Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Re: April 2010 Part 1

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 pm

1 month to go!!

Woohoo!!

Still doesn't really feel like it though... :lol:

Got my dress altered yesterday, and like I mentioned in the 'today I'm happy about' thread, to get it taken in about 4cms on each side, 3 bm dresses hemmed, 2 lots of chunky straps shortened and letting the FG dress out cost $160 total! Another woohoo!

Have to get out my to do list and see whats left to be done now!

navywifeniss
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:54 pm

Not long now for us Idr10... just over two weeks to go 8O So sorry to hear about your loss :(

Finally have finished everything... Except for the celebrant we are pretty much on track. The only thing mucking up my plans is the fact that we are moving to Perth 2 weeks after the wedding... FH got his posting last week and we are heading home :) Just finding it all a little overwhelming, with the wedding, moving across the country and trying to deal with my son's father :(

And my hens day got cancelled because my BM stuffed it up!!! So now I am trying to organise a last minute thing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Off to go find some wine... :lol:

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:30 am

12 DAYS!!!! OMG

I'm so looking forward to my hen's on Sat, I just hope my BM's have a good time & forget about their 'issues'. I know my family (esp my aunt & mum) are looking forward to a fun day / night given the last 2 weeks :mrgreen:

sciencegirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 am

I think I'm in complete denial about how soon my wedding is. Everthing's going fine it just still seems like it's a long way away, not 18 days! 8O
I have my final dress fitting tomorrow and then getting my hair coloured on Wednesday - it'll be nice to be pampered!

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 am

sciencegirl wrote:
I think I'm in complete denial about how soon my wedding is. Everthing's going fine it just still seems like it's a long way away, not 18 days! 8O

:lol: I'm glad your feeling this way 18 days out, because that makes me feel normal. I'm feeling exactly the same!

My under 18s approved hen's night was heaps of fun! The marquee looked awesome, with fairy lights every where and paper lanterns, and everything set up. Everyone had fun and FH's and my Mum got on like a house on fire! I also had my pin up girl photoshoot yesterday and can't wait to see the shots! Woohoo!!

We've just been given the hurry up by our invite lady on some bits and pieces and our celebrant has sent us through a *nearly* final copy of our ceremony, we just have to make a few more changes and it'll be finished! Feeling very organised :mrgreen:

finally
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm

How exciting Cuffs, can't wait to see the piccies. Glad you had a great 'under 18s approved hen's night '

ldr10 wrote:
12 DAYS!!!! OMG

Tell me about it! I can't believe it has come around this quickly!

I am feeling pretty good about it all, however I am so worried and stressed about the morning and getting ready, I am feeling so sick over it. The rest of the day I know will be perfect, but for a few reasons the morning may end badly. But I am being positive and taking everything in my stride. Fingers crossed people realise this is my and FH day and not to bring their petty sh*t into it! :cry:

Juzzy84
♥ forever & always ♥
♥ forever & always ♥

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:08 pm

ldr10 wrote:
12 DAYS!!!!

Wow!! Thats so soon!!

Still over a month until mine...

Pretty much all ready to go just a few last minute things to take care of!

navywifeniss
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm

ldr10 wrote:
12 DAYS!!!! OMG

I'm so looking forward to my hen's on Sat, I just hope my BM's have a good time & forget about their 'issues'. I know my family (esp my aunt & mum) are looking forward to a fun day / night given the last 2 weeks :mrgreen:

Oh I hear you!!! I can't believe how close it is, and how much I still have to do!!!
I hope you have a terrific hens day darl... I'm having mine on the same day :D YAY!!!

Tarly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

so im not sure if anyone else has wedding last minute nerves but i really do. You always see in the movies where they get last mintue nerves and arent sure if they can go through with the wedding... thats how im feeling these days.
im so nervous and worried about everything, and not sure about it all, not just the big day, but everything thats to come from it... im freaking about being an "old married woman" , and being tied down forever and it feels like being marred is such a big thing in a persons life and im gonna become such a boring nanna and not gonna be any fun anymore.
It probably doesnt help that im the oldest in my group of friends, they are all in their early 20's and alot of them are single and having a ball doing what they want with their lives. i didnt really get a chance to do that in my youth as i went from long term relationship to long term relationship to meeting the boy. and we have been together 6 yrs which is practically forever.... god i wish i could stay young and carefree forever.

i know all this stupidity is in my head, and ill calm down closer to the date, i love "the boy" theres no doubting that.... but for now all my feelings are jumbled up and its stressing me out BIG TIME.
:evil: :? :evil:

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:17 am

Oh Tarly - I completely know how you feel.
I actually have insomnia from nerves so much so (its 4am now and I cant sleep) - not nerves about marrying the boy, I adore him.
But nerves about loosing my youth, about something going wrong on the day etc etc.
But you know what - if you love each other, and you put aside your nerves...sometimes you just have to take a deep breath, and jump :heart:
Its a month today for you and I :mrgreen:

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 am

I know how you're feeling Tarly. I go from one extreme to the other, being completely calm cool & collected, to being in a panic 8O I feel like i have so many 'To Do' lists on the go, and each one seems to grow rather than shrink! Someone wake me up when it's next Friday!!! :lol:
I'm so glad i wont be working next week (yay for the school holidays!), I've got SO much running around to do = plus my aunt arrived from the UK yesterday & I'd like to do some sight seeing stuff with her before we go on our h/moon!

Juzzy84
♥ forever & always ♥
♥ forever & always ♥

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

I was all calm and collected, but there is now just over a month to go and im having a mini internal melt down.

8O 8O

sciencegirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:35 am

I know how you're all feeling with the stress! I'm going fine but now and then I have a moment of complete panic when I'm convinced that it's all going to be a disaster! 8O I try to remember that we've done as much as we can and not to sweat the small stuff. FH and I are getting married - that's all that matters! :D

Picked up my dress from the alterations ladies - they've done a great job. Of course I couldn't resist trying it on again and I'm really happy. Can't wait to be all dressed up with hair and makeup and bling - I won't know myself!

As I'm writing this the chocs for our favours arrived. It's all coming together.

Try not to stress too much everyone - you're all awesome and you will all have wonderful wedding days. In the mean time it'll be great to hear how your last few weeks go.

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am

I'm still not feeling stressed! I feel so sorry for all you girls. BUT what I have been feeling lately is that FH is going to run away and leave me :roll: and oh my lord last night I did my cards and the general symbols that came through were: friend/having to be more friendly, snake, love/relationship, sneaky people, broken heart and a woman. Eeep! So I'm slightly worried over that, but yeah... we'll see what happens. Normally the more I think of something the less likely it is to happen, so I've been trying to concentrate on all my fleeting bad thoughts so I know that won't happen. (E.g. FH and I break up, 2 friends of ours break up etc etc) :lol: Such a weirdo!

EllieGoulet
Lady Eloise
Lady Eloise

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:25 am

Tarly, i have been feeling exactly the same! Anxiety that 'this is it', that there's going to be no other options in life, that i'm off the market, that I'm never going to have fun in my life again. But every time i start feeling this way, i remind myself that the fact this is it is a great thing!! I'm with the most generous, kind, hilarious guy, he loves me, I love him, we're going to spend the rest of our lives together and all the fun I have in my life will be spent with him.

I think it's a completely normal way to feel - yes it is a big day and a big commitment, but you've been together for 6 years already, which too is a massive commitment. It's just a formality really!

Hugs for all the girls feeling stressed, and for Cuffs too. He won't be leaving you in a hurry honey - the cards can lie!!

ladysibyl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Hullo ladies

I've only skimmed the last few posts but picked up that the general theme is pre-wedding stress and felt like chiming in! I've got 3.5 weeks till my wedding and while I don't have the slightest concerns about spending the rest of my life with FH or giving up the single life etc, I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed about the amount of stuff still to organise and the money side of things. To add to the fun, I've started getting migraines again, complete with auras, which I haven't had in about 11 years. I'm not sure how much is stress from the wedding and my idiot father's latest shenanigans, and how much is some medication that I was put on a month or two ago, but I've had 4 in the last 3 weeks and it's stressing me out even more! Talk about a vicious cycle! Off to the nuerologist next Wednesday so hopefully will get some answers and either change medications or get something preventative. Am also looking at having Wednesdays off between now and the wedding on the advice of my GP - so with easter and flex days I've already got booked and having the 3 days off before the wedding I've only got 10 working days to go, so that's something to look forward to! :)

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 am

EllieGoulet wrote:
Hugs for all the girls feeling stressed, and for Cuffs too. He won't be leaving you in a hurry honey - the cards can lie!!

Yep, they can lie! But I think I might know what couple they were talking about, a work friend of mine's neice. She is getting married in April too (potentially...) and there was some activities on the bucks night apparently that she wouldn't exactly agree with. So yeah... sad, but I hope it all comes out before the wedding for her sake.

Hugs from me too for all the stress to everyone! This morning I noticed that I've been doing SO much stuff for the wedding, and being so organised has meant no stress wedding wise. BUT the down side seems that I now have no nice clothes that fit me/clothes for the cooler weather ready, I'm behind in other things I've completely forgotten about, like having to get my dog desexed and registered before I get a fine, I never do my sewing class homework :lol: The rest of my life is so disorganised in comparison hahaha.

EllieGoulet
Lady Eloise
Lady Eloise

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Hehe, poor Cuffs! It's easy for things to take over when your wedding is SO FREAKING SOON!!!! ZOMG 8O

I've had a great night so far - FH is in Melbourne until Wednesday (he transferred to Sydney a month ago and has been in the US for two weeks)...we're finalising music for the tenth time which is always heaps of fun, I've organised our rehearsal, paid our venues, our 'Hucks' is tomorrow and it's 3 weeks until we are husband and wife. La vie et belle :heart:

sciencegirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:46 am

Hope you have fun at your Hucks Eillie!
My FH is off camping with the boys for his bucks this weekend. I'm going to take the opportunity to watch all the cheezy wedding movies he hates :lol:
Only 2 weeks to go for me now and it still seems so far away. I hope all the ladies who are getting married next weekend are destressing and taking some time to spoil themselves.

navywifeniss
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 am

Woohoooooo!!! 1 week to go and not stressed, just not sleeping :roll:
And it's my hens day today... looks like it's going to be an all day affair, although I have no idea what is going on because no-one will tell me :x

Hope all the lovely ladies are feeling a little less stressed this weekend!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07