for some earrings for that....and that's about it.

xoxo

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Just stating the obvious here - WE ARE ALL GETTING MARRIED NEXT MONTH!!!! :bdance: :bdance:

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Wow sounds like you had fun mamabear
we should all compile a list of when we are getting married

25th july : brisbanegirl23, waited 8 years,

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm

I know there are a few of us 4th ones, but can't remember who, Sorry :oops:

4th July: Mamabear
25th July : brisbanegirl23, waited 8 years,

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

33 days to go! how quickly it's gone by!

4th July: buffiness
4th July: Mamabear
25th July : brisbanegirl23, waited 8 years,

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Great idea girls -

4th July: buffiness, Mamabear, slwedding
25th July : brisbanegirl23, waited 8 years

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:42 pm

28th July : lets_elope

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 am

26th July: Jemima

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:54 pm

jemima23 wrote:

24th July : Mardilea!!

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:58 pm

24th July : Mardilea

Time is going WAY to fast at the moment, work is crazy and one of my bm's has fallen off the face of the earth! (she's busy and interstate but I'm trying not to worry about it, she'll talk to me when she has time!!)

I can't wait for the 30th of July, FH and I will arrive in Phuket for some time together!!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:56 pm

mardilea wrote:

Time is going WAY to fast at the moment, work is crazy and one of my bm's has fallen off the face of the earth! (she's busy and interstate but I'm trying not to worry about it, she'll talk to me when she has time!!)

I can't wait for the 30th of July, FH and I will arrive in Phuket for some time together!!

Ohhh i cant wait for my honeymoon either not that I know where to go yet? :lol:

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Please forgive me, but I'm just too anally retentive to not have the list in it's proper order :lol: :heart: :lol:

Chrisbins

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Need some helo girls!!!!!! :cry: I get married on the 11th July and I am so not organised it's not funny. Getting married on Hamilton Island. My Dad has just had open heart surgery my FH is working away and I am trying to do this whole bloody thing on my own and i am just about ready to call it off as I am over it and cant seem to get anything organised. I cant go try on underwear for my dress as my 1yr old is full on and goes nits at the shops lol Bless him. I have no shoes the groom has no shirt no table decorations or bombadiere havent seen my dress in a month and think i have put on about 20 kgs and it wont fit any more no chosen hair style or make up or jewellery oh and 7 people just pulled out of coming AARRRHHH seems like i should just cancell the whole thing. Oh and only half the honeymoon is booked :cry: Feel like I cant do this anymore

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:50 pm

oh no Chrisbins... how can we help...

my FH doesn't have a suit yet... I know time flies... but you do still have time... do you need special underwear? (I'm not... just want to be comfy)
What colour shoes do you need, do you know what style? can you look online - there are some great buys to be had.
Can your venue organise table decorations or the bonbonnieres? but again you can look online and get a lot of that stuff too...

oh and I haven't booked my honeymoon either...

there really is enough time...

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Chrisbins wrote:
Need some helo girls!!!!!! :cry: I get married on the 11th July and I am so not organised it's not funny. Getting married on Hamilton Island. My Dad has just had open heart surgery my FH is working away and I am trying to do this whole bloody thing on my own and i am just about ready to call it off as I am over it and cant seem to get anything organised. I cant go try on underwear for my dress as my 1yr old is full on and goes nits at the shops lol Bless him. I have no shoes the groom has no shirt no table decorations or bombadiere havent seen my dress in a month and think i have put on about 20 kgs and it wont fit any more no chosen hair style or make up or jewellery oh and 7 people just pulled out of coming AARRRHHH seems like i should just cancell the whole thing. Oh and only half the honeymoon is booked :cry: Feel like I cant do this anymore

like jemima said is there anything we can do to help?

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Please forgive me, but I'm just too anally retentive to not have the list in it's proper order
Tee hee, I was going to do the same thing :lol:

Chrisbins- It's okay hun, you still have time...it might go by fast, but if you do things methodically, you should be able to get them done. Write a list of what needs to be done, from most important to least, and also what can be done at one time, then start to work your way through it. Like the shoes, shirt, jewellery and underwear...could you get someone to mind your son for a few hours so you can get all of these in one big hit? Can you wait until FH is back?
Do you have an idea of what you want for decos and bombonnierre? Try looking online and sourcing/ordering them, then picking them up (unless delivery is superfast and guaranteed). Have you booked someone to come to you to do hair and make-up....or are you going to a salon? Try make an appointment either way for a trial...they should be able to have a play around with your hair and suggest styles for you, then you can just choose....better yet if they come to you, get them to come during his naptime, or if you need to go to a salon, let them know you'll be bringing your DS along, and that you won't have much time- start gathering some pic of hairstyles and make-up that you like, to make it easier and quicker. Do you have family or friends who can pitch in to help babysit, or buy and pick things up for you?
Hope your Dad is going well.
Just take a deep breath, start at the top of your list, and work your way through. Let us know if you need anything :D

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Yay, just saw my ticker, one month to go :bdance: Oh, I'm all excited now :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1