A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2009

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:44 pm

welcome!! wow there are a few 5th December girls now very popular :)
I hope you find a new reception place poppi thats really sad about your other one, but at least your ok :D
elle_jay that sad that you won;t be a December bride anymore but you don't have to wait as long now, you lucky thing!
I met with a celebrant on Friday and she was great! Young and funky just what i wanted! Also went bridesmaid shopping again and now im thinking of having 3 different dress's all the same colour.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:28 pm

hey ladies.
Just letting you all know I wont be hanging around WC anymore.
I'll pop my head in to see how you girls are doing but after todays events this is not the place for me. I am over at easy weddings so I might see you there.
I feel andrew has violated us all and I don't want to be part of anything he could sell of to the newspaper again.
I have some of you on FB but for those who I don't, good luck with your weddings. :)
I'll pop in and snoop for your photos ;)

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm

aww Maddie_Nat its very sad to see you go :( It's because of this forum that we have met and im very glad we did :D you better keep me updated on your wedding plans by other means! P.S still havn't seen your "other" dress!

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:29 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
hey ladies.
Just letting you all know I wont be hanging around WC anymore.
I'll pop my head in to see how you girls are doing but after todays events this is not the place for me. I am over at easy weddings so I might see you there.
I feel andrew has violated us all and I don't want to be part of anything he could sell of to the newspaper again.
I have some of you on FB but for those who I don't, good luck with your weddings. :)
I'll pop in and snoop for your photos ;)

I'm feeling the same way, such a shame as this used to be a nice forum. I'm not sure if I will be at EW, after watching my sister at her beautiful wedding on the weekend after she consulted exactly 0 forums, it reminded me that this is not what weddings are about! I wish everyone the best of luck with organising your big days, and of course with what comes afterwards (which is what really matters) :D

poppi

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey Girls, mind if I have a bit of a sook?

My venue burnt down in the recent bushfires (as I mentioned earlier) and nothing else is right. Our old venue was beautiful, affordable, we knew the chefs were amazing... and everything else kinda sucks. I'm in country Victoria so there aren't a lot of choices and because there are a lot of other girls in my situation time is running out (not to mention the weekends are booking up fast).

I think I have it down to two options;

A: a beautiful new building, too small (need to cut about 30 guests), a bit of a drive out of town, very expensive and terrible drinks package- but BEAUTIFUL

B: a once beautiful building that is now tired, a bit dark and a bit daggy. Very reasonable prices and we had a meal there tonight and it was lovely.

Sigh. Plus everyone is trying really hard to be practical and I just want someone to say 'we just want you to be happy.' 'what would you like?' Some sympathy I guess.

Here endeth my whinge. Thanks for listening.

Px

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Thats so sad poppi! Have you made a decison on what to do?
Welcome Tamryn! Im also a 12/12 bride :D Time is going so quickly. How exciting that you get not 1 but 2 ceremony's! What have you got planned so far?

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am

I'm getting married on the 19th of December... A little scary that there's just under 7 months to go.
I feel like I'm quite behind... I wanted to have everything done by April so I could think about it a little less through the busy work season (usually June - November for me)... but sadly, it hasn't happened that way.

Anyway, here's what I've done so far:
My Dress
BM dresses & shoes
G & GM Suits
FG's dress
PB's suit
Reception Venue
Church Venue (kind of. We've booked 2, need to just go with the one we want!)
Cake
Hairdresser and MUA
Flowers (spoken to florist, agreed on price, yet to finalise flowers)
Centerpieces
Video/photographer
Honeymoon
Guestlists

Off the top of my head, I still need to organise invitations...and do the kind of things that can only be done after they come, right?

Sorry Cupcake - I'm not getting a celebrant (our minister is doing the wedding), so I'm not really sure... I can give you some recommendations, though:

My videographer is Harry @ Splashmedia http://www.splashweddings.com.au//. Harry also manages a band, Soul Ground, http://www.splashmediaproductions.com/soulground/index.html, who are awesome, but FH didn't want a jazz band. They've done a few of my friends weddings (maybe 4 in the last year?), so we wanted to go something a little different.
My Florist is Donnaflorist http://www.donnaflorist.com.au/ - check out her wedding package - it's so well priced!

Hope that helps!

janetburgman
JB
JB

Fri May 22, 2009 9:01 am

So many exciting posts! Good luck Dec 09 brides!

rahrah

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 pm

December brides where are you off to for your honeymoon??

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 am

edit.. posted in wrong spot :lol:
Last edited by elle_jay on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:08 am

We're off to NZ for a week, back to Sydney for Christmas, and then hopefully up to Batemans Bay where the sunshines and the beaches sparkle!

electriclight

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 pm

I was Feb 20 2010 but just changed it to Dec 5 2009

geez i dont have alot of time 8O

Essence

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Is anyone else getting worried now that it is AUGUST!!!!!!
Hope everyone's plans are going well.

Smee
I survived and got married

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Yes, getting worried now! I'm freaking out trying to pick and order cakes, flowers, DJ, hairdresser etc. I seem to do all my planning in hyperactive bursts - we got engaged, then went frantic about finding a reception place and dress, then had a lull for a good month and a half and now I'm realising how much else needs to be done!
We're getting married Dec 4th at St Peter's Presbyterian in North Sydney, then reception at Middle Harbour Yacht Club in Mosman.

Best thing about December wedding = long holidays afterwards to settle in together as newlyweds
Worst thing about December wedding = flowers! I adore tulips but am having a lot of trouble finding a florist willing or able to do high quality fakes.

We're honeymooning for 5 nights in daydream island, then 12 nights in NZ.

What planning tasks have people still got to go?
Done: photographer, dress, venues, minister, guys' suits, chosen song for 1st dance (we're taking lessons atm), flights for honeymoon, 1st half of accommodation, rental car for 2nd half, hotel booked for 1st two nights before honeymoon
Still to go: turning fabric into bridesmaid's dresses (a BM is doing this), making veil (my Mum is doing this), cake, flowers, hairdresser, makeup, DJ, picking bible readings and songs for the service, centrepieces at the reception, choosing menu, my shoes, BM shoes, guys' shoes (they'll do that), guys' ties and shirts, jewellery, band for ceremony, accommodation for 2nd half of honeymoon, cars to ceremony, water limo to reception

Essence

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Smee!
There isn't a lot of action on this board!
I'm a bit like you like, I get all enthusiastic for a while, then dont want to do anything for a month or so. Now i'm getting worried. I have a florist booked, but not really sure what flowers I want, I have a hairdresses booked but not sure what I want, I have a cakemaker, but don't know what kind of cake I want, it just goes on.

We do have cars booked, church booked, priest organised, i have a dress, my bridesmaids have dresses, boys don't have suits, don't have readings or songs, don't have shoes or a veil, aargh so much still to do!!
In the next fortnight I plan on finishing my invitations, making labels for our wine bottle bonbons, having a go at making a veil. My list of things to do keeps getting longer not shorter!

Good luck with all your planning!

Smee

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

How ridiculous are veil prices??! My Mum is making mine because she did a practice go with some crappy netting in about 3hrs (with a BRIGHT RED hair clip and purple thread to edge it, so that'll be fun to wear at the hen's night!), then tried different types of edging - found one I reeeeally like that isn't available in shops. It's likely to take her about half a day to do a good quality one, we bought the net material stuff (much better quality this time) and it cost $12, the edging cost $2, the hair clip cost $2 for a 3 pack... And the shop we bought the dress from is selling them at $300 8O

Anyway, end that rant. I was updating to say that I've now picked a cake place, cake style, car company and DJ - the DJ is the only one 'officially' booked, but the others will be sorted within the next few weeks, so I'm feeling slightly better. Also talking to florists next week and making invitations this Saturday arvo - the dressmaker BM is coming over in the morning to work on the dresses, which will take her a good few weeks probably up until the week or two before the wedding, but at least I know that's started and coming along.

Feeling a little less stressed... How are you guys all going, knowing that there's now THREE MONTHS TO GO :D ?

maxp

Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 am

Hey
I thought I would come join this topic as I am getting married in Victoria on Dec 12th. Seeing your tickers had made me realise how close it is! My done/ to do list:

Done:
Plane tickets
Dress
Shoes
Suits for FH and GM
Reception/Cememony location
Booked Celebrant, music, florist, MUA and cake
Accomodation under control
Invitations done and sent

To do
- rings
- Boys shirts/ties
- BM dresses (we are ordering this week)
- Choose music
- Veil etc
- Organise hairdresser
- Print reception program (seating plans etc)
- Finalise centerpieces

I am sure there are a million more little things so suggestions are welcomed. I am organising long-distance (OS) and have come onto this board for more 'local' advice. Have not even seen to reception venue so am placing my trust in my mother!

Smee

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 am

This thread seems a little bit neglected, but FH reminded me that today marks 50 days to go! Thought I'd share that with some people who are similarly close to their big day :)
What do people have left to plan?

And I was wondering... what are people doing for Christmas? We're all getting married close to Chrissy, who is honeymooning over Christmas and who is coming home? Anyone getting married ON Christmas day?

Bananna

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi Girls

anyone know where to find the long range weather forecast? I can't see it on the Bureau of Meteorology site. any ideas?

We're set for 12 December in Melbourne.

cheers

nicoleneal88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I thought you could only do month only ones?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04