A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:58 am

big hugs lets elope, my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, and is now going thru chemotherapy,and my nan(his mum) just passed from the same thing a few months ago. We think positive and hope for the best.Hopefully you will get over there soon enough for a visit.

sl wedding, hoping that ur dad will be ok, and able to give you away, i know the feeling of my father being sick and it scares the **** out of me, and we are constantly worrying about him, but we have to believe that he is going to be ok.

So big hugs to all, if anyone needs to chat feel free to pm me.

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Thank you girls :) :heart:

Buffy - great photo!! :mrgreen: :lol:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:50 am

As if things weren't bad enough - we just rang the hairdresser to confirm our appointment for Saturday (WEDDING DAY)- the lady says ummm... we have your hair booking but it hasn't been written in our make up book - and the lady has Saturday off!!! :evil: :cry: F*cking hell. How do you book one and not the other?? (for 4 girls!) We stood there and watched them write them in - and had a LONG chat with the make up lady, after the salon owner insisted on introducing us!!!

It's 5 days to go and suddenly something we organized 6 months ago is no longer booked :cry: We are waiting for them to ring us back...

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 pm

OMg hope you get it sorted out slwedding thats some unwanted stress

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 pm

OMG slwedding 8O !!! That's terrible :( Have you heard back from them yet?

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh bum... I just wrote a big post and lost it all... Grrr !!

Slwedding - How is your dad going? Do you think he'll be able to attend the wedding? Even if he can't be discharged, there might be a chance that they could release him for a couple of hours. It would obviously depend on what his condition is and what invasive lines (if any) he has (eg IV's, catheters etc).

Hope you've been able to organise a make-up artist at the last minute...

8 years - So very sorry to hear about your fathers condition. Pancreatic cancer is one of the nasty ones... so I truly hope you get a lot more time to spend with him.

Mamabear and SL - Your tickers are scaring me !!! 8O

Thanks girls for all your kind words re: FMIL. We haven't really heard anything further, so we don't know specifically what the future holds for now. But being an ICU nurse (something you didn't know about me), I pretty much know what the outcome will be (and I've discussed this with FH to try to prepare him). Sometimes it totally sucks to have medical knowledge....

As for our wedding... well, I got my dress off lay-by and it fits ok. My only issue is that I have a major problem with my stomach. Not to gross you out too much... but after having two caesars, I have this really ugly skin/fat overhang
around my abdo... and this ring of fat/skin is visible under the dress :oops: . I don't know what to do. I tried a pair of those tummy trimming underwear (from Target) and they've done nothing. Maybe I need to buy something more heavy duty. Any suggestions? This is stressing me out a little. I'm a bit worried that I'm going to have to Photoshop every wedding photo to edit out the ugly tummy. Stupid post-baby stomach :roll:

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:46 am

haha we found out tonight that indeed out dog is pregnant, and guess what, they think it could happen anyday soon, like this week or next (when we're on our honeymoon!) 8O drama drama drama

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 am

slwedding wrote:
As if things weren't bad enough - we just rang the hairdresser to confirm our appointment for Saturday (WEDDING DAY)- the lady says ummm... we have your hair booking but it hasn't been written in our make up book - and the lady has Saturday off!!! :evil: :cry: F*cking hell. How do you book one and not the other?? (for 4 girls!) We stood there and watched them write them in - and had a LONG chat with the make up lady, after the salon owner insisted on introducing us!!!

It's 5 days to go and suddenly something we organized 6 months ago is no longer booked :cry: We are waiting for them to ring us back...

AHHHHH, Slwedding, I feel your pain gorgeous. You think you have everything organised and then a curve ball is thrown at you to make sure you're awake. I hope that they are able to work something out for you, even if you call the makeup artist yourself and see what she says. Good luck.
Mardi. :D

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:55 am

Well not so much of a crises today - they have organised for another girl to do it - but she is 20 - where as the lady I had booked with had about 20 years of bridal experience. Still, might all turn out for the best... :? Oh, and two of us have to be in at 8am to fit it in now - so much for our breakfast plans :evil:

Haylele - how exciting about your dog! So what has to happen now to organise her?

