A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Re: December 2009

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:05 pm

MrsG2be wrote:
I've done a bit of a show and tell: http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=98404 - hopefully that works.

So our details are:

-12 December 2009
-10:30 a.m. ceremony in a catholic church
- 1:00 p.m. reception
- Possibility of bare foot lawn bowls after the reception with who ever wants to come
- I'm having 4 bridesmaids, FH is have 3 groomsmen and 1 groomsgirls

All i've got left to do is

-bridesmaid dresses
-my shoes and hair accessories
-order favours
-get guys suits

Loving all your things so far! :)

Dandelion wrote:
Hi girls, I am dropping in here because while my 'proper' wedding is in Dec 2010, this December we will be going to Hong Kong for a Chinese wedding - not as much for me to organise but I do have to sort out outfits, jewellery and a few other bits and bobs. :D

welcome! you can hang in here hehe

nicoleneal88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 pm

MrsG2be wrote:
Hi girls... I'm getting married on 12/12/09 - I feel fairly organised and just want the day to hurry up!

I totally agree! Im getting married on the 13/12/09. I feel like its forever away!

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

hello and welcome to the new comers! I think i found "the dress" i am going to try it on one more time on saturday but im pretty sure i will order it : ) i have only looked in 2 shops and tried on about 8 dress's but this dress is so "me" we also booked our wedding car we are getting a stretch hummer im so excited! Are you girls doing save the date cards?
I think time is going soo fast i can't beleive i have been engaged for 6 months it feels like yesterday, so hopefully the next 6 months will go just a quick :D

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Ktloos how exciting! I want to hear all girl! hehe

I am listening to the demo DVD Acoostic Moose sent me. you know the guy that was playing at the expo. I think I am in love! lol I would love him to play at the wedding, but I cant think of anywhere to put him because of the bag pipes and dj. Oh well. Maybe we will hire him for the christening of the deck party LMAO.

You just made me realise I have almost been engaged for 6 months! 8O where has the time gone! it seems like only yesterday.

The year will fly by girls and before you know it we will be wishing there was more time to organise things.

I am taking the plunge next tues and going blond 8O I am really hanging out for the 7/3 for my hair and make up trial (and for our friends wedding). I need to get through next weekend first! I am throwing a baby shower so all hands on deck (literally) this weekend to finish off the decking. Its taking forever.

Fingers crossed I get my new veil next week ;)
Nothing else new on the wedding front here really. Still trying to organise DJs and celebrants. I found a celebrant i liked but FMILs friend is a celebrant and just getting started. I think it would mean a lot to her to have her friend marry us. So I may go with her (might also get a good deal LOL)
The DJ's...well wasn't impressed with the one FH wanted and the one I wanted, didn't send me the email as promised so I guess I will look into the other 2 I am interested in.
I'd like to get all this sorted before uni goes back....I should get moving I guess! FH is away a lot again so it's all up to me....which I am cool with because he was a major groomzilla at first! ;)

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:06 am

You did your hair go Maddie_Nat??? We wants pic's : )
I ordered my dress!! BUt because it isn't white it's more gold, i think i will have to change the colour of the bridesmaid's dress's from a bright purple to a more deep purple.
What's all the goss girls?

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:52 am

Ktloos...I will post pics asap. It isn't as light as I thought it was going to be. She said it would damage my hair too much if we did it too quick so next time I go, it will be blonde. Because I am a red head (and had also dyed it deep red) she said the copper tones down the bottom will take a few goes. I am really happy with it though! she costs a fortune and I am still trying to justify spending that much money on hair but she is the only person i trust! lol I think I will only get 2 more sets of foils then go back to a deep red.

That is SOOO exciting about your dress! :D It is a beautiful dress and you are going to look stunning in it. I thought you were going a pinky colour for the BMs? you must come over again with your FH just so you can look at my colour chart again...hahaha...oh and to christen the deck! ;)

I got my new veil but i only have pics of me in my dress with it on. I will try to take some of it by itself.
I had a huge weekend. the baby shower. It went off really well but reinforced our decision to cut some of our "friends" off the list. Well FHs "friends". They never make the effort with us so we don't see the point of having some of them there. OH...and they have aready organised how they will get too and from the wedding and one couple has even been to our location to snoop at it! 8O I'd be fine with this if they were genuine people but they never have anything nice to say and always throw knoves in your back as soon as you turn away. lol so they will get a rude shock when they realise half of them have made their plans in vain!
well I had better get to the gym. I have been slacking off! hehe
any more goss girls? it's been quiet in here as of late!

