A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: April 2010 Part 1

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:27 am

Its our Hucks night tonight! I cant wait - Mexican and then on to Hellfire club.
We all have mexican wrestling masks haha :mrgreen:
Can anyone share with me their running sheet for the day?
I am trying to do mine and worried I am leaving things out

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Hope all you ladies who are out for Hens/ Hucks partys are having a blast!! I can't wait for mine next week.

I can't believe some of us are getting married next week!! Wedding time is FINALY here yipee!!!!! I can't wait to start seeing everyone's photos and to share my own with you all :)

I had my final dress fitting today, it is looking great and I am so excited to wear it in two weeks (OMG!). Tomorrow I have my hair trial and Monday I am finalising the details with the florist.

I am so exhausted right now. I haven't stopped all week with various appointments and exercise etc. I can't wait to relax in Thailand, I so need that right now.

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 am

I hope everyone that had hens / hucks had a great time yesterday! I can safely say I had a BALL, but i am feeling a little worse for wear! My two Bm's did a FANTASTIC job of organising it, and my mum also did a fair bit too, so I think it's fair to say a great day was had by all!!

I cannot believe this time next week, I'll be married! CRAZY! :heart:

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 am

I want all the hens/bucks/hucks gossip people!! :lol:

I'm thinking of firing my MUA... not that it matters all that much to me, I'm capable of doing my own makeup. But my sister (bm) CLICKED IT saying she doesn't have nice foundation to do it herself, etc etc etc. So I might just do my own and see what the other 3 want to do, all I know is that I'm not paying $100 for someone to do makeup on me that I hate. My MOH and I will be doing my mum's, nan's and aunty's makeup anyway. I'll be glad of having something to do actually I think.

FH and I have finally finished our vows, yay! And my Wedding Sweatshop of Horrors should be up and running again this evening making pew bows and numerous cups of tea :lol:

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 am

Not much in the way of goss from my hens - it was heaps of fun & got a little messy by the end of the night, we started at 9.30am with the tour bus picking us up & taking us down to the Mornington Peninsula about 1hr 15mins away.... we went to 3 wineries & had tastings there, a little tavern for lunch, and we had vino on the bus. We got back to my parents house (where we started from) approx 6pm, wine, cocktails & jello shots happened from then until around 11.30pm, I think there was some dinner had there as well, but i'm a bit hazy!!
My BM's & me:

I've put some more pics in my S&T!

Juzzy84
♥ forever & always ♥
♥ forever & always ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Haha! Looks like you had fun ldr!!

No hens for me seeing as my wedding is a bit of a secret... i dont mind though! I can live vicariously through everyone else!!

Look at my ticker! 1 month to go!

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Cute photos Idr10 :) The count is really on for you now!!!

It finally dawned on me how close the big day is today when I was telling my florist that I am able to access the venue on the Friday before the wedding and then I realised, hey thats NEXT Friday!!! My florist made some trial bouquets and they looked so pretty. I am so happy because I can have gardenias and they look beautiful. My bouquet will be ivory big roses, david austen roses, lisianthus, and gardenias and the girls will have just roses. I still have my final appointment with my photographer to go and then all the big stuff will be done and dusted, woohoo!

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Yay we have finally reached 100 pages!!

Tarly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm

OMG Girls, im reading this at work and its just dawned on me it will be APRIL in 2 days and it will finally be the month of my wedding. Mines not until the 24th but we leave here in 3 weeks to give us a few days to prepare as we are getting married on Daydream island.

I was alwmost hyperventilating before about how soon everything is... its strange because im really really prepared, have nothing to really organise and am not stressed at all, but just occasionally i get really scared! Im such a big scaredy cat hehe.
Good luck to all the girls out there getting married on the weekend! fingers crossed that you have amazing weather, everything goes perfectly and you have a wonderful day and night!

Jodie1
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 pm

We just had our final meeting with our celebrant and have chosen all our vows and readings!! YAY!

Also booked in our rehearsal the day before the wedding! Ohh its getting exciting now!!

Juzzy84
♥ forever & always ♥
♥ forever & always ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Tarly - my wedding is a few days after yours, feels close yet still a long time away!! Im also pretty much prepared. My venue is taking care of alot of things for me (cake, bouquet, buttonholes etc etc). All i really have left to do is find some jewellery (which is proving to be quite a task 8O )

I CANNOT wait to see some pics from all the weddings!

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Well, tonight FH decided he wasnt comfortable with the bridal waltz routine that we'd been having lessons for... so after a bit of a talk (initally I wanted lessons, then I figured I'd be able to whip something together at which point FH decided he wanted lessons!), we've ditched our last two lessons 8O !! Waste of money yes, but FH says he's feeling a lot more comfortable now, as the routine we'd been learning really wasn't us - much more suited to Dancing with the Stars etc... also means we didnt have to go out at 9.30pm tonight & the same for tomoro. Just not quite sure what I'll say to the lady if she rings up tom asking why we cancelled the last 2 lessons! Oh well!

Oh and I had a dentist appoint this evening and my dentist who I've been going to forever gave me a wedding present cos he remembered that it was coming up!! A spiffy Oral B electric toothbrush with two handle thingys (which i naughtily googled & found rrp is $190!!) How funny but what a lovely thought! So didnt expect that!

5 sleeps - I cant believe it! Good luck to all my other April lovelies with your final countdown preparations! :heart:

sciencegirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 am

Ldr10 - I'm glad you guys have gone with what makes you feel comfortable. You must be getting seriously excited by now!

Tomorrow will be my last day at uni. I'm handing in my PhD thesis - all 154 pages of it - and then I'm on holiday till the wedding! I'm really looking forward to having all my friends and family in Sydney. I just can't believe how quickly it's come around 8O

Good luck to all the ladies getting married this weekend - you're in my thoughts and I'm sure you'll have a perfect day!

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

ldr10 - gorgeous photo!! Sounds like you had an awesome time :mrgreen: And good idea about ditching the lessons. If its not for you're own happiness then you're just doing it to impress other people, which isn't the point of a wedding :wink: good decision!

Science girl - thats great news about your PhD, must be a HUGE relief to have all that done. 154 pages is huge!

We finally finished our ceremony script, and I started making our wishing well decos last night. Tonight should be pew bows. And yesterday we got our very first wedding pressie delivered! A king size quilt from my Dad's boss who isn't even coming to the wedding, how lovely! I hope things trickle in, so I can keep up to date with Thank you cards. Have been toying with the idea of FH and I doing a cute thank you card using our photobooth on the day, like 'thank' 'you' 'very' 'much' in a photo of us each, then when we get them printed we can write the message on the back. So maybe we'll do that.

Just finalised the honeymoon details now, and am off to get my vaccinations in about 45mins for Thailand. AND the dress maker just called and I'm going to see her this arvo! Yay!

navywifeniss
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 pm

3 more days!!!!!!
And no hens day pics, because it was the worst day ever... :cry:

BUT...3 MORE DAYS!!! :heart: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

EllieGoulet
Lady Eloise
Lady Eloise

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:11 pm

Oh nose, why was it the worst day?? You poor darling. BUT - 3 more days!!!!

So exciting :D

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 pm

yay April weddings are about to start!! So exciting :D

Kt_Kat
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:05 am

Single digits!!!

Hope all the Easter weekend girls have fabulous weddings and everything goes swimmingly. Can't wait to see piccies of everyone!

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 am

Oh my god, we're getting married THIS MONTH

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am

Cuffs wrote: