A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2009

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Oh wow, this thread has been so quite the few weeks, so happy to see it pick up again :lol: Dang xmas & being crazy busy!!

Ktloo, i looked @ Renee and whilst her pics are amazing her price was heaps more than we wanted to spend. For the same price we could have had Luke Gow - and he is the best on offer in Newcastle. Oh & you need to start planning woman! Gosh, i cant wait to see what you come up with lol. :mrgreen: Do you have any ideas or plans or anything? I'm just starting to look in colors and designs at the moment, i think I'm trying to come up with a theme.

morethantacos welcome, your name makes me laugh ... mmmm tacos!! :P Welcome!!

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 am

elle_jay i know i know! I thought i would know exactly what i wanted but now i have no idea! I think because it seems so far away i find it hard to plan IYKWIM i think once it's 09 and i can say our wedding is this year it might kick my little bum into gear! I might have a look at luke gow, i dont mind the price as long as i know im getting great photos :)( anyone know roughly how much?) I'm also thinking D&V photography i had some shots done with them when they first started portraits and my friend was the make up artist, ( im still on there website 3 years later lol) and they turned out great. Is anyone getting a theres filmed?

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

ktloos wrote:
Is anyone getting a theres filmed?

Nah. We have about 5 video cameras so mum is doing it (we will just set up cameras around and she will edit it (she has done weddings before :D)

Now missy, i will come and kick your butt into gear! lol this yr will fly by.

OK so I am off to stalk you on their web page hahahaha

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:29 pm

hahaha good i dare you to come and kick my butt into gear :) Have fun stalking me its in the portriats then glamour/pregnancy section.
Totally nothing to do with weddings but i just found a gorgeous pair of sunglasses but they are $470! is it worth it do you reakon? I've never paid nearly that much for sunglasses but i spose i would use them nearly everyday....... hmmm

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:21 pm

ktloos wrote:
hahaha good i dare you to come and kick my butt into gear :) Have fun stalking me its in the portriats then glamour/pregnancy section.
Totally nothing to do with weddings but i just found a gorgeous pair of sunglasses but they are $470! is it worth it do you reakon? I've never paid nearly that much for sunglasses but i spose i would use them nearly everyday....... hmmm

You are hawt!You will make a stunning bride. :D

I think since they have had yr pics up for yrs you should ask them for a discount :lol:

I have heard that Luke Gow is quite flexible with his packages, His pics are great.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Shazam little minx! hehe nice piccies.
I wouldn't get the sunnies personally...because i always lose them or break them LMAO i am hopeless with sunnies! The most I have spent was 120 on CK sunnies...i lost them...about 2 yrs after i got them so I did ok with those ones :D

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:43 pm

hahaha i should sooo get a discount beacuse i was walking through Charlestwon square one day minding my own business and bam in front of me was a 2 MASSIVE pic's of myself in the middle of centre court!! No one told me i would be used for advertising or for anything in fact other then to get a few trial shots for when they start doing glamour photographer!
Hmmm maybe i'll think about the sunnies i would prob lose them :)
So girlies have you choosen your bridal walz song? Its the only think i know im definitly having and that eva cassidy "song bird"

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:56 pm

We are having "I'll be the greatest fan of your life" (I think thats what it's called)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJpKA6Bj ... re=related

Then we ar doing the dirty dancing dance! :)

Father daughter dance will be I loved her first.....this is when my make up will be completely washed away with tears! (as if it wont be already. bloody sook I am!)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-TnL5dLHEGs

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:09 pm

OMG OMG OMG MaddieNat that was going to be our song its called I'll be and its be edwin mccain originally!!! and that father daughter dance is beautiful :heart:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:17 pm

ktloos wrote:
OMG OMG OMG MaddieNat that was going to be our song

well that doesn't suprise me! lol que the spooky music! LOL
I love the father daughter song...dad wants something else. though..so we are trying to come to a compromise!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:06 pm

My dad died a few yrs ago now so no father daughter dance here :| Infact i hadnt even thought about it until now..

