A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bitter_grace
Topic Author

Just a question about fixing diamontes to card

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 am

I'm trying to get my Save the Date cards organised (and it's taking too long as is, really). Anyway - what's the best glue to stick the diamontes on to the card? I almost thought about getting the 'hotfix' ones and the thing to go with it, but I don't know how good it is either. I've got a glue here, but was just wondering before I stick them all down and find out half of them have fallen off in transit.

Also, do you think it's silly I've put our names on the std card, but then put an 'E' behind it? I know it's a bit premature, but it will be my surname when we're married, so I thought it was nice to do it that way, or is it just plain weird? I'm just thinking about it since there's another thread lurking where they're only using fist names, ours would be 'S and S' and that isn't as fun.

I'm terrible at explaining.

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Re: Just a question about fixing diamontes to card

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:40 am

Craft glue, superglue, hot glue, or craft double sided tape (depending on the size of the diamontes... not really good if they're teeny)

VintageChic

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I would use an acid free craft glue for paper - should dry clear.

A good tip is to use a toothpick to dab the glue on the back of the diamonte so it doesn't get everywhere and you control how much you add - then just pop it on the paper!

kathya
blue eyed bride
blue eyed bride

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm

I had diamonte's on my invites and used double sided tape it was easier than getting glue all over the place take a look.
IMG_0744.JPG

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 pm

I have done a lot of scrapbooking and did all diy stationery for our wedding. I found the liquid UHU be the best (its in a yellow bottle and you can get it from Big W). Ive never had any fall off or any issue with glue setting. Any liquid glue that is in a bottle with a small nozle will do the job.
I use tweezers to hold the tiny diamantes (can be a bit of a learning curve to know work out exactly where and how to hold the diamantes) but it meant not getting glue all over me and the work I was doing and allowed for precision placement of each and every diamante.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.44