Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Discussion thread for all the December 2009 brides :D

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Re: December 2009

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:56 pm

YAY! :D a DEC 09 thread! :)
I am getting married at linton gardens (central coast) on the 5/12/09.
I just got my dress today from somersby outlet. was 2000 down to $350!!! NEVER been worn. It hadnt even been in the shop. came straight from the designers showcase hehe bargain!
2 things down..a million others to organise!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 am

Ohh, yaya our own thread :)

We are getting married Dec 19th 2009. A Summer wedding :mrgreen:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:25 am

yay! I dont feel as lonely now! I have a friend in the dec thread! LOL haha

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Yayyy 8)

Our wedding is @ Maddies @ Bolwarra and our reception is @ Noah's on the beach in NC.

We have also booked the cars, music & celebrant.

It's so exciting hey!! :lol:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:40 pm

ooooh how exciting!
have u started a show and tell thread yet?
I have started one. It has piccies of my venue, dress, BM dresses etc.
Id be more excited if my BM's weren't starting another world war together...and blowing me up in the process. So I have canned my BMs for now!....here I was thinking I'd NEVER have any hassles with BMs....how wrong i was! :(
Look forward to seeing/hearing more about your big day!

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:07 am

woo hoo December thread :)
I'm getting married on the 12/12/09 reception at noahs havn't decided on ceremony yet. Thinking Burwood rotunda. I thought i was pretty organised till i found this website hahah i have only booked reception and thats all :) Yay too summer brides :P

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:56 pm

ktloos wrote:
woo hoo December thread :)
I'm getting married on the 12/12/09 reception at noahs havn't decided on ceremony yet. Thinking Burwood rotunda. I thought i was pretty organised till i found this website hahah i have only booked reception and thats all :) Yay too summer brides :P

Ohh another Noah's bride :lol: I thought about having ours on the 12th aswell!! omg, hehehe :mrgreen: Did you book @ the Bridal Expo?

I couldn't be bothered finding a place in Newcastle to have the wedding service so we decided on Maddie's. The thought of having randoms around didn't appeal to me, nor did all of the arranging seats and deco's & what if it rained, aigh aigh aigh!!. Lol.

I think i have decided on colors today but I'm not quite sure.. will see how i go.

We have decided not to have bridesmaids and Groomsmen.. we figured it has been about us from the start and it will continue to be about us and so on. My sisters didn't mind which made me happy because i thought they might have been annoyed.

Look forward to chatting some more to you girls soon :heart:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Has anyone thought of flowers?
Weird QI know! but I originally wanted frangipanis but the lady said they would brown kind of quick. rightyoh. they wouldn't really "go" with my dress anyway. Lillys? pink ones? Nope, they will also bruise and wilt too easy. AH HUH! TULIPS! nope. they will start out looking nice but they will follow the sun and open up pretty quick...so seems as though my ceremony is outdoors I would end up with all my lillys facing one way! lol
I considered latex but my FH is being a royal pain in the butt and doesn't want fake flowers at the wedding...i might order some online and show him how good they look in pics and that no one will know the difference! ;)
mmmm if that fails I am going with the good old rose! Maybe a mixture of different shades of pink...but i dont know cause I was 3 BMs. Pink, aqua and purple/blue....BUT they could always have a mixture of pink along with the deep purple roses and a bit more colour...without it looking odd...i think..god I am difficult! :?
hahaha
any thoughts?

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:37 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
Has anyone thought of flowers?
Weird QI know! but I originally wanted frangipanis but the lady said they would brown kind of quick. rightyoh. they wouldn't really "go" with my dress anyway. Lillys? pink ones? Nope, they will also bruise and wilt too easy. AH HUH! TULIPS! nope. they will start out looking nice but they will follow the sun and open up pretty quick...so seems as though my ceremony is outdoors I would end up with all my lillys facing one way! lol
I considered latex but my FH is being a royal pain in the butt and doesn't want fake flowers at the wedding...i might order some online and show him how good they look in pics and that no one will know the difference! ;)
mmmm if that fails I am going with the good old rose! Maybe a mixture of different shades of pink...but i dont know cause I was 3 BMs. Pink, aqua and purple/blue....BUT they could always have a mixture of pink along with the deep purple roses and a bit more colour...without it looking odd...i think..god I am difficult! :?
hahaha
any thoughts?