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm so glad the baby shower went well : ) So the deck is all finished? We will def have to come and see and and you will have to come to ours as well.
Are these the rude friends you were telling me about? They sound like knobs hahaha
You hair sounds gorgeous you will def have to post pics.
I was going to have similar colour to your bridesmaids then we went looking and found a really nice purple we liked so will have to see if it will go with the dress. I so cannot wait to get it and see what it looks like when it fits ( they only have a size 10 to try on and they ordered me a size 4!) i hate the way the dress looks on the website it sooo much nicer in real life!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Hello dec ladies! :D
Its been quiet in here!
I hope you all had a wonderful valentines day. FH and I never celebrate it but he suprised me with roses and balloons then we went to sydney for duck noodle soup in china town (we have an addiciton to duck noodle soup and traditional chinese food!there are no decent real chinese places in the coast so we often make trips to china town or chatswood to get a good ducknoodle! lol) so we went into darling harbour. Caught the monorail into chinatown and had dinner then we went to the aquarium! FH NEVER goes to things like that because he thinks it is cruel. So it was a nice spontaneous night. I wore my hot new heels....bad idea. they looked good but by the end of the night. OUCH my feet! lol I wasn't expecting to be walking around the city for hours so i wasn't thinking practial!
Now he is sitting here giving me the poops! I swear he likes to push my buttons at the time of the month when he shouldn't be pushing is bloody luck! :evil:
On a positive note (If I don't kill FH before the event. he is still frickin pushing!) we found a celebrant! :D YAY! Fhs mum has a friend who is a celebrant and we met her on V day. I :heart: HER! she is soooo sweet and lovely. We just clicked! I am so happy!

So now all that I need to get on top of are the cars and DJ. :D

anything else new ladies?

KTLOOS I am so glad you found "the dress" It feels wonderful doesn't it? although I second guess myself every now and then and try my dress back on to fall back in love with it lol.

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi girls, it's been a while since I stuck my head in here! It's been quiet but good to see everyone's plans are coming along well. My biggest piece of news is I bought my dress a couple of weeks ago - I kept thinking about this particular one so decided to take my mum along to see it. I figured if I still liked it, I'd get it and if not I'd keep looking. I didn't want it to turn into some long saga if it didn't have to. Anyway mum and I both got teary when I came out, so that was the sign I needed :D We've booked accommodation and a photographer, decided a colour theme and sent out our save the dates. Today I ordered some stationery samples to start playing with invites, and I found out the celebrant I was planning to book will be in Canberra next weekend at the show so we'll pay our $20 entry fee mostly for the chance to meet her in person before we book. I haven't had any stresses yet, I'm really enjoying this process so far. Talk to me in 9 months and see if I still feel the same way :lol:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm

morethantacos wrote:
Hi girls, it's been a while since I stuck my head in here! It's been quiet but good to see everyone's plans are coming along well. My biggest piece of news is I bought my dress a couple of weeks ago - I kept thinking about this particular one so decided to take my mum along to see it. I figured if I still liked it, I'd get it and if not I'd keep looking. I didn't want it to turn into some long saga if it didn't have to. Anyway mum and I both got teary when I came out, so that was the sign I needed :D We've booked accommodation and a photographer, decided a colour theme and sent out our save the dates. Today I ordered some stationery samples to start playing with invites, and I found out the celebrant I was planning to book will be in Canberra next weekend at the show so we'll pay our $20 entry fee mostly for the chance to meet her in person before we book. I haven't had any stresses yet, I'm really enjoying this process so far. Talk to me in 9 months and see if I still feel the same way :lol:

how exciting! it's all coming together! :D

I get my hair and make up trial done in 2 weeks ladies! Heres hoping it will put my mind at ease and stop the stupid dreams I have been having about my hair and make up! ggrrr

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 am

Good luck at your trial! Don't forget to take pics! I am lucky in that one of my good mates is a qualified makeup artist and will be doing my hair as well - we've been friends since we were 12 so she's been playing with my hair and makeup for a long time! I'm still going to have a trial though, FH hates makeup so we need to make sure to get a look we're both ok with.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 am

my hairdresser is doing my make up too :) she did my hair and make up for my formal and she is a genius! lets just hope she can do what i want! ;)
My mum will be away so my dad has to take photos of it for her lol.
FH will see it so I went blonde to make it look different than the wedding day...I will get blonde one more time i think (to get it really light for a change), then I am heading back to red. I miss being a red head. I was watching private practice last night and was jealous of addisons hair...i was thinking "I want that back!" lol I'm so boring!

