New discussion thread for all the March 2009 brides :D

Continued from viewtopic.php?f=50&t=95109&start=1010&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Re: March 2009 Part 3

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:18 pm

YAY Part three
Our DJ is about to come over so I better get a move on with the songs and Jazz :wink:
Last edited by bonnyh on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faerie

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:28 pm

whoohoo gals,we got our 3rd part! :P

hehe smiggle, I can pass you the recipe too if you want. Shout out if you want it. Which reminds me, i haven't figured how to display them yet. Opps.
Oh no, who is going to do the reading now? Ppl are just so inconsiderate and selfish sometimes. :(

I think we can play tag with the switcheroo! We can tag each other as surrogate aggresonist for each other.

oh moofairy, I hope your ring is waiting at home! *praying next to pretzel neon :lol:

Thanks barchen, yes, at least the day is finished. yipee!

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

The AWESOME March Brides!

Let me know if I have left anyone out...

1st March
Moofairy
Cheeks
Wiz

7th March
Barchen
Sparkling Fel
Bonnyh

14th March
Renee&AJ
Neon
Jaybay
KiwiBrideToBe

15th March
Padbert
Katben14

21st March
Kristy_a
Faerie

28th March
Smiggle
Stace0121
Last edited by jaybay88 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kiwibridetobe

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm 14th March too, can't believe how close it is getting. Finished my OOS booklets tonight thank god, now just have my name cards to write.
I have neat writing but I'm scared I'm going to ruin them so I don't want to start, and there is no way I can put them through the printer. When I asked FH if I should get a professional to do them he laughed at me... Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist with that kinda thing... will just have to keep practising and get the courage up, have 146 to do!

kristy_a
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Yay for Part 3!

Jaybay, that's such an awesome idea, now I know when you to send 'Good luck' posts!!! :D

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm

woah we have all been a busy bee!! I can't believe we went through like 5 pages in a day!! hahha! :)

I'll go back and read the other posts later, but Kiwibride... FH and I were the exact oppsoite! I wanted to handwrite the name cards and I can do really lovely cursive script (people always comment on it!) but FH thought it was really unprofessional so we got them prof printed instead. We have a really good printer company near my work - they've been absolute darlings! Only cost AUD 40 for 130 names on beautiful translucent paper (they're in the shape of a bookmark). Got my covers for the OOS done by them too...

Anyway, if you can design all yourself and get it printed at officeworks etc, ti wont' be too pricey right? (if price was an issue!)

we designed ours ourselves on Coreldraw then mailmerged from Word... quite easy! :)

Good work on getting the OOS booklets done, by far they were my most horrible nightmare!

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 am

thanks for putting all the date together JB! Awesome and it looks good that it' on the 1st page so we'll always know where to find it! :)

I can't believe we're at part 3! I remember when we first started part 2!
Then again, Feb 09 has 9 parts!!

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am

SparklingFel wrote:
Then again, Feb 09 has 9 parts!!

At the rate we're talking, we might have 9 parts too before we all get married!

Just had to share girls - FH is here! We've been living apart for almost 2 years and seeing each other only on weekends (and not every weekend), so I am just so, so excited that he is here! He arrived in Sydney late last night and the furniture truck is arriving in an hour! Now begins the fun task of moving furniture around and deciding which stuff stays and whose stuff gets donated to the Salvos.

[I suspect mine, seeing as how I'm at work and he's home by himself.]

Bärchen
I survived and got married

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:33 am

Woohoo, part 3 for us :D

Thanks for all your lovely comemnts on my s&t girls. Feeling very proud now :D It's nice to hear that the WC girls like what I have done so far. My family hasn't seen any of it yet and my friends don't care, lol so I even more appreciate your feedback :D

Neon, that is so exciting. How do you manage to concentrate on work? I'd be dreaming all day, wishing I could be there and help him move in :lol:
I bet you can't wait to go home today. I hope you still have some of your furniture left when you get home 8O :lol:
How come your FH didn't live in Sydney for the last 2 years if you don't mind me asking?

Bärchen

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:35 am

Jaybay, thanks for compiling that list. Great idea :D

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:00 am

Bärchen wrote:
Neon, that is so exciting. How do you manage to concentrate on work? I'd be dreaming all day, wishing I could be there and help him move in :lol:
I bet you can't wait to go home today. I hope you still have some of your furniture left when you get home 8O :lol:
How come your FH didn't live in Sydney for the last 2 years if you don't mind me asking?

FH has never lived in Sydney - we both used to live in Brisbane. I got a job in Sydney and moved here in June 2007 and FH stayed in Brisbane working there for a while. Then he got a post-doctoral fellowship at Parliament House, so he moved to Canberra in January 2008. That's now finished and he's just moved here.

We've actually been apart for more time than we've lived in the same city. It's going to be a little weird having him around everyday (though weird in the best possible sense).

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

jaybay88 wrote:
The AWESOME March Brides!

28th March
Smiggle

Smiggle - did you know that your wedding coincides with this year's Earth Hour?

