A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

missbexie
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥

Re: Buying dress from Ebay seller 'Zero-Love' PART 2

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 am

I'm sorry MAzz!!

Can you post a pic of your dress again?? I get confused with so many dresses around! lol... :roll:

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 am

Mazz** wrote:
I've been away!! Roxi you look freakin gorgeous!! Ruby thats awesome about your dress!! bummer about the zip but don't stress, easily fixed!!
Update on my dress, I have to have all of the lace up taken out and a zip put in, i'm a bit sad because I love the lace up part, its what made me fall in love with it :(
but even doing that its still much too big!! I just hope it still pulls me in like I want it too, the lace ups I tried on were much more flattering than a zipper, but I really think they made the dress to fit me without allowing for the lace up back!! So I'm a bit sad! the dress maker wants to put a fake lace up in so it still keeps some of the look, but it just won't be the same!! i wanna be pulled and sucked in!! :( Don't get me wrong i love the dress, just sad about the whole thing now

Hi sweety.
Im not sure how 'plus size' you are but i had great success with my shapewear from bras n things.
Im normally a size 18 or 20 at top and 20 or 22 at bottom. I squeezed into a size 16 8O full shapewear thingy. Had bra, sucked in all the wobbly bits and had bike pants style in it aswell. Gave me a great shape under my dress and was suprisingly comfortable.

It sux you cant have your lace up though. From memorie, yours is the eggplant? with the coloured lace up right? That was absolutly GORGEOUS. and i would still be pushing for a fake lace up at least. Really really fun and gave the dress that extra WOW factor.

good luck hunni. How long do you still have till wedding?

sams86
Lady DIY
Lady DIY

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:08 pm

I emailed roselyin at like 8am yesterday for a quote and to see if she can make my dress and i still havent heard back from her :( . Last time I asked for a quote she didnt take so long and im desperate to know!! Has anyone asked for a quote recently? how long did it take for her to get back to you? I used the roselin@landybridal.com (i think thats it) address.

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm

They are about 3 or 4 hours behind us and im pretty sure they dont open til midday over there?????
I could be wrong but that would contribute to delayed replies aswell.
xxx

Shaz2010

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:27 pm

sams86 wrote:
I emailed roselyin at like 8am yesterday for a quote and to see if she can make my dress and i still havent heard back from her :( . Last time I asked for a quote she didnt take so long and im desperate to know!! Has anyone asked for a quote recently? how long did it take for her to get back to you? I used the roselin@landybridal.com (i think thats it) address.

Hey Sam, i emailed Roselyn at asapbay@yahoo.com and got a response within the hour... From what i hear, zero-love and landy bridal are the same people??

***bride2b***
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah they are about 3 to 4 hours behind us.

Well ladies I was told my dress & veil will definetly be completed by today or tomorrow! I couldn't help myself so I've emailed Roselyn asking when it will be sent....fingers crossed it will be on its way soon :e_pray:
I'm just sooooooo EXCITED & nervous 8O :lol: :roll:

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Mazz have a look at omph fox on ebay. They have a shop there. Their corsets come in I think 5 different sizes. I got the smallest (cos I heard to get smaller then you need) and I'm a size 12. I'm pretty sure they do express post standard. I haven't got mine yet but have heard good recs from other girls on here about them. Think it was around $30 + postage. I got a white corset and also 4 teddies/baby doll sets for just under $90.

MsMel84

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:57 pm

kellnjace thats the dress I want to order.

Let me know how it turns out?!?!

Mazz**
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah gurls here it is, as u can see the lace up is a huge feature of it, but I'm trying to convince myself that with the dark embroidery that maybe I can get away with it!! the train i got was much longer than it was supposed to be, but now I have seen it on, I like it, it helps hide my huge a*se!!! hehehe as it flows gently instead of just falling to the floor!! Anyways I really do love the dress! only prob is that much too big is just about as bad as too small!! :(

jodile
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 pm

I am so worried... I ordered my dress over 2 weeks ago, it is a special order and today I got and email from Roselyn to say that 'Hope you don't need in a rush.' WTF :e_wall: It took her over a week reply to my last email. I really want the dress by 1 May so that my mum can see it. Otherwise she won't see it until 2 days before the wedding. Has anyone else had a similar reply???

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:09 pm

I got my dress today, i didnt even know it had been sent, was supposed to be sent 2 weeks ago but roselyn just kept saying in 2-3 days every time i asked.

i was so nervous opening it, and well while it looks like the original dress not on and the embroidery is really nice, is has sequins in the beading which i specifically asked not to have (as im not really a sequin fan), but that was only a minor thing.

the hem of the dress completely doesnt sit right, its line the lining was shorter than the dress so they sewed it together and now it bunches up, the train is heaps longer than the original, its hollow to hem is way longer than i asked for and even with extreme high heels which i didnt want to wear anyway its still too long, the built in petticoat starts too high (i asked for the tulle to start mid thigh as thats how the original does with cotton from the waist to mid thigh) and the petticoat goes the full length of the train and i just wanted it for the dress only, the bodice is not structured enough to give definition to my waist like the original did and instead of feeling like a million bucks in the original i look like a frumpy white marshmallow. i was so upset i cried, i knew i was taking a chance but still I am very sad that it didnt turn out right.

i also ordered a veil, and thats all wrong, the white ribbon edging is way to thick, it doesnt have a rhinestone comb as requested and sent photos of instead its a cheap plastic one with no rhinestones or any decoration, and instead of having sparkly diamonte things scattered through the veil its got fake pearls and it just looks all wrong.

so i'm not sure if i will blow the budget and buy the original or try and get the zero love dress fixed.

