A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Re: July 2009

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello lovely July girls :heart:

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU :heart: for all the friendship and support over these last few months...it was awesome to have such nice girls to turn to, and I've enjoyed this thread immensely! I can't wait to come back and update you all, and see how everyone is going...not long now for any of us!!!!!

I'd like to wish all the Fourth of July girls an amazing day....I hope everything goes well for you all on the day, and that it is everything you've dreamed of and you enjoy every minute of it! I'll pop back in next friday to send the rest of you following brides off :D

This will be my last post for the week, so I'm wishing you all a safe and happy week... lots of love!!!! xoxox

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:11 am

buffiness, Mamabear, slwedding, haylele.... today is your day. May everything go smoothly and I hope you all cherish the moment that you transition from girlfriend to wife. I'm so excited for you all.... I may actually burst :D :heart:

Can't wait to see photos !!!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:23 pm

cant beleive its your guys turn already cant wait to see pics hope it is a lovely day for you all

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:17 pm

lets_elope wrote:
buffiness, Mamabear, slwedding, haylele.... today is your day. May everything go smoothly and I hope you all cherish the moment that you transition from girlfriend to wife. I'm so excited for you all.... I may actually burst :D :heart:

HERE HERE!!!
CONGRATULATIONS girls. :D

Chrisbins

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:27 am

mardilea wrote:
lets_elope wrote:

All the best girls I hope your day is everything that you dream it to be :)

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks so much girls!
I have just returned home from our weekend up on the Central Coast for the wedding! I don't have any pics of it all as yet but my FIL/wedding photographer should have them up on his website by the weekend :)
On our way back home we stopped by the travel agent to pick up our tickets etc. for our honeymoon and we found out that the agent we've been dealing with for months (who we love because she is the best travel agent ever!) isn't working there anymore! Apparently she handed in her resignation on Friday as she's starting up her own travel agency and because the boss was worried she'd take clients away from them, they asked her to leave the store immediately! So there was a little bit of scrambling around by the other girls there to get our tickets in order but we have them all now so it's all good :)

Back to the wedding - it was so wonderful! I'll have to write everything out soon once I decompress a bit. May only get around to doing it when we're on the plane or while on the honeymoon when I can sit back and relax a bit. We leave on Thursday for Bali which I can't wait for!

Hope all the other 4th July girls had a great day! Can't wait to here everyone's stories :)

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:06 am

Yay Buffiness !!!! Enjoy your honeymoon !!! :D

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Sorry its a bit late, but i hope all the girls who got married on the weekend, that is was everything u wanted and hoped for!!

I went to my dressmaker on sat morning, and my dress is to be taken in 2 sizes, i am cheering!!! purple petticoat is being made and cap sleeves put on, hopefully i wil have it back this weekend or next week, so i will post pics asap.

just

waiting on lollies (shoudl be here tomorrow), put together favours
do place cards
final seating chart
little boys suits
bmaid jewellry
hair and make up rial this weekend

AND MY HENS NIGHT ON SAT NIGHT...WOOT WOOT

Chrisbins

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 am

Well Girls my day has arrived I fly out to Hamilton Island tomorrow for my boys christenening on friday and the wedding on Saturday Hamilton island here we come :D Just wanted to wish the remaining July Brides all the best for a dream wedding and aslo to Thank everyone for their support ,tips and help obver the past few months. I think I would have gone mad without all of you so thanks very much and i will let you all know how it went on my return from the honeymon.

Cheers Chrisbins

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:55 am

Chrisbins wrote:
Well Girls my day has arrived I fly out to Hamilton Island tomorrow for my boys christenening on friday and the wedding on Saturday Hamilton island here we come :D Just wanted to wish the remaining July Brides all the best for a dream wedding and aslo to Thank everyone for their support ,tips and help obver the past few months. I think I would have gone mad without all of you so thanks very much and i will let you all know how it went on my return from the honeymon.

Cheers Chrisbins

Good luck with everything Chrisbins and have an amazing time. Can't wait to hear all about it. :D

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Girls!!