Lets_Elope - the mystery of you deepens :wink:

Things with dad are looking promising - *fingers crossed* we still have a few days to go!! At least they are letting him eat today (He's been on a drip only for the past week; and didn't eat much at home the week before). So he sounds much more cheerful - we are going in to see him most afternoons.

How is everyone else going?? Any last minute issues/updates??

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:54 pm

lets- elope- I haven't had caesar's but still have a similar "hangover bit" :lol: , I ended up getting my "sucky-inny-thingy's" from Bra's and things. Cost a bit more (was $120) but it starts at your knees like bike shorts (not a skirt one) then comes up over the tummy, then turns into a bra with removable straps (has a keyhole shape at the back so you can fit your body size and bra size). It's made from a really thick material, and seems to have extra layers/sewing across the lower tummy, so it really holds you in. You might need to look around for sizes, but my few local shops had sizes ranging from 8A - 20D. Hope this is of some help!

haylele- Wow!!! What will you do with your dog? A wedding and puppies!!!!

sl- I'm so glad it got sorted out!!! Fingers crossed for you that she does a great job. Glad to hear your Dad is feeling better, hope it keeps it up :e_pray:

I feel so boring LOL. No updates, no last minute problems. Just waiting :e_sleeping: Haircuts for all the boys tonight...

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:39 pm

God I really don't know yet what to do with her, she was going to stay with FH's brother and partner but she wouldn't be able to handle it all, looking into pet motels at the moment drama drama drama. Just what we need right now a littler of puppies :?

Goodluck SL :( you poor thing. It will turn out fine don't worry 8)

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:40 am

I was just checking my diary and working out what needs to happen at work before I start leave and I am rather excited to say that I only have 10 days left of work (including today!!) YAY. I'm really excited, my friends will start arriving after the 15th of July and then the wedding on the 24th of July.
I can't wait. :D

Haylele, I hope everything works out with your dog, fingers and toes crossed for you.
Let-elope, I have a hang over bit as well (without having babies!!) and I found a really gorgeous corset to wear under my dress that sucks everything in! It has does up like a bra with eye buttons and is a little difficult to get into but it look awesome on! I found it at a website from here. It was for plus size girls. I can't remember what it was though. Sorry, it was a thread on wc about corsets.
Mamabear, I can't wait until I have nothing to add, it means you're organised!! We went to the florist yesterday to have a mock up of our table, it's going to be different but I hope it will look sweet. I'm really over it! I think I'll love whatever they decide!
Slwedding, I still am thinking positive thoughts and am sending them your way. I hope that your Dad is able to walk you down the asile. *thinking positive thoughts*

We've taken my FH's ring back to the jeweller, it was tight for him, I think he has put weight on in his fingers which is pretty funny!! The ring is being sent away and we think he might end up with a new one instead of resizing the original. Fingers crossed it's ok and gets back before the wedding and not costing too much!!!

Keep the updates coming gorgeous July ladies,
Mardi.

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Mardi- Yay yay yay, you must be getting so excited!!! Hope your FH's ring comes back super fast!

Okay, so this will be a mammoth post, I just put this update in the ACT thread, and thought I'd share it with you girls as well. Just says what I will be doing over the next few days...
Today- Meeting with the photographer to chat about what sort of pics we are after etc, and to fine tune where/how etc.
Tonight- Spray tan
Tomorrow- Quiet day at home, packing for the honeymoon...getting small things organised (charging camera's, ironing FH's shirt and kid's suits etc). FH finishes up at work for 2 weeks.
Friday- Decorating the venue in the morning, having facial/manicure/eyebrow touchup in the afternoon.