THB i have not really thought about flowers. My sister had Pink Oriental lily's at her wedding & they wilted pretty much right away. We threw them after the wedding photos. It was quite disappointing but at the time we were all to tipsy to care!! :P

I don't go much on frangipanis because they are so common. The mixed bunch of roses would be nice, are they common aswell? lol 8O I really have no idea!! haha!!

We booked our wedding cars today. They are quite nice & we are both happy with them. I also think have decided to have Bridesmaid and Groomsmen now :roll: WATCH THIS SPACE!! who knows .. :|

I thought i was organized but i think you have it all over me MaddieNat!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 am

LOL I am not that organised haha....just been planning my wedding since i could walk! lol
I love frangipanis. I have always liked them but now everyone has them im turning off them a little. :?
I am looking into photographers. I have narrowed it down to 2. I will try to book a date to see them in person.

Mark white http://ccweddings.com/mark_white_weddings.htm or

http://www.risingstarphotography.com.au ... epage.html

I like their style and they have my mum's stamp of approval. She is going to speak to Mark at her next camera club meeting.
I would have liked David benson or another couple but their prices are WAY too high. I refuse to pay that much money for the album (its the album that costs all the $$$ not the pics) so I am going for a cheaper option but still great photography!

I have to scan a photo of the flowers i want. i got a flower mag just to browse through to get some ideas.

I am unsure of my BMs still as the 2 i chose are fighting. I am ready to ditch them both and start again. It was such a hard choice to make and i only chose those 2 early because we were all good friends...or so I thought!

what kind of cars did u get Elle_Jay?

I want a horse and cart. lol I am a big horse lover...I'd prefer to arrive on just a horse but think I would get a wee bit dirty! and dont have a horse to use lol

Look forward to hearing more of your plans girs!

beachbridedec09

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Hey, I am a new member. This is an exciting time . . we can start organising things soon. Anyone else having a casual beach 'do'?

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:16 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
LOL I am not that organised haha....just been planning my wedding since i could walk! lol
I love frangipanis. I have always liked them but now everyone has them im turning off them a little. :?
I am looking into photographers. I have narrowed it down to 2. I will try to book a date to see them in person.

Mark white http://ccweddings.com/mark_white_weddings.htm or

http://www.risingstarphotography.com.au ... epage.html

I like their style and they have my mum's stamp of approval. She is going to speak to Mark at her next camera club meeting.
I would have liked David benson or another couple but their prices are WAY too high. I refuse to pay that much money for the album (its the album that costs all the $$$ not the pics) so I am going for a cheaper option but still great photography!

I have to scan a photo of the flowers i want. i got a flower mag just to browse through to get some ideas.

I am unsure of my BMs still as the 2 i chose are fighting. I am ready to ditch them both and start again. It was such a hard choice to make and i only chose those 2 early because we were all good friends...or so I thought!

what kind of cars did u get Elle_Jay?

I want a horse and cart. lol I am a big horse lover...I'd prefer to arrive on just a horse but think I would get a wee bit dirty! and dont have a horse to use lol

Look forward to hearing more of your plans girs!

Can you share the pics when you scan Maddie? That would be great.

I think we are back on with the BM'S AND GM'S 8O I'm not sure if i have already told you that lol!

So we have decided on 2 wedding cars.

1957 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith & 1972 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow both cars can be found below :lol:

http://www.silverclassic.com.au/page.php/cars

The horse & cart would be so elegant, just stunning. :D

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 pm

beachbridedec09 wrote:
Hey, I am a new member. This is an exciting time . . we can start organising things soon. Anyone else having a casual beach 'do'?