Just stopped in to say hello to you all!! We had an awesome day (but 1 million things went wrong!). I've quickly read through your posts - good luck to the up-coming July girls! Try to enjoy every single moment of the day (and days before) - it's all over all too soon!

July 4th girls - Can't wait to see your pics/read your stories!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 am

My last day at work is next Wednesday and I can't wait!
The week after that is going to be crazy with family and friends arriving from around Oz and South Africa.
I can't wait until the wedding is here, done and the we can go to Phuket and enjoy the beach and time together!
How is everything else going with you lovely ladies left? I'm over the planning, I'm ready for the day!!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

slwedding wrote:
Hi Girls!!

Just stopped in to say hello to you all!! We had an awesome day (but 1 million things went wrong!).:

Ohh geee what happened?

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:58 pm

brisbanegirl23 wrote:
slwedding wrote:
Hi Girls!!

Just stopped in to say hello to you all!! We had an awesome day (but 1 million things went wrong!).:

Ohh geee what happened?

Haha, I could fill a page... But honestly it was an amazing day for us :) I couldn't more highly recommend Kate Ramsey (photographer); the church; and Dr Rod (cars were stunning)! - I couldn't fault any of their services. Give me some time to write out a story and I'll add all the details :wink:

Also I went into Births, deaths and marriages, in the city today: mainly because it seemed easier than certifying documents (I have to do that a lot for work). It was SO easy! We had to wait maybe 2 minutes, and she printed the certificate on the spot. So I have now officially begun changing my name. My bank took the church certificate (and the cards arrived 2 days later in the mail at home!!), but the VicRoads website states they need the BD&M's one... So all done :wink:

I took my own camera to the reception - SO glad I did that! It's been great to look at photos from the day (I already have a scrapbook full of photos and treasures :lol: ). I also found that walking around the dance floor taking a few photos gave me some time to myself - people didn't seem to interrupt this time, and I sure needed a moment by the middle of the night!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Im glad you had a wonderful day and I cant wait to hear all about it

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Good Luck Chrisbins....I hope it's everything you've dreamed of and that you enjoy every minute :heart:

Yay to all the fourthies... we're MRS's!!!! :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

Well our day has been and gone, and I have to say it was just amazing and was everything we dreamed it would be....great fun, wonderful family and friends....great weather!

Just got back from our week long "child-free" honeymoon (awesome time!), and things here are still hectic, seeing our boys again, unpacking etc etc...just wanted to poke my head in and say "Hi" and that I can't wait to see everyone's pics and hear the stories! Also can't wait to share mine with you all too :heart:

Be back in a couple of days....Mardi hope your having fun seeing all your family and friends! Not long!!!!

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:12 am

Ohh i just cant wait to see pictures

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Okay, so I have finally got some spare time on my hands...Yay!

Our pro photos will be ready for us to pick up in 2 weeks, and I just can't wait to see them...we have a few pics from guests, but I'd rather wait and show you the pro ones, more exciting I think, in the meantime, here is the story...(hope it doesn't bore you to tears :twisted: )

We were getting ready together, so Saturday morning we got up around 7:00am, and fed and showered our boys. Then DH (YAY, DH not FH!!!) and the boys watched cartoons while I went and picked the flowers up, and put a few more decorations out at the venue.
Was a beautiful, clear, sunny day, but quite cold.
At 10:00 the gorgeous (and heavily pregnant) Gemma showed up, and got to work on my hair and make-up.
Around 11:00 my Mum and Dad showed up, looking gorgeous, and provided us with lunch and nibbles, and lots of hugs and tears. All this time DH was skirting from room to room to avoid me...was quite fun shouting directions at each other, so we wouldn't see each other. Lots of visitors came and went to give hugs, pick up flowers, video cameras etc.
At 12:00pm my hair and make-up was done, so DH got his suit on, and got the boys dressed. It took me and my Mum until 12:30pm to get me in my dress, make sure I had the right jewellery etc on. DH and I were both really nervous by then, and I felt sick....I just hate waiting around and wanted to be there....we held hands through the door a few times, and had a few quick nips of champers and rum for courage, then my mum, DH and the boys headed off to the venue.
At 12:35pm my car arrived. A few last minute fix-ups, quick melt-down for me, and Dad and I were off!

