A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2009

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 am

OMG our ticker says 12months! My friend woke me up at 6am this morning to remind me hehehe she's so cute :) I was talking to my FMIL ( who also happens to be my boss) And i was like it's one yr today till we get married and she said "ohh no my baby is getting married"
Thanks heaps for the MaddieNat i thinks thats one thikng im sooo excited about is the bagpipes! I will be a blubbering mess im sure. I downloaded some bagpipes and i cry listening to that!
Sorry that your Bridesmaids are being brats! I have decided to ask a friend of mine to be a Bridesmaid and i want to do it in a cool way. Honeslty is this a bad idea. i was going to change my facebook status to "kate is wondering if (insert name) will be her BRIDESMAID" or should i do it in person? I want honest responces lol

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:52 am

i think it is a cute idea asking her like that!
One of my BMs (one that is not causing trouble) I was chatting to her on msn and I said "so what are you doing on the 5/12/09?" and she was like "umm nothing. how come?" and I said "I was wondering if you would like to put on a pretty frock that will match 3 other girls and sit on the special table with me on my wedding day" some people may think its tacky but she lives in melb and we hardly get to talk...plus I was wya over on my ph usage for the month! lol she was so happy... Id been talking about BMs and the wedding since i got engaged and hadn't yet asked her so i think she thought she was not going to get asked...but asfter the drama with the other 2 i wasn't game to ask anyone else...I still haven't asked the fourth. :?

I will be a blubbering mess on my wedding day. I listen to my aisle song and get teary lol but soooo excited!
I am having only hope. by mandy moore...It was a toss up between this or speechless by the veronicas.. hmmm
I think I made the right choice. Its a little more romantic with the instrumentals hehe
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rHkXh2gQv9g

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:09 pm

the facebook thing is kind of cute but I can foresee a couple of minor problems :D First if I saw that I would wonder if I'd missed an email or phone message from you asking me personally. Secondly I wonder if it would bother your friend that other people would know about her being a BM before her, e.g. if her sister saw it and sent her a message saying "hey that's so cool you're going to be a BM!" and she has no idea. I asked my non-location bridal party members over the phone and that seemed personal and special enough. If you want to use facebook what about sending your friend a gift like flowers or champagne and adding "will you be my BM" as a message with it?

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm

My ticker just freaked out like i am lol so i had to get a new one :)
Very good point morethantacos..... if i do it i might send her a sms telling her to go on facebook right now and cheak out my status.

vintage_bride

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 pm

I am new to this forum, not so new to the wedding planning thing though.

We are getting married on the 19th Dec 09.

So far we've booked:

Venue: Lachlan's at Old Government House Parramatta.
Photographer: Art photo by Kira
Videographer: Abraham Joffe
My Dress: A Maggie Sottero dress from Bridal Secrets in Parramatta
FlowerGirl Dress: Childrens shop in Winston Hills
Cake: Cake Art- Rouse Hill

We've also decided on invites, rings, my hairstyle, bonbons, cars, blah blah blah

Virtually all i have left to sort out is

bridesmaid dresses
flowers
m/u artist
boys suits

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:59 pm

welcome! sounds like you are organised! :)
So how are you having your hair? hehe

OH god. I just remembered a dream I had today (I am on nights this weekend)...my mum is making our invites and I dreamt they were these hideous collage of scrap bits of paper! 8O now I am not the type of girl who is really fussed over invites (I just can't justify spending a lot of money on a bit of paper that ends up in the trash can!) but these were horrible! lol oh dear!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 pm

vintage_bride wrote:
I am new to this forum, not so new to the wedding planning thing though.

We are getting married on the 19th Dec 09.

So far we've booked:

Venue: Lachlan's at Old Government House Parramatta.
Photographer: Art photo by Kira
Videographer: Abraham Joffe
My Dress: A Maggie Sottero dress from Bridal Secrets in Parramatta
FlowerGirl Dress: Childrens shop in Winston Hills
Cake: Cake Art- Rouse Hill

We've also decided on invites, rings, my hairstyle, bonbons, cars, blah blah blah

Virtually all i have left to sort out is

bridesmaid dresses
flowers
m/u artist
boys suits

Thats my date, thats my date!! Finally someone else with a xmas wedding!! :mrgreen: Welcome!!

vintage_bride

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:34 pm

YAY! you're the 3rd person I know getting hitched on the 19th then! (the other person is a sore point.... an acquaintance stole our wedding date....)

I'm having my hair up, but not all piled on top of my head, something low. My hair won't hold a curl, so it will be more structured rather than the curly messy bun look.

Ewwww.... scrap paper invites sound awful! have you picked your actual invites yet?

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:41 am

Welcome vintage, you sound super organised! I am hoping to start dress shopping over the Christmas break and that should help narrow down some of my options. Next Saturday we're also meeting the person I hope will be our photographer. I think I've chosen our celebrant too but I need to call her first on speaker phone so FH has the chance to have a talk to her. I love that we're getting married in the Snowy but it's not the most convenient of locations. Weather stayed awful over the whole weekend, I tried not to think about it too much!

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Welcome Vintage_Bride!! You are very organised well done :)
Elle_Jay did you end up getting your deposit back at Noah's?

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm

ktloos wrote:
Welcome Vintage_Bride!! You are very organised well done :)
Elle_Jay did you end up getting your deposit back at Noah's?

