A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Re: July 2009

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm

waited 8 years wrote:
Hi gals, i have jumped ship form Oct 09 to this month! We were originally getting married in Oct, but due to some family issues we have moved it forward to July 25, very exciting!! Bit worried about the cold, but hey, u get that..lol

ok, some details

2 bmaids / 2 groomsmen
Ceremony - Macarthur Park, Camden
Reception - Wests Leagues Club
Dress - Zero -Love (love it)
Bmaids - waiting on color samples from China
FH ring - just ordered today Black titanium
Transport - Limo
Colours - Purple / Silver

Hi and welcome!! :D
I think that's how we all feel about the cold too - slightly worried, but what can you do?? Better than being hot, red faced, sweaty and burnt! :lol:
Any major problems in changing your date..? What are you working on ATM, and what's left for you to do?? :D

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:51 pm

thanx for the welcome!

so far done

sample invites. place cards etc
dress
photog. ceremony, rec booked
limo booked
rings (mine came as a set)
guest list, and rough seating chart
favours
shoes
hair
make up
cake
flowers

need to do

ring minister (its a friends godfather)
guys suits
boys suits (from cheap asian shop)
bmaid dresses (prob zero love)
bmaids shoes and jewellry

um, i think thats about it, although ive prob forgotten something.. :lol:

the reason we have changed the date is due to my father being unwell, and my cousin in qld being due 13th oct, so that would mean they could not come. I wanted June bit our reception place was not available, so July it is! LOL

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 am

you sound like you were too organised for Oct anyway :P

have you got your zero-love dress already?

we were going to be the 25th but doing it 26th now (was easier for ppl that just wanted to fly to bali for the w/end if they had to...) it's now on a friend's b'day - so we'll have do something for him before or after... (though - small vent coming- it's not like a big b'day or anything... I don't see why we really have to do something for it, his wife asked if we could... he'll be 27... it's no biggie... i've been to weddings where it's a young nephew's b'day so they do something... but they're kids and I think that's different... what do you guys think?)

Chrisbins

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 am

jemima23 wrote:
you sound like you were too organised for Oct anyway :P

have you got your zero-love dress already?

we were going to be the 25th but doing it 26th now (was easier for ppl that just wanted to fly to bali for the w/end if they had to...) it's now on a friend's b'day - so we'll have do something for him before or after... (though - small vent coming- it's not like a big b'day or anything... I don't see why we really have to do something for it, his wife asked if we could... he'll be 27... it's no biggie... i've been to weddings where it's a young nephew's b'day so they do something... but they're kids and I think that's different... what do you guys think?)

No way I wouldn't be doing anything sory maybe I'm selfish but the wedding is about you and your FH.Isnt the fact that he is going somewhere different enough. Maybe get FH to say happy birthday to him in his speech but that is as far as i would go :P

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:05 am

well FH wants to go paintballing the day after the wedding, cause I said no to before because of bruises etc... :roll: it will be all boys, so I told the friend that that can be for his b'day too...

yeh I was a bit surprised she asked, and she apologised and said it sounds selfish... but she still did it!

she was thinking of going for drinks the night before or something.. but I'll have 50-odd ppl in Bali for our wedding, all staying at the same hotel so we can spend time with each other etc, I don't think I can really duck away for his freakin bday ...

I feel better for having it out, and even better that someone agrees with how I feel :lol:

Chrisbins

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Mate tell your friend to pull her head in lol No way i would let my FH go paint balling the day after my wedding either you are a brave girl or again I am selfish but I want him all to myself for a least a few days after :P Actually why not tell her that she can have drinks the night before the wedding but you and all your gusets will be having a few drinks at the reception and they are more than welcome to join in. If it was a special birthday yeah maybe do something but not just any old day I'm sure if I was in Bali that would be celebration enough for me 8O anyways good luck with it all

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:19 pm

waited 8 years- Hi and Welcome :D Sounds like your nearly all done...are you excited now as you don't have to wait for Oct?