I have no idea what song we'll have for the bridal waltz :lol: Gosh, wait until i suggest to FH that he has to dance IN FRONT OF EVERYONE 8O I think i'll put a request into the dj to ask everyone else to join us soon after we hit the dance floor, hehehe :P

Oh gosh now i have to think of a song.. *googles*

I'll come back with some songs i like soon.

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:07 pm

ktloos wrote:
OMG OMG OMG MaddieNat that was going to be our song its called I'll be and its be edwin mccain originally!!! and that father daughter dance is beautiful :heart:

Ohh i love that song, have you heard the Dean Geyers version? It always makes me cry, gahh im crying NOW!!!! :e_doh:

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

elle_jay wrote:
My dad died a few yrs ago now so no father daughter dance here :| Infact i hadnt even thought about it until now..

And Natty had to go put her big foot in her mouth. :(

There are mother daughter songs ;) you could do one of those??

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:13 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
elle_jay wrote:

And Natty had to go put her big foot in her mouth. :(

There are mother daughter songs ;) you could do one of those??

Your right hun, its that song. I love it!! :oops:

Wait a go Lyn, just kill the thread :roll:

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

oh elle_jay im so sorry. I'm thinking about not having a Father daughter dance. I'm trying to remember if dad had one with my sister. i think Fh will be the first one on the dance floor. ( i put on our wedding song the other night and he was sitting on the lounge and got up and said would you like to dance haha he's too cute)
I love the Dean's version too!
Tommorow its 365 days till we get married woo hoo! I think its finally starting to sink in that im getting married.
Just adding a little rant in here. FSIL asked FH the other day if he felt "pressured into asking me to marry him because everyone else was doing it" and then she said " you still don't have to go through with it" Firstly im the first out of all our friends to get married and secondly its was HIS choice and no i didnt pressure him into it either i had NO idea he was going to propose, we had always joked we would be 50 when we get married! grrrrr she annoys me so much and makes me feel like crap. and to top it off i have to work with her ( she is at another store but is always ringing here and calling in) We thinking she is jelous because she is the middle child and it should have been her getting married next not us.

Ok Rant over

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 pm

ktloos wrote:
FSIL asked FH the other day if he felt "pressured into asking me to marry him because everyone else was doing it" and then she said " you still don't have to go through with it" Firstly im the first out of all our friends to get married and secondly its was HIS choice and no i didnt pressure him into it either i had NO idea he was going to propose, we had always joked we would be 50 when we get married! grrrrr she annoys me so much and makes me feel like crap. and to top it off i have to work with her ( she is at another store but is always ringing here and calling in) We thinking she is jelous because she is the middle child and it should have been her getting married next not us.

Ok Rant over

Well she sounds like a gem! 8O want me to come poke her in the eye? ;) lol
Don't worry about her babe. She is probably, as you said a wee bit jel because she is not next in line to get hitched!

Did I mention my suprise for FH? He asked for bagpipes, and I said flat out no (I hate them) but he has scottish herritage. ANYWAYS. The bagpiper is booked and ready to go to play for FH before I arrive to the ceremony! :D (my mother has also always dreamed of having a bag piper play at my wedding for some reason too!) Can't wait to see his face (on video) when the dude appears from nowhere and starts playing. We are going to ask one of FHs friends to play acoustic guitar and sing while everyone is arriving so I will have to work it in with him too....so he doesn't get too shocked when he gets interrupted. ;)
The suprise was almost ruined when FH found the guys name and number in my bag! 8O oops!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:00 pm

