A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Re: March 2009 Part 3

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 am

YAY stace thats awesome
so glad it is all finally coming together
how is everyone eles going? nerves kicked in yet?
I was really nervous in the lead up, but then on the day, I was actually really really calm :D

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 am

Morning Everyone

I am FINALLY in my last week of work.. thank God..

Starting to get excited now and am frantically ticking things off my to do list. Still need to give music to our DJ and pick up wedding rings, so this weekend is jammed packed full of wedding pickups, final checks etc. The only issue is that we are still waiting on 3 of the Groomsmens vests to come in.. They told us first week of March.. :?

Had my hens last Saturday night and my poor feet are still sore.. I got a limo as a surprise for my BM's and they where sooo surprised it was great.. Our cruise was good and we even got fireworks at Luna Park that the boat stopped and watched. We did have a big storm and rain while we where on the cruise but stopped after an hr or so and turned into such a clear night. I had a ball

Good luck to the 21st girls your time is nearly here...

We have also had our first late drop out. Its my eldest cousin of all people.. grrrrr... :twisted:

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Just a quick hello to all the girls here! I'm writing from Thailand.. had an awesome wedding! Can't wait to see photos!

Best of Luck to all the girls here for the 21st/22nd weekend! Like they say.. "don't sweat the small stuff!" ... I did and so did my poor hubby,,, but the up side is that we are now on our honeymoon and finally beginning to relax!

kristy_a
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:22 pm

missk1 wrote:
kristy_a wrote:
missk1 wrote:
I'm the 21st but not very active on the forum.

Where abouts are you missk1? I'm in Victoria, weather isn't looking too good. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

I'm getting married in Sydney, weather is looking ok (hopefully that statement doesn't jinx it ).

4 days to go............ Good luck with all the last minute little things

Thanks, same to you! Hope you have a wonderful day.

bonnyh wrote:
YAY stace thats awesome
so glad it is all finally coming together
how is everyone eles going? nerves kicked in yet?
I was really nervous in the lead up, but then on the day, I was actually really really calm :D

I'm feeling very nervous at the moment, hoping that it goes away soon so I can just enjoy the day. FH has started to call me 'Stresszilla', i'm shocking when it comes to getting stressed! I'm pretty much organised though, just a few small things to do.

No good to hear you're still sick Stace, hoping you get better soon.

Smiggle, I had someone drop out yesterday.. a bit annoying considering we've paid the caterer already, but oh wells.

I'll be back before Saturday, i'll talk to you all then.

:heart:

MrsKo2b

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:10 am

Finally on leave until the wedding.

Alright I thought I'll pamper myself to a day spa with the following over 3 days:
Signature facial package: facial, decollege treatment, firming eye contour treatment, hand exfoliation/hot towel treatment/hand massage, relaxing scalp treatment
Micro-dermabrasion x 1
Spa body treatment: sea salt full body exfoliation, jet shower treatment, full body massage
Brow sculpturing & brow tint
French manicure

I'm actually looking forward to being pampered as I'm a day spa virgin!

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Really Mrs KO a day spa virgin... I love day spas, I make sure aI go and have a facial/massage at least every 6weeks, its such a treat and makes you feel like you are spoiling your self.. ENJOY

We have just had another couple drop out, it s for a legit reason as she is in hospital being operated on by, if only we knew this last Friday we would have saved $400 on the 3 people that have sinced pulled out.. We are trying to fill the couples spots now but I feel guilty asking people this close..

Only 3 more work days... YAY

MrsKo2b

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Hey smiggle, I know exactly how you feel! A friend of mine was supposed to have induced labour last friday but at the moment the baby has not yet popped out into the world, so there is a chance she might not be able to make it! Basically another potential drop out!

The facial package today was exactly what I need in a time like this. It feels wonderful to be pampered. :D

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi girls - here are my pro pics... wedding was on 7th March and Andrew Kopp did a great job capturing all the little moments!

http://www.andrewkopp.com

Go to: Client Login
Folder: Lau
password: lau1

faerie

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:00 am

Hey girls, how is everyone? I got sucked into an internal project that was going pear shaped 2 weeks back at work and haven't seen the day of light ever since. :? I have been coming home at 8ish everyday and haven't touched anything weddingy. At least I'm on leave tomorrow so I can rush around. Just realized I haven't got a pair of sandals to wear with my dress and no flowers. I'm starting to feel the stress now.

kristy and other 21st girls, how is everything coming along?
hey mrs k02b- I'm just 1 day ahead of you. So glad the weekend is going to be fine weather. And then today they reported Saturday is going to be 30 degree. Gulp. Hot hot hot.
ooo i absolutely adore spas. My cousin is saying we shld all go to one after the wedding to destress, I completely agree wtih that!

bonny u look absolutely gorgeous! Both of you look so happy together. Congratulations!