Jemima- OMG I can't believe she asked you that...how ridiculous....fair enough if he was a child, or it was a special one (21, 30 etc etc) but 27!?!

How's everyone else going??? :heart:

buffiness
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:27 pm

80 days to go! eeek!!!!

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 pm

[quote="*mamabear*"]waited 8 years- Hi and Welcome :D Sounds like your nearly all done...are you excited now as you don't have to wait for Oct?

i am so so excited that i dont have to wait any longer!!!

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Gorgeous Ladies,

How are you all? Everyone seems VERY organised at the moment, time is travelling by rather quick.

I've had a quiet few weeks, my grandfather passed away last week :cry: I've had my cry, now we're just waiting for a funeral date. So wedding plans have been put on the back burner for the moment.

I have booked a few things to look forward to though, the boys have an appointment to try suits on in May which is great and then I have a hair trial at the begining of June which will be exciting. I saw my hairdresser the other day and she's pretty sure she can do what ever I want, which is sweet!

FH and I are meeting with the chaplain who is marrying us this afternoon, I'm looking forward to speaking with him about the wedding. FH has questions, so I think I leave most of the talking to him!!

Welcome waited 8 years,the ladies here in July are awesome!
I love reading what you are all up to, keep it up!!
Mardi.

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Replies to different posts...

Mardilea, so sorry to hear about your sad news :cry:
Let us know how you go with the chaplain...?

80 days 8O :mrgreen:

Our page boy is having his birthday 2 days after our wedding, we are going to surprise him with a small cake and singing Happy Birthday during our speeches :wink:

I might finally be on to a good cake lady - talking by email so far, and price sounds very reasonable for what I'm after :D
We have a menu tasting at the venue this Friday night, and a re-scheduled meeting with our DJ/MC Sat morning.
We went dress shopping for mum today (again!)- we haven't found anything remotely okay yet... grrr... this is harder than I expected...

What are your mums/FMIL's wearing girls??

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:25 am

Oh Mardi, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Take care sweet :heart: . Hope everything went ok with the chaplain.

Buffiness- 8O Arghhhh!!! The countdown is well and truly on!

Our page boy is having his birthday 2 days after our wedding, we are going to surprise him with a small cake and singing Happy Birthday during our speeches

Aww, how lovely :D

As far as Mum and MIL outfits go, I'm not sure as yet what MIL is wearing, but I have an idea of my Mum's. As we'll be in the middle of a canberra winter and the temp will be somewhere between 2-15 degrees, she's thinking about something like a long shift dress with a longsleeve bolero shrug/jacket thing, most likely knit or similar heavy fabric. Or a little knit twinset (either skirt or pants) with a funky brooch and boots....shes a little elf, and will probably look quite cute either way!
But the thing is, it's easy to think about what to wear, and imagine it, but actually finding it in the shops is the hard part :x

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:49 am

Mardi - sorry to hear of your loss, at least maybe the wedding plans gives you something to keep your mind occupied... :heart:

my mum bought some reddish raw silk from a fabric store and might have something made, but not sure yet. my brother is getting married in Oct, so it could be more appropriate for that. (Bali might be too warm) FMIL is wanting to lose more weight and is leaving it to the last minute - stresses me out a little but they are both grown women so I just leave it...

on an off topic... my friend has asked me to be godmother for her son, and I had to go to a baptism meeting last night at the catholic church... not my scene!! was interesting though...

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Girls,
Thank you for the lovely comments. I'm going ok! Being busy is good and I've been speaking to my mum about things which is what I needed.

