Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 am

OK...i just saw Essence's post...duhhhh...so that makes 2 of us haha

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Re: December 2009

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:22 am

welcome to the Dec thread girls. :D
Look forward to hearing about/seeing all your plans coming along.
Gotta skedaddle. Back at uni today...ugghhh :roll:

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Welcome NYE brides! Must say I think that's a fab way to start the new year. Well this weekend we met our celebrant, she was exactly what I was hoping for - warm, friendly and professional. She is very keen on personalising it as much as you want which is great - even if she thinks it's really weird it sounds like she'll be happy to do whatever you want. I don't want to be unusual just for the sake of it but I do want to make sure our ceremony reflects us and feels right to us. So that's one more thing to tick off. I also may have found BM dresses. Next thing I think will be choosing a cake - it's about time FH got involved in something and I think a cake is a job even a boy can get interested in :D

crazychick0709
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi peoples,

hope all your planning is going well..

quick question, are there any other Dec 12 brides to be out there?

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:56 pm

yep there are a few of us 12/12 girls : )

vintage_bride

Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:29 pm

i'm a 19 Dec bride. Doesn't seem to be as popular as 12 Dec though!

So far I have:

ALREADY DONE
Church
reception
dress
BM dresses
FG dress
flowers
cake
cars
photographer
videographer
Hairdresser
makeup artist
rings
my jewelery and veil
DJ
Music
Event decorator

NOT YET DONE
Boys suits
honeymoon (decided the where and when, haven't actually booked yet)
my shoes
FG shoes
Invites
BonBons (handpainted wine glasses... just haven't brought them yet)
First nights accomodation

How i everyone else going

I think thats it....

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:55 am

vintage_bride wrote:
i'm a 19 Dec bride. Doesn't seem to be as popular as 12 Dec though!

So far I have:

ALREADY DONE
Church
reception
dress
BM dresses
FG dress
flowers
cake
cars
photographer
videographer
Hairdresser
makeup artist
rings
my jewelery and veil
DJ
Music
Event decorator

NOT YET DONE
Boys suits
my shoes
FG shoes
Invites
BonBons (handpainted wine glasses... just haven't brought them yet)

I think thats it....

You sound organised! I have still yet to sort out cars and the DJ. I have chosen my florist (a lovely lady from the WC :D) but i have yet to meet with her to discuss flowers. I figured it was a little early hehe. (coming from the girl who planns everything over a year out from the event)

I had my hair and make up trial ladies. Its in my show and tell. I am soooo happy with it. :D yay (Im changing the eye colour though to a mushroom pinky/brown)

I don't know if I mentioned it in here....but i got a second dress :oops: it was very very cheap! So I could sell it for more than i paid for it. tehehehe. Not too sure which one to wear. I will post photos in both and ask for you opinion closer to the date :D

It's been so quiet in here as of late.

ktloos. When do you get your dress??!!

ellejay. where are you up to? how r u feeling?

Hope you are all well ladies. chat soon. (we have under 9 months to go! woohoo!)

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am

Wow you girls are very organised!
Maddie_Nat you bought another dress!!?? show show! (btw your trial was stunning!) I should get mine around August i think ( fingers crossed) We went bridesmaid shopping and Saturday and the dress i really liked the girls didn't love and the one they loved im not 100% sure on but in the end they have to wear it and be comfortable! but i def know what colour its Mr K and called Passion ( there are a few dress's in that colour)
We are prob meeting with a celebrant this week. She is young and funky :D I found the hair i want and my hairdresser is really keen on it and thinks it will work and she does the hair for Fashion week and stuff so i trust her!
I had some shots done with our photographer and she is great just have to book in our engagement shoot. She has an idea of going up to the mountains and at the end do like a trash the dress with me and Scott in the water ( me wearing a long flowing dress etc) so im excited about that! I'll have to get a show and tell started i think its starting to all come together yay!

* just did a quick show and tell viewtopic.php?f=18&t=100975

Butterfly Angel

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Im on the 6th December: ...

ALREADY DONE
Church
reception
photographer
videographer
rings
DJ
Music
Event decorator
hunting around for quotes on flowers / cake

NOT YET DONE
my jewelery and veil
Hairdresser
makeup artist
dress
BM dresses
FG dress
flowers
cake
cars
Boys suits
my shoes
FG shoes
Invites

I think thats it....

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Hello ladies :lol: I'm still here, just been out of sorts lately.. not feeling to well and I'm not sure why. No one seems to know. I had a bit of pain today but nothing as bad as this time last week. I'm back at work, i had 4 days off last week, the rest was good. I don't think my boss was to impressed though because his given me the worst job for the next 4 days :x He can bugger off though! :wink:

Ohhh, I've picked out a cake last week. I'm pretty happy with it. It's going to cost a fair bit but you get that.. right? :?: ($500-600) :e_shhh:

I've also decided to go with my hair dresser for my hair. She knows my style and i just love her work. I'm also in the process of making up some mock invites.

Umm bridesmaid and wedding dress shopping this weekend. Finally both my BM's together in the same place. Ryan is off to Darwin to go Barra fishing so it's a girls weekend!! Yay, i cant wait!!

Maddy, your wedding hair/ makeup looked great. It really suits you sweetie!!

Katie, i peeked at you're show & tell. Your dress looks gorgeous and the hair style would defiantly suit you.