Got to the venue to find the last few guests straggling in, so waited in the car for a couple of minutes and had some pics.
SIL came out and fixed my dress etc, then the music started at 1:00pm and off we went. Lots of tears from Dad...was very windy by then and my veil was going all over the place, which sent me into giggles, so arrived to find everyone half-laughing and half-crying. My boys were looking very spiffy standing up next to their Daddy, and DH looked beautiful! My youngest called out "I love you Mummy" as we stopped at the end of the "aisle" and I started bawling.

The ceremony itself was very quick, as we held hands and said our vows our boys were whispering to us and took turns holding our hands...DH and I were very emotional and struggled through, but still managed to smile and laugh a bit...we were just so glad we were doing it, and so proud of our boys! My veil was all over the place but I had no idea!
After the vows both of our Mum's acted as our witnesses, we signed the register, and then it was 1:20pm and we were man and wife! Presented our boys with little certificates, and then walked into a sea of hugs, tears and cheers!
Spent a few minutes getting some family photos, then we wandered off until 2:00pm for our personal photos....the venue was great and sent out Champers, rum (DH's!) and nibbles to us, so had a drink or two while doing them! Our photographer was wonderful, we were really comfortable with her and had great fun traipsing through cow paddocks to get some shots.

Then at 2:00pm we had 95 adults and 40 children arrive, and the party was on! Food, drinks,hugs and congratulations flowed, kids ran around with painted faces, balloons, and young and old alike were digging into the lolly buffet! Conversations and fun never stopped. At about 2:45pm my mum and FIL did quick speeches, then I did one off the cuff...then we had a toast and cut the cake (which looked awesome!).
Then people just mingled, ate, chased their kids, DH and I had a ball, and were so relieved it was over and so happy to see our friends and share it with them...at some point I rounded the ladies up and tossed the bouquet.
Then it was 5:00pm ("official end time") before I knew it and people started packing up for me, and by 6:30 we finally said our final goodbyes and got our exhausted boys into the car (Had the venue until 12:00am, so were not in a hurry).

Arrived home- which is about 2 minutes away from the venue, ordered chinese...got our PJ's on, and sorted out the cards and wishing well and pressies. The babies crashed, we ate dinner, then curled up and watched our video and cried a bit more! (was surprising how emotional we both were...it was such a biiiiig day!). Then by 9:30 we were in bed and fast asleep!

Slept in on Sunday morning, handed the boys over to MIL (who had them for 2 nights, then my mum for 3) and off we went to Berry for our 6 days of pure relaxation! Bliss!

The day went exactly how we imagined it, was relaxed, fun and from what we've heard, every last guest had an amazing time and thought it was a great way to do it all....couldn't ask for more!

Congrats if you read this far LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 am

Thank you for that Mamabear, that has made my morning. I've had rather a horrible few days at work and reading that has made me remember that I'm getting married next Friday and I shouldn't be worried about stupid work issues.
Your day sounds perfect and I can't wait to see photos.

I had my hair trial last Friday and it is VERY different and gorgeous. It's part side braid/bun/curls and crazyness! I loved it and can't wait for what it's going to look like on the day. Have my dress back from having some alterations and the bones in the dress are now no longer there, which makes the dress sit better and I feel amazing in it! I can't wait to wear it!

Can't wait to see your photos Mamabear, Slwedding and Chrisbins.

My hens is this saturday, I'm scared about what my girls have got planned, but I can't wait to see some of my gorgeous friends!!
Have a gorgeous day ladies,
Mardi. :D

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 am

I just read the whole story sounds hectic but Im glad you had such a good day COngratulations

Madri I hope you have a great hens night and a fabulous wedding mines the day after yours and im getting a little nervous
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43