Slwedding, my Mum found her outfit at a store in Melbourne. It's a short (not too short, just on her knees!) dress in hot pink! She looks awesome in it. She bought it without me seeing it and was really worried but as soon as I saw it on, we both agreed that it was great :wink: . It doesn't make her look like a typical mother of the bride but she doesn't look like mutton dressed as lamb either!! It's going to be warm here so we don't have to worry about the winter issues.
Have you been to stores like Myer and David Jones? They might have sales on at the moment. Good luck with it. :D

The meeting with the chaplain went great, he is a lovely man and it was the first time FH had met him (I have know him since I was 10!). They got along right away and it was a fun meeting. We talked about marriage and what it means to be husband and wife. It was really great to think about the good things we do together and how we've both grown since knowing each other. There were a few questions that made me giggle :lol: , questions about conflict and how you deal with it, both FH and I are pretty stubbon but we have a rule not to go to sleep on an argument! It was all things that are true, it's about both of us not just one person!! We went through what the vows will be, they are lovely and not too old fashion. I'm starting to get excited about the whole process, not long now! :mrgreen:

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:42 pm

wow all you girls sound so organized im panicking that Im not going to get everything done not long for all of us now :)

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Girls,
I forgot to add in my last post that I have booked leave for our honeymoon which is EXCITING!!! 3 whole weeks off work and just over a week in Thailand, YAY!!
Also, I called my lovely photographer the other day, I was feeling a little worried about the timing and where we would have photos. I spoke to her about everything and she made me feel great. She has done some gorgeous photos and that makes me even more excited about spending our day with her. We're going to have some photo's taken at the beach and at a local jetty near where I grew up which should be special. It's all happening! If you want to have a look at some of her photos her website is http://www.capturephotography.com.au/home.html
I saw her website and loved it, then when I met Amy, she's gorgeous and a wonderful person, YAY, I'm excited!!!

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks for your replies about MOB dresses girls! We just got back from Bridge Rd - another day trying on outfits but not really finding anything. The anthea crawford outlet there has some beautiful outfits (and great prices) - but we still haven't found anything. Everything seems to look 'old' or too 'young'... or just doesn't sit well...
Oh, well, keep trying huh? If we don't find anything mum is happy to go with a suit - I kind of hope she just does this anyway! At least she will feel comfortable :)

Mardilea, great to hear your meeting went well! - And yay for the honeymoon!!! :mrgreen:

Don't panic brisbanegirl - anything we can help you find/with? :)

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm in a bit of a funk...

I'm a bigger girl (around a size 18) and I can't find a single dress that actually fits me (apparently bridal/formal stores believe that all girls are below a size 14). I'm doing Weight Watchers and have already lost 5 kilos which is great... but it doesnt seem to make me fit into clothes any better. I know that I'm only eloping, but I'd love to look back at my photos and think that I looked nice on the day. It's honestly making me want to cancel the whole thing at the moment. There's nothing like trying to squeeze yourself into a dress that doesn't fit to crush any form of self-esteem you may have had. I'm thinking that I'll be scrounging around the stores a week before the wedding trying to find ANYTHING that fits the way I'm going :(

Anyways... enough of the pity-party from me !!

I did manage to find some shoes today. They are a pair of silver strappy shoes with heels... and they cost me a whole $16 from Big W !!! I'm a classy chick huh?? :D I think these shoes are officially the first thing I've bought for the wedding so far (our wedding rings are on layby, so not sure if that counts). I think I have the jewellry that I'm going to wear already.

Still need to buy a crystal tiara/headband and blue garter belt.

Oh... and the dress of course :( :(

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 am

I replied in your other thread - Great deal on the shoes BTW :D

Each time I tried on dresses there were girls of all different sizes in the stores.. Where have you been trying them on? Maybe we can help?

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:49 am

Lets Elope- I've replied in your other thread hun, I hope your feeling a bit more positive after reading all the suggestions...there's heaps of options, keep your chin up :heart:

Mardilea- Now thats the exciting part....yay honeymoon :bdance:

Don't panic brisbanegirl - anything we can help you find/with?

Ditto :wink:

I'm starting to get nervous guys....and I have no idea why!!!! We've been together for 7 years, lived together for 6, have 2 sons together.....our actual day is very laid back and simple, but I keep getting these bursts of nervous/anxious butterflies in my tummy, anyone else feeling the same??? Grrr and my ticker isn't helping the fact...might have to delete it :roll:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27