That is so cool! I kinda wish mine did. Imagine how awesome it would be to turn off all the lights and have hundreds of tea lights everywhere!

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 am

Morning Everyone,

Yay we got our Part 3..

Neon - It wasnt planned that way, but I found out back in September. The venue gave me a choice of wether I wanted to participate or not, We choose to participate so we will have lots and lots of tea lights on everywhere around the room and on each table. I think I ended up getting nearly 200. I would rather have too many then not enough and people cant see what they are eating etc. :?
The only issue is that our venue over looks Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay and the city. So if they turn all the office block lights and Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay do the same its going to affect our view. Its only for 1 hr from 8.30pm -9.30pm but the office building lights will remain off Im thinking.. Im hoping that they have fireworks at Darling Harbour for it but doubtful :(

JB thanks for putting all our dates together also.

cheeks74

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 am

Heloooo to March 2009 PART THREE!

Thanks for giving me some 'dutch courage' to stand up to dressmaker - I have final try on Saturday and then they have a week to fix it....before D DAY! I definately want to he lumpy bit fixed and i want to make sure it is symetrical at the bust....I hate things that are out of shape! LOL

I am really not good at complaining..although I used to be even worse...

Got them to reorder my necklace as it was not right - and they said they will have another one for me ....

am counting down the days till i see the 'week ahead 'weather forecast...OMG i am soo nervous - I am just keeping everything crossed it isnt going to be above 35 degrees - anything else i can live with..rain, wind, snow LOL

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 am

Sydney is forcast to be beautiful weather in the next 10 days!! Bring back the summer I say!

Bärchen

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 am

jaybay88 wrote:
Sydney is forcast to be beautiful weather in the next 10 days!! Bring back the summer I say!

I'm checking the rain forecast everyday, too. Looks like it will be dry on the 7th. Fingers crossed :D

Moo, any new about the ring?

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:35 am

Ive got a quick question for you guys.. What are you getting as Groomsmen gifts. We want to do something else instead of the hip flask/cufflinks etc.. any ideas?

Moofairy

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 am

Stupid Ring!!! wasnt there...stupid telstra bill instead! Barchen you jinxed it hahahahahha. Nar knowing my luck it will be like monday next week! So i'll go home everyday this week all excited and rush to the mail box and nothing. I just wish the mail man would come while i'm home so i didnt have to wait all day to know! But somehow i dont think they are that prompt with the mail delivery, no offense to australia post (my dad used to be a mail man :lol: ) but sometimes they are just slack!

Neon wrote:
I've just assumed my human pretzel position again!

LMAO!!!!! I totally lost it this morning when i read that hahahahhaha!!! Love it!
And ty to all of you for your best wishes to and thinking of me waiting for this blasted wedding ring!! Hopefully it comes eventually :roll:

Ok as for everyone else, you all wrote so much i dont know where to start!!!!

Jaybay firstly Love the list!!! It's great to see where we all are and how far away we all have!!! Bonus it's on page 1!!

A big congratulations to us! for making it to part 3 wooot! I think we all talk too much! but i'm glad otherwise my days would be so long and boring without you all :oops: :heart:

Barchen you should feel proud! your s&t is fantastic! and i know what you mean about friends not really interested etc, I love the feedback i get on wc cos i know you are all in the same boat and "get it" a bit more than others that have never planned a wedding before.

Good luck with the moving Neon, just make sure you dont get rid of too much of your stuff! you need to keep some of who you are aswell!!! Just make sure you wont regret getting rid of anything that maybe a little bit more special, I know when i moved the last time, i did a huge clean up and got rid of heaps of stuff... there were a few things that i kinda wish i hadnt but it's too late now :cry:

oooo cheeks i'm glad you have your final fitting saturday, hope it all goes well... get onto their case if you dont think it's right! dont just accept it if it's lumpy that's not good enough!
and I know what you mean about the stupid weather forecast! Gold Coast weather has been all over the shop in the last few weeks and i really dont know what it's going to be like (hence the going out and buying an umbrella tonight) I just would like a nice clear day for all of us, i'm putting my order in!!!

smiggle i just went with cufflinks so i'm of no help (that was for my best man) they were cute ones with a little cartoon and best man written on them. I guess it would depend what they are into, or if you have a theme... i've seen personalised golf balls with wedding names and dates on them (they were for a wedding that was at a golf course and they used golf buggies as their transport etc) Ummm i'll try and think and see what i can find for you.

Ok well this stupid thing wont let me go back far enough so if i've missed anyone sorry :(

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:44 am

smiggle wrote:
Ive got a quick question for you guys.. What are you getting as Groomsmen gifts. We want to do something else instead of the hip flask/cufflinks etc.. any ideas?

No idea...

one bm is a bottle of wine.. the other two don't wear suits, so cufflinks are useless to them. They also don't drink... hmmm

I brought my MOH a pandora charm but I don't know what to get the other girls.

Do i need to get them anything considering I paid for dresses etc?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09