Sparklingfel - Congratulations as well fel, I love ur pictures! Especially of your doggy! Great pics there as well. :D

Moofairy
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 am

beautiful photos fel, you look amazing!!! I hopefully get my pro pics tomorrow, if not friday. Getting so excited, cant wait to see them. I'm added some photos my uncle took to my s&t, they are the only photos i've seen so far myself so hope you all like them.

Hope everyones plans are going according to plan, try not to stress too much it will all work out on the day, and if it doesnt it isnt the end of the world, you are getting married and that's all that matters. Enjoy every minute of it, the day goes so fast :) Talk to you all soon, still busy painting the house. It's very exhausting but we are getting there :D

kristy_a
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:31 am

Hey ladies, just posting quickly, probably wont be back until i'm a Mrs!

To all my fellow March 21st-ers hope you all have a wonderful day, best of luck to you. :heart:

To my other Marchies, thankyou so much for all your help and support leading up until my big day. Love you all.

See you on the other side.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:00 am

Hi girls, I'm baaaaaaack.

Sorry I disappeared for a while there - it turns out weddings are pretty darn stressful!

Unfortunately we had a few dramas the few days before the wedding (florist lost our order, had to buy new bridesmaids dresses at the last minute), so there was a lot of racing around and not much time to sit and chat on WC. Pity.

Anyway, we got married! We had a beautiful day. Everything came together really well. It does feel like a lot longer ago than five days!

So far have only seen pics take by one of our groomsmen (not what you'd call a particularly talented photographer, but he gave it a shot.) Will try to post some of the better ones in show and tell and write a longer account of the day in the true stories section.

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:30 am

Neon - glad you had a great day, cant wait to read all about.

Well today is Finally my last day at work before the wedding. I dont have internet access at home, so will pop in when I can use the internet at my parents of FH parents houses during the week.

Good luck to the 21sters

and to my fellow 28th wedding buddies, if I dont talk to you before our big days, I wish you well and that all your dreams and wishes come true... Like everyone keeps telling us, make sure you enjoy your day and dont sweat the small stuff... Only 8 more sleeps :D :D :D :heart: :heart:

stace0121
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Argh. Now I am stressing. Im getting married this week!!

I have so much to do, and not much time because i have to teach tmoro, uni on tues...which leaves me wed thur fri.

Stuff has gone missing which doesn't help. Plus no one is helping me out :(

Future_Mrs_Monty;)

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know our big day was a huge success!!!! I wish all the girls who still have their day to come to relly let go and enoy themselves! all that hard work really does pay off. Husband and I are now just waiting for the 14th April for our ship to set sail! (Honeymoon) Hope you aall have as much of a fabulous day as we did!

LOts of Love Leah!

MrsKo2b

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 am

Ok as the big day is drawing near, I've pretty much done everything except the dreaded speech!

Bombonieres: I've finally wrapped 207 of the chocolate Lindt by myself!

I wrapped 12 chocolates for the VIP table, as I couldn't be bothered cutting more brown paper, there's an odd one out!

Passionfruit & mango body butter for the female relatives who have travelled from overseas & interstate. I bought a kilo of the body butter, glass jars & those green mesh bags from http://shop.newdirections.com.au/epages ... ections.sf. Labels are from vistaprint. Works out to be about $1.30 for the 15ml jar with the body butter & I haven't done the calculations for the 30ml jar.

With the mesh bags

jesseandkeeleysmum

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 am

YAY i am finally married and i had the best day of my life.
My day was perfect not 1 thing went wrong the only bad thing was that it went by wayyy to fast.
I have not stopped smiling since and i am so proude of myself for holding it all together.
D/H had a little tear coz he said that i was so beautiful witch i was lol.
i just want to do it all again without spending sooo much money.
Now i am just waiting on my honey moon not sure wen we are going but i know it is real soon well done to all the march brides i bet you all looked beautiful and a huge congratulations to all aswell.
I have photos but i have no idea how to chuck them on so i will fiddle with it and hopefull will get some on :D :D

faerie

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm back at work tomorrow. Bummer :)

How is everyone? How are the girls? kristy how did 21st go for you? Anyone else from 21st? It was waaay hot! But everything went well cept for a few dramas 2 days before. I promise to have pics as soon as I get some.

Good luck to the girls on the 28th and 29th!!

faerie

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am

mrsk2b, you did a great job on your favors! Love it!

smiggle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am 3 days out and am feeling quite relaxed which is a good thing,. Dropped everything off at the reception place this morning and dropped all my stuff at my parents aswell. The house looks empty. Church rehersal tomorrow night, hopefully all the bridal party make it on time..

Not much else to talk about except its hot in Sydney at the moment, hopefully it turns the temperature down just a little for Saturday.. To my other Saturday brides, good luck and try not to stress to much leading up to the day..
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39