ktloos wrote:
oh elle_jay im so sorry. I'm thinking about not having a Father daughter dance. I'm trying to remember if dad had one with my sister. i think Fh will be the first one on the dance floor. ( i put on our wedding song the other night and he was sitting on the lounge and got up and said would you like to dance haha he's too cute)
I love the Dean's version too!
Tommorow its 365 days till we get married woo hoo! I think its finally starting to sink in that im getting married.
Just adding a little rant in here. FSIL asked FH the other day if he felt "pressured into asking me to marry him because everyone else was doing it" and then she said " you still don't have to go through with it" Firstly im the first out of all our friends to get married and secondly its was HIS choice and no i didnt pressure him into it either i had NO idea he was going to propose, we had always joked we would be 50 when we get married! grrrrr she annoys me so much and makes me feel like crap. and to top it off i have to work with her ( she is at another store but is always ringing here and calling in) We thinking she is jelous because she is the middle child and it should have been her getting married next not us.

Ok Rant over

Oh wow, what a rude piece of work!! :? What was she expecting you're to FH say?! 8O Talk about out of line..

Dont let her get you down, thats prob what she wants.. little so & so!! :x

Natty, your surprise sounds beautiful!I cant wait to see pictures of the look on his face :mrgreen:

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks girls, it makes me feel better. I really don;t get along with her ( no one does really haha)
8O OK this is just getting toooooooooo freaky. i am having bagpipes too!!!! I love them and it will be a surprise to everyone ( except FH and my mum) We are getting married onto of a hill looking over the beach so its going to sound gorgeous :)
where did you find one and can i ask how much is cost??

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:05 am

KTloos it's our one-year pre-anniversary today!!! I am choosing not to take this rubbish weather we've got in Canberra today as an omen :D

Had a slightly odd wedding-related experience yesterday when I had lunch with my mum and she said her and dad had discussed wedding contributions (my sister is getting married in April) and had agreed on the amount. She told me what it was and I said oh that's very generous, how lovely, you didn't have to, it's really appreciated, etc. etc. Then I realised the cafe was super noisy and I wasn't 100% sure what the amount was. By then though I felt it was too late to ask her to repeat it. We're not a family that openly discusses money so it might have been awkward. When I got back to work I wrote my sister an email and asked "Did she say 'a thousand' or 'eight thousand'?" My sister wrote back and said "8 thousand!! Either that or they love me way more than you." Nice :lol:

Either amount would have been more than welcome, but there is a pretty big difference between the two! We've planned a wedding we can afford but that gives us a bit more breathing room so I'm now confident we'll be able to get the photographer we want and hopefully will have more spending money for the honeymoon.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am

ktloos wrote:
8O OK this is just getting toooooooooo freaky. i am having bagpipes too!!!! I love them and it will be a surprise to everyone ( except FH and my mum) We are getting married onto of a hill looking over the beach so its going to sound gorgeous :)
where did you find one and can i ask how much is cost??

This doesn't suprise me at all LOL freaky coincidences keep happening with us! We are not the only ones though! Elle_jay and I were chatting and worked out her aunt lives like 4 doors up from me! 8O
I have to do a bit of cleaning (OK so a LOT. got to clean out the office lol) but tonight when I go to mum and dads b4 work I will shoot you some emails with the bag pipers names. I just deleted all the numbers out of my ph so JD couldn't find them (note JD=FH LOL ooops..i am used to typing his nickname, which is JD) so I will look them up again. Douglas is charging $200...another guy I just heard back from was going to charge $300, but he also only just got back to me and I emailed him like 3 or 4 weeks ago! I will look into it for you. :)

morethantacos wrote:
KTloos it's our one-year pre-anniversary today!!! I am choosing not to take this rubbish weather we've got in Canberra today as an omen :D

WOOHOO! yay! congrats! how exciting! one yr to go! when you wake up tomorrow you will be like... "I have UNDER a yr to go" lol
Gotta love the parentals helping out with the money. takes the stress off a tad. Mum and dad are helping us out, as so are Jds olds.

What crappy weather today! Here's hoping this time next yr it wont be raining, just a little bit of cloud cover (great for photos)
off to clean the office I go.

OH my Bms are at it again....thats a story for another day though. argh. women! lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11