Is it really less than 9 months!! :|

Dang smiley limit!!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:20 pm

love it all ktloos.
BA. you seem organised too! hehe
yes ellejay its under nine months! lol I hope they figure out whats up hun. Sorry my nursing back ground was of no use in figuring out what it may have been lol.
Ive come to a stand still in all honesty. I need to book the dj (I have 3 in mind) and the cars and pick my last BM. I am just too drained. I have had the sh!tt!est 5 days and I am exhausted. feeling very flat at the moment.
going to eat some of my soup I just cooked. It's just me. JD is away again this week but thanks to my work stuffing up my roster (and my day) I am only working friday night.
I am on the paediatric ward from tomorrow for 2 weeks though for prac. :) yay. so excited. I am over getting placements on geri wards. hehe

Essence

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Evening girls,
Sounds like everyone is starting to get organised.
I went dress shopping for the first time with mum on Saturday, just to try a few different styles and see what looked good and what didn't so I would have a better idea of what to look for when I was ready to do some serious dress shopping. Anyway, the first dress i tried on was beautiful, the second dress was horrid, and the third dress was perfect. It was gorgeous, it looked so beautiful on and it was nothing like what I was planning on having. I paid a deposit then and there.
I'm not having second doubts, the dress is stunning and I love, but I'm feeling sad that I don't get to go and try on lots of pretty dresses now.
Next on my list is bridesmaid dresses!!!
Have a great week everyone.

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
love it all ktloos.
yes ellejay its under nine months! lol I hope they figure out whats up hun. Sorry my nursing back ground was of no use in figuring out what it may have been lol.
Ive come to a stand still in all honesty. I need to book the dj (I have 3 in mind) and the cars and pick my last BM. I am just too drained. I have had the sh!tt!est 5 days and I am exhausted. feeling very flat at the moment.
going to eat some of my soup I just cooked. It's just me. JD is away again this week but thanks to my work stuffing up my roster (and my day) I am only working friday night.
I am on the paediatric ward from tomorrow for 2 weeks though for prac. :) yay. so excited. I am over getting placements on geri wards. hehe

Lol geri wards hehe.

I think we have figured out what it was :( i think the pain will stop soon.. it's been 4 weeks this week.

I was so over wedding stuff for ages but the last few weeks i've been slowly getting back into it. It became a bit of a drag at one point. :|

Might be good to take some 'me time' Maddie, get some rest. Drink some tea and relax in your ma's spa :wink: Mmmm i want 'me time' lol

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:48 am

elle_jay wrote:
MaddieNat wrote:
love it all ktloos.

Lol geri wards hehe.

I think we have figured out what it was :( i think the pain will stop soon.. it's been 4 weeks this week.

I was so over wedding stuff for ages but the last few weeks i've been slowly getting back into it. It became a bit of a drag at one point. :|

Might be good to take some 'me time' Maddie, get some rest. Drink some tea and relax in your ma's spa :wink: Mmmm i want 'me time' lol

aaaahh I wish I could have me time. I am on prac and still working and going to uni. this next 4 weeks are going to be packed and stressful!
Hope you are feeling better hun! xoxox
i am going to clean the house to calm my nerves!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello my pretty ladies. How are we all?

I guess it's the right time to tell you all that Ryan & i are now getting married 5/9/09! I'm no longer a Dec bride, I'm now Sept bride :mrgreen: 5 MONTHS 1 WEEK & 6 DAYS!! ZOMGOSH!

It's something we have been thinking about for a while. The last few months have bought some changes for both of us (all good of course) and we have decided that the sooner we do it the better. Oh & I'll save you asking.. no I'm no pregnant!! :lol:

I bought my dress on the weekend & my BM dresses too!! They are just perfect. We also bought some crafty stuff to make a start on our invites. My sisters are keen to make them so I'm pretty happy with that.

So now it's all happening here. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Cheers Lyn xx :heart:

Becksta

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:36 am

Hello Ladies,

Another Dec 09 Bride here :D

Date: 5th Dec 09
Venue: Petersons Champagne House
Guests:80
Cars: Silver classic limosuines
Hair & Makeup: Chic Artistry

Look forward to chatting with you all.. :D

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 pm

hey Becksta! welcome date twin. :D

LYNNIE! WTF? aaahhhh! how could you not tell me this earlier? Are you still haveing Luke as a photographer?
fill me in missy!

Ktloos. I will message you later regarding a piper :)

poppi

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey ladies!

I'm new to the forum, but am getting married on the 5th of December this year- so I guess this is where I belong! :D

As a bit of an introduction, I'm trying to organise a wedding that looks 100% for as little money as possible (although I know our budget isn't all that small, $18 000- hopefully open to reduction), our guest list sits around 150 (also hopefully to be reduced to help with budget) and my relationship with my fiance is long distance so I'm the sole organiser! I like things to be a bit original (eg: my engagement ring is a pearl) and love to be in control.

Looking forward to sharing these exciting times with you girls :heart:

P

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 pm

welcome poppi!
Another 5/12/09 bride! :D i am getting married on the same date....and organising the wedding myself because FH is always away! although he his home all week this week :) yay for me. I have done most of the organising after he started out as a groomzilla!
We are having 150 people too. It was a struggle to find somewhere that would cater for and hold that many people!

Nothing new here to add ladies.
we have been quiet in here as of late.

poppi

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Yay! It still feels such a long way away...

Hopefully I can keep the date, it will depend on being able to book a reception venue. I had it all booked and organised but it burnt down in the recent Victorian Bushfires. It was beautiful and it even had enough space for all our guests we wanted! Still seeking and alternative that is big enough and in the area (Horsham).

I really don't want to go through the agony of finding another date that suits everyone!

P
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24