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you :P

We thought about the beach wedding but i was to worried about the weather :cry:

Please keep us posted on how your plans are coming along!!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:38 pm

elle_jay wrote:

Can you share the pics when you scan Maddie? That would be great.

I think we are back on with the BM'S AND GM'S 8O I'm not sure if i have already told you that lol!

So we have decided on 2 wedding cars.

1957 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith & 1972 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow both cars can be found below :lol:

http://www.silverclassic.com.au/page.php/cars

The horse & cart would be so elegant, just stunning. :D

I will post some piccies of flowers asap.

how exciting! you have selected wedding cars :) NIIICE.
Look forward to seeing the plans for the BMs hehe

hi beachbride. I waned a beach wedding at first but was too scared about the possibility of rain hehe...oooh and i wanted to sashay down the red carpet in heels lol.
look forward to hearing more ladies! :D

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Ohh i'm procrastinating on photographers & i just ate wayyy to much apple pie & custard :roll:

Just showing a friend the place we are getting married @ so i'll post the link here too.. http://www.maddies.com.au/ :heart:

beachbridedec09

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome MaddieNat and Elle_Jay! You sound really organised. Elle_Jay your venue looks great.

MaddieNat - I am having the same flower dilemma. I wanted franjipani's but can't find a florist who is willing to do them (they are all worried about them going brown), I don't like fake ones so I am considering these:
peonies, calla lillies, daisies, strelitzia, ginger, lotus flowers.

Also, this is a helpful list I got from the net:

Summer flowers:
Agapanthus, Alstromeria, Antherium, Aster, Bird of Paradise, Bouvardia, Buddleia, Pixie Spray Carnation, Sim Carnation, Christmas Bells, Cornflowers, Dahlia, Delphinium, Frangipani, Freesia, Garden Roses, Gardenia, Gerbera, Ginger, Gladioli, Grevillea, Hangers, Heliconia, Holly, Hydrangea, Iris, Jasmine, Larkspur, Lavender, Leucadendron, Liatris, Lisianthus, Singapore Orchids, Pansy, Peony, Privet Berries, Proteas, Queen Anne's Lace, Designer Coloured Roses, Mini Roses, Solidaster, Stephanotis, Sunflowers, Sweet Pea, Tuberose, Zinnia, Belladonna Lily, Calla Lily, Gloriosa Lily, LA Lily, Oriental Lily, Pineapple Lilies, Tiger Lily, November Lily, Water Lilies.

It would be so fun arriving on a horse - but I understand the dirt dilemma. My fiance wants me to arrive on an Argo - which is a beach buggy with six wheels! I am still considering it. I am having lots of dogs at my wedding ceremony so I am bound to get dirty sooner or later - I would just prefer it is after the ceremony not on the way to the ceremony! ha ha :D

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 pm

I have not thought about flowers hey. I guess I'll start looking soon. :lol:
I am meeting with the ladies from EOE next Saturday to talk decorations. I am after a nice backdrop, maybe fairy lights etc.

I went to Noah's to have a peek @ a wedding last Saturday, it was set up for nearly 100 people 8O The decorations were simple yet elegant & i loved the color scheme. I got some good ideas heheh :evil:

Do you ladies have facebook? I would love to talk some more about all this wedding stuffs :heart:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:02 pm

elle_jay wrote:
Ohh i'm procrastinating on photographers & i just ate wayyy to much apple pie & custard :roll:

Just showing a friend the place we are getting married @ so i'll post the link here too.. http://www.maddies.com.au/ :heart:

OOOOHHH very nice! sooo beautiful!

Ella jay...is 100 guests a big wedding to you? lol i wish i could have 120! Ive been quoted for 150.... 8O ...hoping it wont be quite that many. maybe 140 :lol:
I'll PM u my facebook. The other girls can also pm me if you wish and we can exchange facebook details.

I am also now looking at aspire photography....decisions decisions! lol

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:28 pm

wow 150 is huge.. we'll its probably not but it would work out quite pricey if we done it that way.
With 61 people we are looking @ approx $8000 8O

Thanks for the facebook add, it's great to put a face to the names on here :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39