A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bärchen
I survived and got married

Re: March 2009 Part 3

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm

WOW WOW WOW, so maaaaaaaaaaany beautiful pics.

Will post in everyone's S&T rather than in here. Not sure how many still read this :roll: :lol:

But it's great to see how all of your hard work and planning came together so beautifully in the end :heart:

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Barchen!! Welcome back!!! I am still here.. and I've been dying to see your pics!! so post!!

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Pro photos are up!! Woohoo...

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Jb, amazing shots!! Your photographer is very talented, you must be so happy with them!

Barchen, can't wait to see yours!

I'm right back into the swing of work... sorry to put a little damper on the day, but a really good friend of mine in London was made redundant recently and she now has to go home to Melbourne. Just feel sooo bad for her, we use to always say that no matter what, we'll be here together forever.
My work is going through ANOTHER redundancy cull soon... it's just crap crap crap. Fingers and toes crossed that I will be safe. So yeah, these things have put a bit of a damper being back in London - the G20 summit protests are also happening here, but we're relatively safe though the protestors got pretty close. I missed it all though as I wasn't payign attention and by the time I went outside, the protestors had all dispersed.

How is everyone's married life? Would be interested to know if you changed your name?

I only changed mine at work and on fb... everything else can wait

MrsKo2b

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 am

Last edited by MrsKo2b on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:00 am

Last edited by SparklingFel on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bärchen

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:06 pm

SparklingFel wrote:
Jb, amazing shots!! Your photographer is very talented, you must be so happy with them!

I totally agree. How gorgeous are those photos? I would be thrilled to have so many beautiful shots. Will be hard to choose for your album :D
How many sides do you/will you get?

We have 23 included and with $140 per side I don't think we will get many more :roll:

SparklingFel wrote:
I'm right back into the swing of work... sorry to put a little damper on the day, but a really good friend of mine in London was made redundant recently and she now has to go home to Melbourne. Just feel sooo bad for her, we use to always say that no matter what, we'll be here together forever. My work is going through ANOTHER redundancy cull soon... it's just crap crap crap. Fingers and toes crossed that I will be safe. So yeah, these things have put a bit of a damper being back in London - the G20 summit protests are also happening here, but we're relatively safe though the protestors got pretty close. I missed it all though as I wasn't payign attention and by the time I went outside, the protestors had all dispersed.

How is everyone's married life? Would be interested to know if you changed your name?
I only changed mine at work and on fb... everything else can wait

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your friend Sparkling. Does she have a partner in London? If so, will he go to Melbourne as well? Poor thing.
I'm in the human pretzel position for you and keep everything crossed :lol:

I won't change my name officially yet either. I just got a new passport in Dec together with my permanent residency visa label and therefore won't do anything for a while. Next project is getting the album done, then thank you cards and I will also make 2 parents' albums in momento.
I have posted some non pro pics in my S&T :D http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=96127

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:41 pm

jaybay88 wrote:
Pro photos are up!! Woohoo...

Wow, wow, wow! :heart: them! You are so gorgeous!

And Barchen too ... what a good looking group the March brides are!

We get to see our pro pics next weekend, so hopefully I'll have something to post soon ... (am getting impatient)

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks girls for all the lovely comments!

Barchen... I :heart: your photos! I said it before but your dress was stunning!

Neon.. you must be sooo eager to see your photos it must almost be frustrating! :D

Fel! What a beautiful video!!! I do wish we had a photographer only because the day does go so fast and you miss so much of it!

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 am

hi girls - a bit of activity happening today over the article in the telegraph! woah wee... I'm sorry to say I'm outta here!!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=101795&start=0

I'm going to go and delete all my posts and piccies, catch you all online on fb or soemthing.
Will you miss you!!

Wiz

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 pm

SparklingFel wrote:
hi girls - a bit of activity happening today over the article in the telegraph! woah wee... I'm sorry to say I'm outta here!!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=101795&start=0

I'm going to go and delete all my posts and piccies, catch you all online on fb or soemthing.
Will you miss you!!

Sorry to see Fel go :(

Theoretically, I'm sticking around, although it won't be much fun without anyone to talk to :?

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm still going to be around

still lurking there are some weddings I really want to see :)

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

I will still be around too... although a little more careful then previously.

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:55 pm

I love you avatar (sp) JB
Just wanted to let you know hehehehehe

jaybay88
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 pm

lol.. I almost stacked it down the aisle because the grass was soft and I was sinking into the red carpet.. and it wasen't quite hemmed high enough.

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm really in two minds about staying after all this nonsense.

I've never been on a forum before. I was really hesitant at first, but the girls here (especially you March 09 girls) have been so supportive that I really wanted to be a part of this community.

I don't think I've been obsessive. I certainly haven't focused on the wedding and neglected my relationship with my DH. But I have spent the last year and a half living in a new city, working long hours and trying to plan an interstate wedding. My family, my bridal party and my (now) DH all lived in different states.

I didn't really have anyone I could share this process with. I didn't have an older-sister figure who could answer all my questions. And that's what I loved about this forum: it was a community of people who really understood what was happening in your life, and who tried to support you through it.

Now I feel like my life and my journey is fodder for the gawping masses. And it breaks my heart.

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Neon wrote:

I've never been on a forum before. I was really hesitant at first, but the girls here (especially you March 09 girls) have been so supportive that I really wanted to be a part of this community.

I don't think I've been obsessive. I certainly haven't focused on the wedding and neglected my relationship with my DH. But I have spent the last year and a half living in a new city, working long hours and trying to plan an interstate wedding. My family, my bridal party and my (now) DH all lived in different states.

I didn't really have anyone I could share this process with. I didn't have an older-sister figure who could answer all my questions. And that's what I loved about this forum: it was a community of people who really understood what was happening in your life, and who tried to support you through it.

Now I feel like my life and my journey is fodder for the gawping masses. And it breaks my heart.

oh hun, don't feel down I feel the same way
Do you have MSN or facebook?

Neon
Glowing Bride
Glowing Bride

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm

bonnyh wrote:
Neon wrote:

oh hun, don't feel down I feel the same way
Do you have MSN or facebook?

Thanks Bonny. I'm on facebook - have PMed you my real name :D

To any of the other March 09 girls, if you would like to be Facebook friends, then please PM me your real names (and any other identification needed for me to locate you).

I don't think I will be putting up any photos on this site now, but some are up on FB for your viewing pleasure!

Also - going to see our pro shots this weekend! Am so excited! Would love to share them with you girls ...

SparklingFel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm

hi girls - gosh, its' sooo hard to leave this site... so whilst I did say that I was going to leave, I can't bare the thought of not logging on anymore so I think the best is to be a passive lurker.
I'm going to hang around too and would love to get all of you on fb..
I also went and deleted all my photos and files.

Girls, just letting you know there is an easy way to do this, you go to your user control panel 'manage accounts' and attachments, and select all to delete all your attachments.

Neon - will send you a pm to add on fb! Can't wait to see your pro pics!
Anyone else wants to add me, please send me a pm!

Moofairy

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:30 am

what's going on? i've been sick in bed for days :(
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29