A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Cheers Hemelody1228 :D

It occurred to me that as I am the last one getting married in this group (28th July - a Tuesday and 12 weeks today infact !!)... that none of you will probably be around to celebrate it with me. You'll all be on your honeymoons already !!! :heart: :heart:

Well, I've had no luck trying to find red shoes. I want something relatively cheap but with a bit of bling. I found some fantastic red stillettos... but this chick don't wear no stilletto's !!!!! Besides, weather permitting, we'll be getting married on the beach... so flatter shoes will definately be more appropriate.

I was thinking about maybe buying some red slip-on type shoes (you know, like fancy thongs with a small heel) and just adding some bling myself. I might check out DFO in Essendon first before going down that path though.

Feeling a bit disheartened today, my two year old son has started to become very aggressive towards my nine month old baby... to the point of drawing blood and even bursting a capillary in his eye. My youngest is such a gentle and happy little soul, so it upsets me greatly to see him being treated so badly. Anyways, enough of that...I'm sure you guys couldn't really give a toss.

As you were :)

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed May 06, 2009 12:17 am

Mardi- Yummmmmm...more chocolate/candy posts LOL Glad you've got it sorted!

July is coming , congrats all of you !

Aw, Thanks :D

none of you will probably be around to celebrate it with me. You'll all be on your honeymoons already !

Hee hee, I'll be back from mine by then, and eagerly hanging around to see the rest of the July-ites married off :D
As for your boys :( , I know what it's like, as I've been there and done that with my boys, a couple of times...and it is disheartening, and stressful for you as you try to deal with it, so sending you hugs hun :heart: And feel free to share about it in here anytime, there's more to life then weddings, weddings, weddings :wink:

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

Lets elope- I will be around to wish you luck as Im not going on my honeymoon til the 27th,as for the children my oldest has done the same so I just try to keep the baby away from him by putting the baby in his playpen or holding him ...so feel free to talk about it Im sure were not the only ones it happens to:)

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks guys :heart: :heart: :heart:

Speaking of honeymoons... where are you all going for yours???

We're getting married in Coffs on a Tuesday and are staying up there until Thursday. We get back to Melbourne on the Friday after stopping overnight at my parents house in country Victoria (and picking up the boys). No rest for the weary though... my parents will be following us back to Melbourne late Friday, then early Saturday morning, we all fly out to Auckland. We'll be in NZ for three nights then we're catching a P&O cruise back to Brisbane (via Vanuatu, New Caledonia etc). The cruise is for 8 nights and then once back in Australia, we'll be in Brisbane for three nights. It's going to be a crazy couple of a weeks.. and probably pretty stressful for us too (not looking forward to travelling with two toddlers).

We had actually booked the cruise with the family (plus there are extended family going as well.. we're all meeting up in Auckland prior to the cruise) well before we ever considered getting married. Then I got the brilliant idea (pfft !!) of eloping just before the cruise and then suprising everyone with the news on the ship. I figured the cruise could serve as a bit of a honeymoon as I couldn't see us being able to get away again any time soon. Now I'm wishing I'd allowed myself a bit more time. It seemed like a good idea at the time though *LOL* :D

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm

I have no idea wher to go for my honeymoon so suggestions would be great was thinking of the goldcoast or maybean island dont wanna spend to much thougg :D My kids are staying at there grandparents houses Great 2weeks of blissful peace mmmmm

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Fri May 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Girls :D

Great honeymoon ideas, lets elope that allsounds awesome! We were going to go to Thala Beach Eco Resort in QLD, but the flights from Canberra were ridiculous amounts, and...I'm sh*tscared of flying :oops: , and we only have 6 days - not long enough to go very far (worried about leaving our youngest for too long)..so we've ended up booking a little luxury cottage in a apple orchard at Berry, just outside the Kangaoo Valley in NSW. So lots of yummy seafood to eat, beaches nearby (winter tho), shopping (very arty-crafty, gourmet-ish community), activites to do (fishing charters for DP, whalewatching, horseriding etc), while still in a private setting...suits us to a tee! And again ( I am sooo budget concious LOL) it's actually come in at less then a third of the cost of our original plan :bdance:

Had my spray tan trial last night, it turned out great, I love how different (skinnier/healthier/toned) I look! have booked it for my hens night, and the wedding.
Hair and Make-Up trial tomorrow too, which I am really excited about, will post pics in my S&T afterwards!

That's all from me, in the middle of painting kitchen cupboards :roll:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri May 08, 2009 1:44 pm

It's nice to hear everyone's plans are coming together now!! :D

Honeymoon: We have booked a 'deluxe spa package' (about 4 nights away) in the country - leaving after the BBQ lunch the next day. - We booked a cruise for December to NZ too, but I'm still not sure if we will go. -Weighing up what we would rather spend money on at this point!! :lol:

I've just made the final payments on the DJ/MC ($550) and Photographer ($1,750)...
Also got the mints/lollies for our favours - and ordered a long suit bag for my dress (I'm finding it hard to hang as its a skirt and corset top).
Really the only things left to buy are cufflinks for GM, and paper to print the OOS inserts out on ...

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 09, 2009 1:51 am

Because I like to keep up with the Jones'... I've started an S&T. But being as I'm eloping, I'm probably not really worthy of one, but hey, what's a girl to do :D

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102919

Chrisbins

Sat May 09, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Guys not long now till we all tie the knot , We are leaving our 10 yr old behind and taking our 1 yr old with us on our honeymoon. Self drive 12 days in tassie. FH and I have never seen snow so we are getting a log cabin with an open fire place and hoping for the best.