What are everyones plans for the weekend?
I am working nights. argh. then sunday (after work) I am off to the bridal expo at linton gardens. I can't wait to see my venue again! hehe

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:53 pm

thats so exciting about your dress morethantacos!! I still have to see this blonde hair MaddieNat :wink:
I'm going to the circus tonight hahaha then i have my friends graduation lunch on Saturday and Sunday i might just relax.
I am getting my teeth whitened next week in Sydney with Zoom whitening ( which i had about 3 years ago which i loved!) so im soo excited about that!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm

ktloos wrote:
thats so exciting about your dress morethantacos!! I still have to see this blonde hair MaddieNat :wink:
I'm going to the circus tonight hahaha then i have my friends graduation lunch on Saturday and Sunday i might just relax.
I am getting my teeth whitened next week in Sydney with Zoom whitening ( which i had about 3 years ago which i loved!) so im soo excited about that!

my facebook profile pic is my new hair colour missy lol. its not blonde blonde. next time it'll be way lighter.
oooh zoom whitening. I need my teeth re done. I was thinking of using bedazzled before the wedding. hmmm :?
hope you are on the mend! :)

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Teeth whitening! Good idea! I'm thinking I should start getting facials, just because :D Went to try my dress on AGAIN today, bit naughty of me but my friend who's doing my hair & makeup is in town and I was due to make another payment anyway. Lucky the ladies were very nice about it and humoured us. I still love it. Also yesterday I think I found my walking down the aisle song. I've listened to it 3 times now and get all teary and tight-chested. FH liked his first listen but says he wants to listen to it a few times before he says yes for sure. But I'm already sure :D Don't think I'll tell anyone what it is - some things need to remain a surprise, yes?

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:21 pm

morethantacos wrote:
Teeth whitening! Good idea! I'm thinking I should start getting facials, just because :D Went to try my dress on AGAIN today, bit naughty of me but my friend who's doing my hair & makeup is in town and I was due to make another payment anyway. Lucky the ladies were very nice about it and humoured us. I still love it. Also yesterday I think I found my walking down the aisle song. I've listened to it 3 times now and get all teary and tight-chested. FH liked his first listen but says he wants to listen to it a few times before he says yes for sure. But I'm already sure :D Don't think I'll tell anyone what it is - some things need to remain a surprise, yes?

ooohh you can share it with us? ;) lol

oooh and about facials! My skin has been TERRIBLE the last few months and I have just been waiting till feb to go back to my dr for other blood tests she wanted to ask her to hit me up with some meds for it. (I was on them about 7 years ago and it fixed up my skin in a couple of weeks!) so she gives me this prescription cream to try first (as well as the prescription for tablets if it didn't work) the cream has retinol in it! woohoo! (retinol gets rid of wrinkles) so my skin is finally clearing up and I am seeing both my pimples disappear and my laugh lines are going with them! I feel like I have had that microderm abrasion or whatever it is called. I only started using it on tuesday night! :D so happy
I still have a few spots but my skin looks more even and is glowing. I just have to wear it at night and use spf15+ in the day :)

Essence

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi ladies, another new person here!!!
My wedding in NYE, so I guess I just count as a December09 bride.
IS anyone else having a NYE wedding?
I'm looking forward to chatting to you all as we get closer to our big days.

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi and welcome Essence! My cousin was married an NYE a few years ago and it was sooo good! Everyone is in the mood to party anyway so why not have all your family and friends in the one place to celebrate your wedding and NYE together : ) and no excuses to forget your wedding anniversery! What have you got planned so far?

Essence

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks Ktloos,
I'm a big fan of him having no excuse to forget the wedding anniversary!!
We were origianlly looking at January (i'm a school teacher so thats the best time for me for holidays) but the dates were already booked last October when we started looking, so our choice was before Christmas, or NYE. I'm hoping it will be a good excuse for everyone to celebrate and have a party. Plus being NYE it takes some of the pressure off our reception, it can be more like a party.
SO far I have a church and reception venue booked, but no priest. I have a florist, a 2 piece band, and maybe photographer booked. Save the dates have been ordered and will be sent out soon.
No idea yet about a dress. I would like green for my bridesmaids. Our reception is in an eco friendly resort in the forest so we're incorporating a bit of a 'green theme, but not going over the top.
Starting to stress now that the wedding is 'this year'. I like it better when it was still 12 months away!!!
Hope your planning is going well... what details do you have in place?

Scout

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:12 am

My partner and I are getting married on New Years Eve....anyone else?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26