Saturday "The Big Day"-
8:30- Picking up flowers from florist (some-one else could do it, but it's close to my house and I want to check them LOL), quickly ducking back to venue to scatter silk petals for a petal aisle (will get ruined if I do it the day before).
10:00- the lovely Gemma (hair and make-up) arrives. FH will be getting ready with me and our boys at home too, but is banned from certain areas once the make-up begins!
11:00- my parents will come over, to watch the boys while FH gets ready, and they're bringing nibblies and sandwiches.
12:00- my hair and make-up will be done, so I'll dress the boys, then hop into my dress.
12:30- FH, the boys and my mum will go to the venue and have a few "waiting pics" taken. Other guests (just our parents and siblings) will be arriving then too.
12:45- My transport gets to my house, and off Dad and I go!
12:50- Dad and I arrive at venue. Few pics
1:00-1:20- Ceremony :heart:
1:20- 2:00- Some quick family pics, then FH and I and the boys will go for our pictures, while the bar opens and canapes are served. (Ceremony, pictures and reception are all at the one venue, easy peasy!)
2:00- we'll be joined by a further 90 adults and 40 kids for a cocktail/afternoon tea reception...lots of drinking and snacking...a couple of speeches, cut the cake, do the bouquet etc. Gecko gang will entertain the kids.
5:00- reception formally ends, my friends pack up venue for me. We can straggle as long as we like saying goodbye etc, as we have the venue until midnight.

Sometime after that we head home with our boys, and collapse! Take-away chinese for dinner. Then on sunday my MIL will pick the boys up at 10:00 (they are staying at her house for 2 nights, then my Mum's for 3 nights ) then we head off on our honeymoon for 5 nights.

Phew. The end!

Congratulations if you read this far LOL :lol: :lol: :oops:

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am

Mamabear - Yay !!! It all sounds very well planned... hope it all goes well. Now that it is after midnight...you're getting married in 2 days young missy !!! That also goes for you other 4th July brides too !!! :bdance:

Slwedding - I assure you that there is nothing further exciting about me *LOL* I don't want you to be too disappointed !!! :lol:
How is your dad going??

Mardilea - 9 days of work left now !!

Haylele - Hope your dog can hang on a little longer. What sort of dog is she?

To the other gorgeous July brides... hope everything is going well with your plans.

Me - I've updated my Show and Tell with a pic of me in the dress. I'm not overly pleased with it and would change it if I had the chance... but I've not got enough time, so I'm kinda stuck with it. I did manage to find something to help with the tummy issue (thanks mamabear for the Bra's N Things hint.. though I didn't end up buying the exact same thing as you). I also have a matching sheer shawl-type thing that I bought with the dress, so I've decided I'm going to wrap it around my arms a bit (and fasten it behind me) to create a bolero jacket look. It will help cover up my white flabby arms, though it might make me look a bit fatter (and maybe a bit grandma-ish *LOL*) but what's a girl to do :D I'm really starting to wish that FH and I got married before we had kids !!!

In non-wedding news, my littlest munchkin is sick. I'm staying up until at least 3am because I want to give him some more Panadol because I'm really struggling to get his temp below 39 degrees. I'm not really keen to go to sleep and let him stay febrile because I don't want him convulsing or anything. At least if I can give him a dose before I go to bed... then FH can get up at around the time that the next dose is due and get more Panadol into him.

I cant believe that my littlest man (the sick bubba) is turning ONE in two weeks. We're having a party for him on the 18th July... and then we're leaving Melbourne to start our upward journey to Coffs the following weekend. So with both the birthday party and the elopment to organise, I'm starting to feel the stress of it all. Even after the wedding we will be incredibly busy. We get back to Melbourne (with kids in tow again.. they are staying in Albury with my parents while we are in Coffs) on the Friday, and then fly out of Melbourne the next day to Auckland... which means that we come home... unpack stuff and then repack everything... and then go away again. Once we get back from our cruise, both FH and I go straight back to work (though I only work one day a week atm) and then we're having an informal reception at our house two weeks later, so I'll have to start planning that as soon as we get back. I don't know WHAT we were thinking when we decided to do this !! *LOL* (Once July/August is over, I'm going to relax !!!)

