A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Re: December 2009

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Hey Ladies

FH &I are getting married on the 19th of December, we were orginally getting married on May 1st next year. But due to family issues we've pushed it through to a much earlier date and are only having close family and friends all up about 30. We're getting married on Magnetic Island on the beach.
I'm pretty much got everything organised can't believe how close it is. Can't wait :D :heart:

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:08 pm

mrslittle wrote:
Hey Ladies

FH &I are getting married on the 19th of December, we were orginally getting married on May 1st next year. But due to family issues we've pushed it through to a much earlier date and are only having close family and friends all up about 30. We're getting married on Magnetic Island on the beach.
I'm pretty much got everything organised can't believe how close it is. Can't wait :D :heart:

Woo! Wedding twins!

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 pm

sylvatin wrote:
Woo! Wedding twins!

Oh my goodness 33 days, have you got everything organised>?

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Almost :) we just have table arrangements, bonbonniere and menus (printing) to organise...

bridesmum
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:47 am

Just wanted to give a warning if there are any Dec brides getting married at Werribee Mansion. D is getting married there this sun and just went out to finalise things and when she got out there , 1 found out she wasn't booked where she said she wanted 12 months ago in the Parterre formal Garden also the Gardener has pulled out all the flowers last week and put in tiny seedlings. So 2 days out we have to find another spot, so mad :evil: They mentioned there was another wedding booked for that spot in 2 weeks so that poor girl is going to get the same shock as D did

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:03 am

One month from today until FH & I tie the knot! YAY :bdance:

Smee
I survived and got married

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Yay, Mrs L!
I've got 2 weeks and 1 day left =S
So much left to do, but so excited!!!

28 Day forecast says its going to rain

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 pm

WOW 2 weeks will go fast smee, I'm sure the weather will turn out perfect. What else do you still need to organise or purchase?

Its so hot and muggy up here (nothing unusual for this time of year), but its making me freak out a bit, hopefully I won't sweat my make up off :lol: I just took my dress in and getting it altered. I'm getting the back zip changed to a lace up back as the dress is still a little to firm around my bust area :oops: . But I'm really happy about the lace up back, I always wanted that :). This weekend we are getting our boys suit and shoes and a few little gifts for the bridal party - SUPER EXCITING :heart:

Smee

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Still have to make placecards and OOS, my sister is doing up a seating plan as I type =D
I pick up my dress next Tuesday, yay!
Bridesmaids dresses still aren't finished....
I also have to organise a rehearsal for the church musos, be in contact with the DJ for the reception and send him the list of music, do up a run sheet for my brother (the MC), organise a suit for my cousin who is flying over from England the day before, have my hen's and champagne brunch (fortunately the BMs and my mum are organising all of that, I just have to turn up). I have to buy white fabric and fairy lights for draping at the reception, buy a soccer ball for our cake topper, cover the guest book, pay a bunch of people, meet with the photographer, have the rehearsal, buy presents for our parents and make thank-you cards for all the people involved (people who made jewellery, decorated the reception venue, served afternoon tea etc), and plan food for our afternoon tea to be held after the ceremony.

Wow, it looks even worse now that its all written down... and I won't finish work until next Friday! Plus FH has just moved into our new apartment, so we're trying to unpack stuff and move stuff etc whenever there's a spare moment. Busy busy busy! But so exciting!

It's getting really close now for all us December gals - how much do people have left to do?

Katie86

Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 pm

I am getting married next weekend :D I've woken up with tonsilitis this morning though so pumping antibiotics and panadol so I get better quick!!

Can't believe how fast everything has come around. I'm glad we got most of our stuff done in the past couple of months and hopefully when we finish work on Friday we can relax.

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am

Yikes Katie86, that sucks being so close to the wedding. But having medicine now will surely clear you up before your big day. Apart from being crook, how are you feeling?

Smee

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Hiya Katie86,
That sucks :( But you've still got time to get better, just make sure you get lots of rest and try to delegate so you aren't stressed! I'm getting married the day before you (next Friday - yipes!) and cannot WAIT to finish work tomorrow so that I can get some much-needed sleep and finalise all the bits and pieces.
Close now for all the December gals - how is everyone coping?

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Everyone on here has been quiet, just popping in to say hi and how is everyone feeling. Only got 9 days until our big day. I;'m so excited. I've got to get my 'fat' pants tonight :lol: than I'll be ready for my beauty appointments and Hens night next week. I can't wait.

ladybug777

Fri May 14, 2010 4:56 pm

RE: cupcake888

I recommend Silks Catering for a chinese caterer, my best friend's brother is living in London and is organising his wedding via Silks, who is doing everything for him for FREE. They have really authentic chinese food (ie: lobsters etc, shark fin soup) and they won some award for best service or something...

hope this helps!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12