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Ladies,
can you believe how quick time is going? It's great and scary at the same time. We've had an interesting week, I've been over sensitive (that time of the month!!) and have been letting things get to me. But yesterday was the worst day by far. FH's family that live in Oz (he's south african) have all said they can't afford to come to the wedding, we told them about the wedding around Christmas time, this is not an excuse. I understand that coming to Darwin is expensive but poor FH is only going to have his parents at our wedding and that's it. He has my family who love him dearly already but it's not the same.
On a happier note, we've paid for half our honeymoon and need to finish the payment this month, we're going to Thailand, Phuket for 8 nights, I CAN'T wait. I'm more excited about that at the moment than I am about the wedding!
I bought this gorgeous bracelet off ebay a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday,
bracelet.JPG
I :heart: it, it fits perfect and matches my necklace really well. YAY for me!!!

It's great to hear about everything ladies, Slwedding enjoy doing your order of services, Mum and I did some last weekend but didn't finish them, I found a gorgeous reading for my friend to do and a cute quote about love. We have to put them together, we bought ribbon this week, so this afternoon we're attacking them after I go shopping for Mum's mothers day present! She's wants a pair of earrings that she can wear to the wedding, she's so cute!!

Mammabear, good luck with your trials I can't wait to see the outcome. :D
Chrisbins, I hope you get snow on your honeymoon, tassie is a beautiful place. :D
Ok ladies, I'd better get ready and moving.
Talk soon,
Mardi.

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sat May 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Girls,

Just a quick post, have to pic the kids up from their Nan's!

Mardi- Sorry to hear about your FH's family :(
Gorgeous Bracelet!!!!

Had my Hair and Make-up trial this morning and had a ball! Really happy with the outcome, have put the details and some pics up in my S&T!!! Feel free to offer your opinions!

Have a lovely weekend all, and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to the mummies :heart:

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Mon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Hmmm...does anyone else accidentely click on "July 2010" and then stare in confusion at the multitude of posts from people you don't "know" and think,my god, the thread has been busy since I last checked?!? :oops: :roll: :lol:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm

*mamabear* wrote:
Hmmm...does anyone else accidentely click on "July 2010" and then stare in confusion at the multitude of posts from people you don't "know" and think,my god, the thread has been busy since I last checked?!? :oops: :roll: :lol:

I agree with you!! I started looking the other day and then realised the date! :D :D
I don't think I could wait another year, I'm ready for our honeymoon now!

paod
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi Girls,
I am a July 2009 Bride too but havent been on this post before...takes me a while to get with the times hahaha
I hope everyones planning is coming along nicely :)

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi paod, and welcome :D :D :D

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am

*mamabear* wrote:

glad it's not just me :P haha

Hi Paod...

I went and bought the trim for my 2nd dress last w/end and going to see the dress maker this w/end... dawdling a bit with all this stuff at the moment... need to get back into gear...

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi paod welcome to our lovely little group

Jemina23:Hopefully my dress will be hear by next week I'm so excited I cant wait ....

I haven't got much other news as I'm just slowly plodding along not quiet sure of what to do or what to do next .
Also am in the process of making a bag of things to do for the kiddies and at the moment Im printing out a lovely colouring in book for them all isn't that nice :D

mamabear: Thanks for the lovely mothers day wishes my son was teething all day:(

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu May 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Brissy- Oh, the poor little mite :( Hope it's over soon!

He he, glad others click on the wrong thread, I do it nearly every time I check in here!

FH finally went and (with the help of his sis) got his suit the other day. I'm not allowed to see it, but apparently it's black with a pinstripe, and a black shirt, oh and no tie...he got shoes too- so finally sorted. Which means apart from new page boy suits on order (as they aren't wearing a tie, I decided to go with a chinese collar shirt, looks more finished then an open collar)...I now have EVERYTHING done!! Argh! Just one rehearsal in a few weeks, and ringing and confirming with all the services closer to the day...but other then that, finito!

Hmm, got my hens night dress the other day too,from Chelsea, black, 3/4 sleeve, deep v neck with a diamond shape of embroidery-type stuff under the V and bust, and a wraparound tie-up bit....will need to get it taken up to just above the knee, as at the moment it is calf length, which doesn't suit me at all! Will wear it with some knee-high deep brown pointy boots, which I saw at Sandler, but need to save for (will last a lifetime hopefully!). So that was exciting :D

That's about it from me!

God girls, July is just getting too close, too fast!

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri May 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi girls!! Great to read all your updates :wink: Welcome Paod!!

Today I finished off our wishing well - yay.

Bought bulk paper to print our OOS booklets (covers are all done); and have half finished our Place Cards.

A garment bag arrived in the post from ebay, so my dress is now hanging nicely in the spare room (about 2 weeks before it goes off for alterations!).

Tomorrow FH and I are taking FMIL dress shopping down Bridge Road - hopefully it will be a positive, bonding experience... :?

Plus I'm going to my cousins wedding this weekend - which I'm really looking forward too (as much for catching up with everyone, as just to see how they have organised theirs! :wink: :lol: ).

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri May 15, 2009 9:07 pm

*mamabear* wrote:
I now have EVERYTHING done!! Argh! Just one rehearsal in a few weeks, and ringing and confirming with all the services closer to the day...but other then that, finito!

OMG - how does that feel?? 8O
-and is it still true a few days later (or has anything new cropped up)...?? :lol: :P
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11