A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 pm

My dearest FH tells me on the phone tonight (he works arvo shift) that apparently the shop I'm getting my dress from rang YESTERDAY to tell me that my dress has come in... nearly a month early !!! I can't believe he forgot to tell me :D

I'm going to go and pick it up tomorrow, but I'm going to have to be careful because my mother is visiting at the moment and she doesn't know about the wedding (I had to full-on lie to her lastnight when she started asking me questions about going to Coffs Harbour *LOL*). I'm hoping that the dress fits (I've lost a bit of weight since ordering it) and if it doesn't, then I'm hoping that the shop might exchange it for another (but it would probably have to be in another colour) because the dress itself is a stock-standard design... and more like a bridesmaid dress, not a bridal dress.

If they don't allow exchanges... or don't have anything else to replace it, then at least the fact that it has come in early means I have extra time to get it altered.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here.... *LOL*

Slwedding - hope your dad is ok !! I love that you have that hanky from your mum's wedding... that's special.

I can't believe that some of you are getting married next weekend !!! Holy cow, that has gone fast. Our wedding was five weeks yesterday... which seems ages away !!

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Girls :D

lets_elope: awesome news about your dress coming early, how exciting and relieving for you!

Mardi- Hope she gets it sitting right for you!

sl- Hope your Dad is okay hun!!!

Brissy- sorry to hear about your week last week, hope your ok...

Just have to say, I :heart: this thread (and everyone in it :D ) we've made a real nice little community here, and I'm so excited for all of us as our dates approach :bdance:

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 am

*mamabear* wrote:
Hi Girls :D Just have to say, I :heart: this thread (and everyone in it :D ) we've made a real nice little community here, and I'm so excited for all of us as our dates approach :bdance:

Ditto and Its going to be sad when its all over :( I hope we will talk forever :D

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 am

Once all our weddings are over (I'm the last one !!), I'm looking forward to introducing myself properly... in the meantime, I have to stay fairly anon until our secret elopement isn't a secret anymore :D

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:19 am

Yeah, we will have to start a "Post July 2009" thread to catch up LOL

in the meantime, I have to stay fairly anon until our secret elopement isn't a secret anymore

He he, I love the mystery of it all, how exciting!

OMG I am soooo excited, it's my Hen's night tonight....whohoo :bdance: :bdance: :bdance: It's really sinking in now that this is all happening..."oh my god I'm getting married" LOL I just can't wait to see everyone and catch up and party...I cannot sit still. I'll have to calm myself down, or I'll be exhausted before it even starts!

Also, off to the venue to finalise the set-up and cost this morning, so will be great to let my hair down knowing every last thing is done and final and paid for.

Hope you girls all have a great weekend...If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll pop some Hen's pics in my S&T :lol:

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 am

have fun on your hens night mama! im getting money this week to start finalising payments!! i would def love to still chat to u girls after we are all married..

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:29 am

It's my last day at work today for a whole month!
Plus my hens night is on tonight also :D

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am

I'm SO excited for you girls who have your hens night tonight. Have a BLAST and really enjoy being with your girlfriends.
Can you believe it's almost here. I said to FH today that the wedding is only 28 days away, that's CRAZY!! I can't wait. :D
I finish work on the 15th of July and have a week off before the wedding which is great! My hens night is on the 18th and I have no idea what's happening. I've been told it's being organised and I have to stay out of it. So I am!! :D The girls haven't organised anything yet (as far as I know!) but I'm sure it will be fun, I think we're having a day at one of BM's house and we'll go from there.
Good luck with final preparations and I will speak to you all soon.
Mardi. :D

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am

mamabear and buffiness I hope you both have a wonderful night

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:36 pm

brisbanegirl23 wrote:
mamabear and buffiness I hope you both have a wonderful night

Yes girls!!! Have a ball!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks for all your good wishes about my dad girls. He is still in hospital, so maybe will not make it to the wedding... :cry:

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:50 pm

big hugs for u and ur dad..xxx

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:46 pm

slwedding wrote:
Thanks for all your good wishes about my dad girls. He is still in hospital, so maybe will not make it to the wedding... :cry:

8 days more in hospital might help him rest to be able to be there, I'm thinking positive thoughts for you lovely.

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 am

Have fun tonight girls !!! I don't get to have a hen's night, so have plenty of drinks for me :D

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Sl- Thinking of you and sending lots of positive get-well-soon vibes your way to your dad!

I had a awesome night last night...lots of fun, and great memories! Have pulled up fine this morning which is a bonus! Popped some pics in my S&T, they have come out a bit small so I hope you can see them (couldn't be bothered taking them off and enlarging etc :lol: ). Gosh, 1 week to go, it all feels real now!

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 am

July 4th girls... less than a week to go now !!!! 8O

mamabear - looks like you had a great time at your hen's night. You're looking hot girl... what a gorgeous bride you'll be. Can't wait to see your wedding pics :D

Well, feeling on a bit of a downer tonight (or this morning actually... good god, look at the time !! *LOL*). We found out tonight that FMIL (who lives in the UK) has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and from what we can gather from the medical reports, any treatment will be of a palliative nature. I'm not sure what to say or how to act around FH because he is understandly very shaken by this news. Anyways... I'm assuming that that we'll be able to get married as planned... though I suspect that FH will probably want to jump on a plane and head back to the UK for a little bit at some stage.

Sorry to bring our thread down... please continue with the joys of marriage... lets celebrate new beginnings !!! :heart: :heart:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 am

Oh, Lets_elope, I can relate to your situation, and your FH's. It's just this sort of constant sadness/worry. This is the first time one of my parents has been really sick, and it's a different sort of stress than I have felt before...
It must be really hard for you all that your FMIL in overseas.. Can you both make it over to visit with her after your wedding...?

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 am

Oh dear, Lets_elope, I am so sorry to hear about your FMIL, that's terrible!!! Hopefully you two will be able to go over and visit her soon...it must be hard being so far away. And please, don't apologize, us girls are here for the good and the bad!
Thank you for your lovely comments too.

Buffiness- how was your night? :D

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 am

*hugs* to all that need them. i hope everything works out ok.

my night was great! much consumption of cocktails which was exactly what i wanted. as a bonus I got to meet Craig McLachlan - he was hanging out in the same bar where we'd started the party, just around the corner a bit from Star City which I think is where Chicago is playing at the moment. He was totally fabulous and let me have a photo with him and a hug. Turns out that he and his friend he was with are both Central Coast guys and know exactly where I'm getting married! I don't have any photos from the night yet, I didn't take a camera but everyone else did! mmmm....maybe this link will work though for one of the photos: http://twitpic.com/8gi5j (only 3 of those 4 drinks were mine :wink: )

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:28 am

Looks like you had a fabulous night love the horns :twisted: lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.75