SIGH!!

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm

i have lost about 7kg since the i tried on the original dress so i am even more horrified that the zero love dress makes me look bigger all the slogging at the gym will be for nothing if my wedding photos are going to make me look frumpy :cry:

oh and i had detachable cap sleeves made which werent part of the original dress but they are a dirty grey colour and dont go with the white of the dress and the beading is very poorly done and there is a join in the centre of them which overlaps ugly.

sams86
Lady DIY
Lady DIY

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:23 pm

littlemiss, you need to email roselyn and tell her whats going on, make them fix it. its not what you asked for and its not made with quality. She wont have any issues having it repaired or remade and i think it free when they stuff it up. Although the beading issue your having has got me worried, ive asked for not a single sequin to make its way into the dress....god help them if they do, i normally dont chuck bridezilla fits but i damn well will if they screw up my dress :x angry just thinkin about it!

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:24 pm

this is what the train look like and the whole edge of the dress has this bunching effect

littlemiss123
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm

i even wrote it in capitals that i didnt want sequins when i was ordering and made sure roselyn acknowleged that i didnt want any but i guess it didnt get through as its sequin central all over the dress but i could live with that if the rest of the dress was ok.

i'm going to think about what i want to do over night as i dont want to have them remake the dress only to be still disappointed if its still not right. i really just think i should have saved the $350 zero love cost me and spent the extra on the real thing. its a good thing i've got plenty of time up my sleeve as not getting hitched till Nov.

tashnluke

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh hun I'm so sorry you had a bad experience!

I'd be email Roselyn and letting her know that your not happy with it. From the pictures it does look different to the original (which looks gorgeous on you by the way!).

Maybe you could get a corset to keep it pull you in around the waist. You can get them here http://stores.ebay.com.au/Sexy-all-the-fox for around $25 with postage.

You could possibily go to a dress maker to get the hem taken up and to also detach the lining that is stitched to the hem. They should be able to make some cap sleeves to match too.

I got my hoop from http://stores.ebay.com.au/BridalCrinoline for $37. It arrived today and its great. Having a different hoop will hopefully make it sit better.

With the veil, is it possible to unstitch the ribbon and sew thinner ribbon on? You can get cheap swavoski cystals from http://www.beadcharm.com.au and they are easy to sew on with some invisiable thread from Spotlight. You can get nice crystal combs from http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Jewelry3 ... QQ_armrsZ1 and you should be able to just glue them on.

Thats odd that it came with a plastic comb. I sent a picture of one and I think it had a plastic comb and I got a metal one. But the actual tulle bit came unstuck from the metal comb so am going to buy one from the above place on ebay and glue it on.

I tried my dress on with the hoop today. Was a rush job cos FH was home (he was too busy watching tv to notice that I snuck into the spare room and tried it on lol) and it makes a huge difference. The dress was miles long without the hoop but with it the lenght isn't that bad. What I have noticed is that the hem is just a rolled stitch not actually hemmed. So will defintly get the dress maker to hem it, as in fold it and stitch it.

But I would definatly be contacting Roselyn as there were so many things you requested that were wrong. Big hugs hun!

Oh you have a stunning figure by the way, wooot wooooo!

Silva85
Mrs. since Nov 09
Mrs. since Nov 09

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm not sure if you remember it was a few pages back, I got my dress from Zero-love and wasn't happy with it, poorly made. I've taken it to a dress maker and it'll cost $385 to fix it and add beading, which is more then the dress cost. I'm thinking of going to buy a real proper dress and use this as a TTD. Disappointed with them.

tashnluke

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 pm

OMG thats a lot for alterations! Did you email Roselyn? Did she give you any options? I wonder if you could get your money back.........

Jaymie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm

I would be emailing her ASAP! How disappointing. I really really hope they replace it for you. I don't think it looks like the original at all and like you mentioned the cap sleeves look like a totally different colour.
How annoying! I wonder if they are too busy to put the quality into it?
Let us know how you go :heart:

belle3651

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 pm

I hate to do this to you girls, but I'm going to give you more bad news. I got my replacement dress yesterday and was just devastated. As some of you may remember the first one was too short, and rather than pay the exceptionly high return postage fees, I decided to just ask Roselyn to make me another one double checking all the measurements and pay again.

Well I have no idea what happened. Inches must be different in China. The new one is barely long enough too, but worst of all I can't even fully check it cause it doesn't fit. It seems to have been cut into a mermaid style instead of A-line and I can't even get it on over my thighs...

So now I have a big choice to make. Do I take them both to a dress maker and see which one they can fix, or do I return them both, cut my loses and get a dress from a dress shop.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14