Ry hasn't called them yet, his taking Friday off work to catch up on a few things so he'll see it to hopefully :|

I seem to have done all the big things now i just have to sit back & look at the finer details.. I'm hoping Santa brings me that awesome printer/scanner/copier for xmas so i can make up some mock invites during the holidays. :mrgreen:

vintage_bride

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks! I have to be organised, out of the 12 months left till the wedding, i only have 6 to plan as I am finishing my masters degree, which consumes all my time! So while it's uni holidays, wedding planning is full steam ahead!

i'm hopefully crossing the m/u artist off my to-do list as well on NYE. My FSIL knows the lady who owns skin fitness at Richmond so i'll be talking to her at FSIL's NYE (whoa... acronym overload there!)party.

Oh, And i've found pics of the kind of flowers I want, I'm calling a florist tomorrow!

I'm getting so excited!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 am

vintage_bride wrote:
Thanks! I have to be organised, out of the 12 months left till the wedding, i only have 6 to plan as I am finishing my masters degree, which consumes all my time! So while it's uni holidays, wedding planning is full steam ahead!

i'm hopefully crossing the m/u artist off my to-do list as well on NYE. My FSIL knows the lady who owns skin fitness at Richmond so i'll be talking to her at FSIL's NYE (whoa... acronym overload there!)party.

Oh, And i've found pics of the kind of flowers I want, I'm calling a florist tomorrow!

I'm getting so excited!

Oh i went to school with her sister 8O Did you live in the Hawkesbury?

I would have loved to have our wedding at the Sebel resort and spa but it was to far for some people to travel so we stuck with the hunter.

Our wedding is just under a yr away now. We went on a dinner cruise last around Nelson Bay, we has such a great time!! I would defintly recommend it. We are even thinking about having a combined bucks and hens night and hiring out the whole boat :mrgreen: It was somewhat of a cold and windy night but we still had a top night, talking, dancing and chatting about how tonight is our -2 yr wedding anniversary!! During the night i kept saying "Oh this time next yr we'll be cutting the cake... dancing... probably be so drunk and we'll be dancing like crazy people" :e_doh:

Ohhhhh, I have been looking at Florists this week, our wedding tables centerpieces have fresh roses on them so i think we'll go with the same florist to ensure the style and colors match our stuff.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:00 pm

elle_jay wrote:
We went on a dinner cruise last around Nelson Bay, we has such a great time!!

8O I was in Nbay all last week and sat! we played lawn bowls LOL i was thinking of you when I was there because we both love NB. I am having my hens weekend there! I love it there. was so nice to see FH for a full week and actually sleep next to each other and sleep normal hrs (for those who don't know, I am a nurse (work nights) and uni student and FH travels a lot so we have hardly seen each other the last 2 months!)
Will post more when I have a spare moment. just snuck on for a peek! better get back to the housework and deck construction! lol

vintage_bride

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:15 am

No, FH grew up in the hawkesbury.

i think FSIL met Linda at school as well, Bede Polding? If you met her sister there, chances are you probably know some of my FIL's as well!

Totally weird!

elle_jay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:20 pm

MaddieNat wrote:
elle_jay wrote:
We went on a dinner cruise last around Nelson Bay, we has such a great time!!

8O I was in Nbay all last week and sat! we played lawn bowls LOL i was thinking of you when I was there because we both love NB. I am having my hens weekend there! I love it there. was so nice to see FH for a full week and actually sleep next to each other and sleep normal hrs (for those who don't know, I am a nurse (work nights) and uni student and FH travels a lot so we have hardly seen each other the last 2 months!)
Will post more when I have a spare moment. just snuck on for a peek! better get back to the housework and deck construction! lol

Oh yes, we love the bay :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas girls!!! Hope you have a great time with yr FH's & your family's!! :heart:

vintage_bride wrote:
No, FH grew up in the hawkesbury.

i think FSIL met Linda at school as well, Bede Polding? If you met her sister there, chances are you probably know some of my FIL's as well!

Totally weird!

I grew up there & went to Richmond & Windsor high. Small world hey 8O

Sallly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:59 pm

I met my sweetheart at a friends party. I approach him, and asked him out!

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey laides! it has been quiet around here as of late! Hope everyone had a fantastic christmas and great NYE...just think, this time next yr we will all be hitched!

Just thought I would add a few minor updates.
I am getting a new veil! cathedral length :D I have a beautiful elbow length veil with crystals on it but really want the elegance of the cathedral length.

I also just ordered my hair extensions for the wedding and booked my hair and make up trial for the 7/3/09! We are going to a friends wedding and seems as though I have my dress I figure I spend the money on my trial and actually get to use it! Thing is, I am going blonde! To make it very different for my own wedding day.(As FH will see the trial) Bit scary seems as though I have never ventured away fro my natural red hair completely! (foils here and there but NEVER all covered up!) my hairdresser tells me she can re dye my hair red and the extentions too. I am getting the extentions for extra volume as I am having a chignon.

Thats it so far I think. not much else is new. i still need to book a celebrant and dj but need to find a time where FH and I can BOTH meet with the celebrant. The once was groomzilla is now wanting me to book everything! "just book whoever, its fine" uummmm no, we both need to get along well with our celebrant. The DJ, I will gladly meet with myself...cause I know who I want ;) lol

So ladies, who has done what?
Anyone else going to the newcastle bridal expo?

Elissa

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Hello Ladies.

We finally set a date: December 5th 2009
So I'll be joining you here in the December thread, instead of the october thread as I anticipated.

MaddieNat
His sassy southern belle
His sassy southern belle

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Elissa wrote:
Hello Ladies.

We finally set a date: December 5th 2009
So I'll be joining you here in the December thread, instead of the october thread as I anticipated.

I have a date twin! :)
welcome.
any plans as of yet?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06