haylele wrote:
4th July: buffiness, Mamabear, slwedding, haylele
24th July : Mardilea
25th July : brisbanegirl23, waited 8 years
26th July: Jemima
28th July : lets_elope

So exciting not long to go now guys :D

Hi Lovely Ladies,
I had my makeup trial on Friday and I am SOOOOOO happy with the results. I don't wear makeup at all so the whole process was pretty new to me (if I go out I'll wear some eyeliner and mascarra but that's about it). So to have the makeup artist here and chatting was great. My makeup was very much how I had asked and I felt really gorgeous which is great.
The photo's are massive, so I'll try and reduce them for you to see.
Hope you are all wonderful and everything is going FAB.
Mardi. :D

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2009

Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Ladies here are the photos from the makeup trial.
I usually wear glasses so seeing me with contacts freaks me out a little bit. I'm pretty proud of my green eyes!
makeup4.jpg
P1020541.JPG

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:02 am

Pretty! You look great! Makes your eyes so striking :heart:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:13 am

haylele wrote:
Pretty! You look great! Makes your eyes so striking :heart:

I agree! Makes your eyes really stand out beautifully! :D :heart:

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 am

Whohoo, Mardi, you look gorgeous!!! Like hay and sl said, it really makes your eyes stand out beautifully! :heart:

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks girls, I'm really happy with the results. :mrgreen:
Not long now, I can't believe how quick time is going. Some of you are less than a month away, 8O HOW EXCITING!!!
Can't wait to hear about everything, I hope you are all well and everything is coming together.

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Gorgeous pics!!!!

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am

Hi girls

Yesterday we finally ordered a cake - 2 tiers square - chocolate mud - with chocolate icing and minimal white chocolate swirl decorations around the edge of each square - dark purple ribbons - simple and easy. Should show off my cake topper beautifully :lol: (it's a surprise to FH for a laugh, so really is the purpose of my cake!)

Also dropped in my white gold Ering for rhodium plating, so it's nice and shiny on the day.

We looked for places for our location photos, as there is a state park over the road from the reception - lot's of river red gums, wooden bridges etc. - easy!

-We had the *hopefully* last meeting with the venue yesterday - the functions manager is fantastic so far! He was really open to anything, and great to deal with :D

We are having black bottom table cloths with white over the top, and silver chair bows.

Picked our menu:

Hot and cold canapes

Entree - and bread rolls
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni topped with a tomato and basil Provencal, and shaved regiano parmesan.

Beef and mushroom flurette - diced beef and mushrooms in a creamy mushroom sauvignon blanc sauce ragout, individually wrapped in a filo parcel and baked golden brown with a dipping sauce.

Main - served with snow peas, polenta squares and vegies.
Char grilled scotch fillet with a creamy cracked peppercorn cognac sauce

Chicken Philadelphia - chicken breast pocketed with Philly cheese, mushrooms and shallots, parmesan crumbed, and oven baked with a basil, tomato and onion Provencal.

Dessert
Intoxicated strawberries in a brandy snap basket with raspberry coulis and king island cream.

Sticky date pudding whit a rich butterscotch sauce, home made ice cream and double whipped cream.

Coffee/port/wedding cake/

Chrisbins

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Ok just wanted to say thank you for all the offers of help. I am all good again now just think things were getting a bit on top of me. Bought my shoes last friday and conformed chair covers and sashes and also table set up and menus. Went to see my dress and bridesmaid dress jsut as the shop called to cancel. One of her daughters has swine flu and she has to close the shop for several days so hopefully it wont be to long before I get to see it :( thanks girls I just needed to vent and you guys wore the brunt of it.

Dad is doing really well as he said he is walking me down the Aile if it is the last thing he does.FH is back and things are better so thanks agin to everyone for listening.

Cheers

Chrisbins

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:45 am

Mardilea: you look amazing

slwedding:sounds like you have been busy and the menu sounds yummy

Over the weekend I sorted out my table seating , brought umbrelllas , booked my honeymoon and wrote out the OOS booklets(now I just have to get them printed)
So for my honeymoon in staying 2nights at lisson grove at Mt tambourine, and @ the gold coast staying 4 nights at crowne plaza ,3nights at Watermark and 2nights at Plazzo Versace cause we couldnt chose one lol

Not long now girls hope its comming along well for you all
kylie

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Chrisbins, glad you got it sorted.

sl- Oh my god, how yummo is your menu!!!!! Sounds soooooo good. Hungry now LOL

Brissy- Honeymoon places sound great, how exciting booking it all!