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 am

Lets: please read my comments in your S&T! - How is your baby going this morning?? And WOW - what a busy time you all have ahead of you!!

Mama: Sounds like a plan :wink:

Mardi - good luck with FH's ring!!

Well we met with our photographer yesterday - still feeling very comfortable/confident with her :D SO glad we were able to book her!

Met FH's dad and partner at the airport last night.

Today I have the make up trial with the new girl *fingers crossed* and kitchen tea tonight...

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 pm

lets- How's your little man doing today? Gosh, you have so much stuff on, it sounds like you'll be flat out juggling to get everything organised...but imagine how nice and relaxed you'll be once it's all done, nothing to plan...bliss!

sl- How's you dad doing? And how did the trial go? Can we see some pics??? Whohoo about your kitchen tea, I hope you have an awesome time :bdance: :e_bday:

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Slwedding - Hope your make-up trial and kitchen tea went well. What exactly is a 'kitchen tea'? :)

Mamabear - Thanks for asking... my youngest is doing a lot better today. I think we're through the worst of it now.

Getting excited for you guys this weekend... another 48 hours and it will be all over !!!!

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:56 am

*mamabear* wrote:
sl- How's you dad doing? And how did the trial go? Can we see some pics??? Whohoo about your kitchen tea, I hope you have an awesome time :bdance: :e_bday:

Dad is going okay (much better than he was!) - he will be there Saturday, but can't eat :( - I think this won't be solved quickly, but we are all a little more used to it now, so its feeling a bit more okay...At least he can join us on the day!!

Make up trial was horrid! Now I don't know a whole lot about this make up stuff - but to me, I looked like I'd died and then been painted up as a drag queen!!! 8O OMG it was ridiculous - I'm very pale, and the lightest foundation she had was orange on me 8O and she did a nice ring around my face (didn't blend it into my hair line or around my chin) She fully did my eyes first, then the foundation, so there was a nice ring of white patches around my eyes where she didn't quite blend the make up together. I asked for natural, so she used purple and white eye shadow - which went up to my eyebrows 8O She used liquid eyeliner in a line UNDER my bottom eyelashes... and the mascara was clumped in webs across my lashes.
I do understand that bridal make up needs to be slightly different from 'normal' make up - for cameras, to last etc -.... all the stupid girls in the salon came over, pulled a face when they saw it, then said, "oh, that suits you".... GRRRR... And I don't know enough about make up to tell her what to change / try - that's why I'm paying for her services!!!

Anyway, my lovely bridesmaids contacted another lady who will come to our hotel and do hair and make up $150 each. We also booked a trial for me this morning - so $700 later *hopefully* my hair and make up will be okay... The girls canceled the salon booking for both hair and make up...

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 am

lets_elope wrote:
Slwedding - Hope your make-up trial and kitchen tea went well. What exactly is a 'kitchen tea'? :)

I dunno exactly - I just didn't want to cause anyone more expense before the wedding by doing another big event... So we had a party at my BM's house - played some games with 'kitchen' type prizes (I really don't need anyting as FH and I have lived together for about 5 years). I asked if everyone could bring a copy of their favorite recipe for me, and the girls brought a book to collect recipes in. Lots of fun but I'm so exhausted!!
And my list if things to do today just seems to be ever growing!!

Chrisbins

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 am

Wow it sounds like everyones big day is getting very close. I picked up my wedding dress yesterday and took my mum and my bridesmaid. We both put on our gowns. Mum said when i walked out umm thats nice and when my bridesmaid wallked out she said qoq you look absolutely beautiful. OMG isnt that what she was meant to say to me :cry:

Anyway i took the gowns home and i pick up FH shirt today. All we have to do then is pack and get on the plane for Hamilton Island on Wednesday, Christening for our 1yr old Friday on the island and then Saturday look out everyone her comesw the beautiful bridesamaid and the average bride LOL Bloody parents who needs them lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.63