Still nothing new to report here....I'm getting a bit bored waiting, it's like the last few months flew by, but these last few weeks feel like they are in slow motion. Finally had a tonne of RSVP's flood in, and we haven't had one no, so we now have 91 adults, 32 children confirmed, and just waiting for 5 more families to reply....eeeeeeeek.

Just been going to the gym to try and tone up a bit more, fun!

Loving all these updates, sounds like everyone is busy busy :bdance:

xoxo

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 am

Slwedding, your menu sounds YUM!!! Brisbanegirl, awesome spots to stay for your honeymoon.

I can't believe that it is already June 10th. I'm having a mini freak out about the whole wedding! 8O I'm super excited to get married but I'm really nervous about the actual ceremony, in front of everyone!! I'm not someone that worries, I'm pretty relaxed and happy to go with what is happening :D , but I want my wedding to be fun and I think that I'm really nervous about the ceremony and then the reception being boring :oops: !! I don't want a boring wedding!! I want people dancing and having fun. I'm sure it will all fall into place but I'm really nervous!

How many times can I use the word nervous in one paragraph!!

I hope things are wonderful with you all and girls look at those tickers, time is going quick!!
Talk soon,

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh Mardi, I am the same....not so much about others having fun, I don't really know what exactly it is about, but I get these bursts of really nervous butterflies-in-the-tummy feelings the closer it gets and the more I think about it. General nerves I guess LOL. I've waited so long for this, so long...and now it's almost here I feel a bit sick. It's pretty regular with me though...before anything kind of big (buying a house, changing jobs, both pregnancies, dance comps, exams etc) I get freaked out waiting around, then am always calm and collected on the day, I just hate the waiting around part. What makes me laugh is that having said that, this is not much of a change for us....only my signature and name will be different, life won't magically alter, but it's like even though I know that, this just happens to be my natural way to deal with any change.
God now I'm just nervous again after reading yours and thinking about mine. Eeek. LOL. Where is the wine?!?!

Hope everyone is going well :heart:

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 pm

6 weeks today to go!!!! :bdance: :lol:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm

waited 8 years wrote:
6 weeks today to go!!!! :bdance: :lol:

Hehe, 3 weeks to go!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 pm

*Starts conga line*

"We're all getting mar-ried soon, we're all getting mar-ried soon, we're all getting mar-ried soon"

LOL, 3 weeks (or 21 days) to go here too :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:43 am

yay, im sooo excited for all us July girls!!! is everyone else pretty much done also??

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 am

waited 8 years wrote:
yay, im sooo excited for all us July girls!!! is everyone else pretty much done also??

Yep - but just when I think I'm done :lol: ....I've finally started a few lists - one is a diary of the last few days leading up to the Saturday. The other is all the tiny jobs that need doing - like asking someone to collect the pew bows after the ceremony; wrapping a few special 'thank you' gifts to put at place settings for certain people; hiring an outdoor heater for our BBQ the next day; printing out menus for tables etc.

FH actually sat down with me and finished off a lot of the favours yesterday - although he did point out "I'm helping and I'm not even whinging!" :?

I asked the florist for a final quote (I added 2 items) and it came with about $100 missing from the total!! (I think she added it up wrong!). So we tried to ring her to tell her and she's not returning my calls.... All I want to do is give her money :roll: - But thats the last big cheque to send (besides the venue). Then just paying for hair and make up for the girls, dress alterations and donation to the church...

I'm picking up my e-ring and contacts on Wednesday, dress next Friday, and then the family are starting to fly in..

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 am

this is what we have left

rings to be put in to be cleaned
bmaid dresses should be arriving by end of this week (zlove)
order lollies for favours and put together
going to dressmaker on 4th july for alterations
seating chart (waiting on app 5 rsvps to come back)

final payments not due till july so just have to let parents and in laws know when i need money..lol

and hens night is on July 11!!!! Woot woot
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25