A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date
Topic Author

Vistaprint Bandwagon

Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 pm

I've just hopped onto the vistaprint bandwagon. I recently joined their mailing list. I just placed an order and every single product was free I just paid for the postage of $32. Everything was wedding related.

2 Free Car Door Magnets with Just married
1 Free Tshirt with Just Married
1 Free pen with our name to sign the registry
1 free rubber stamp with our address for RSVP envelopes etc (includes ink pad)
140 Free Custom Return Address Labels
1 Free Pocket Stamps (including ink)
1 Free Notepad
1 free keyring that I had printed with "Escape Vehicle" for the big day

I got the slow postage because I dont need it right away. I'll post pics when it arrives!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Vistaprint Bandwagon

Mon May 04, 2009 4:06 pm

oh good one u just reminded me I need to get labels etc as the ones I have are for my house which I have to leave in 5 weeks right about the time I will send invites so the address will need to be different :D

3beautifulbabes
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Im really loving vistaprint lately.
I got a big batch of stuff last week (only 8 days after placing the order) even though i paid for slow postage (21days) and the quality was fantastic! All i paid was postage and got SO much stuff.
Im going to order our post-wedding invites next week woohoo!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date
Topic Author

Mon May 04, 2009 4:20 pm

I dont think I'll use them for my wedding invites, but for save the dates and thank yous are a possibility

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Mon May 04, 2009 4:29 pm

I placed a big order for vista print on the weekend too, payed $20 for postage but got -

-140 postcards for my save the dates (to go with the magnets to make them easier to mail)
-Pen
-Sticky notes
-10 note cards
-20 spare STD magnets
-140 address labels

And a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head! :lol:

I spent about $40 on my previous lot (inc. postage) and got:
- engagement invites
-engagement thank yous
-return address stamp
-save the date magnets

So cheap and such good quality, really can't complain! I'll be doing wedding thankyou postcards from them too with my wedding photos.

I noticed at an expo on the weekend that a lot of suppliers are using them now too, why wouldn't you? :D

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Mon May 04, 2009 5:01 pm

I :heart: Vistaprint! I'm in the process of getting my message postcards (100) for my e party, a personalised notepad to use for my thankyous, a personalised pen, 250 business cards to use as place cards, oh and a car magnet for a friends wedding, all free with $13 postage! YAY!!

Summer3

Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 am

- engagement invites

I'm currently in the process of looking for engagement invites, I've had a look at vistaprints but I dont want to order a bunch & not know the quality etc. We ordered some business cards from them & they weren't that great. Do you mind sending me your invite so I can have a look? What type of paper is it?

Cheers
:)

wishuponastar
Forever is a long time
Forever is a long time

Tue May 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Summer3 wrote:
- engagement invites

I'm currently in the process of looking for engagement invites, I've had a look at vistaprints but I dont want to order a bunch & not know the quality etc. We ordered some business cards from them & they weren't that great. Do you mind sending me your invite so I can have a look? What type of paper is it?

Cheers
:)

If you got the free business cards they aren't the best quality in comparison to others. But I feel that the postcards in the gloss finish are great quality, they are thicker than the business card, have a clean finish.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue May 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Yep, our engagement invites from there we great quality. They are gloss finish and they are very similar to good quality postcards such as you would buy from a news agents, in terms of paper quality. We used a permanant thin marker to write our guest names onto the gloss, found this worked best. I uploaded my own design (which I made in photoshop) and got heaps of compliments about them.

frankafanhock

Wed May 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I have recently joined the vistaprint website as well and am thinking of getting my thank-you cards and a rubber stamp with our address on it from them.
Was thinking I could pre order them before the wedding and then they'll be at home by the time we get back from the Honeymoon so I can write them and send them strait off after we get back.

Our wedding day is the 1st of May 2010 and we have verbally told most guests ...so how important are save the date cards???

Id be really interested to see samples of peoples orders though as Im a bit worried about the quality as well.

jazzie
♥ His Chook ♥
♥ His Chook ♥

Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

I had ordered our STD magnets with vistaprint, was really happy!

Just ordered:

10 x bridal shower invite (payed the money to have colour printing on the back)
1 x pen (for fun!)
10 x letterhead (to use as thank you notes for bridal shower)
1 x sticky note (for fun!)
149 x return address labels with caricatures (fun fun!!)
1 x photo calender (with half price photo uploads it was like $4, could put a different photo on each month and personalise it with bdays etc!)
all for $28.85 including postage and the little extras I paid for.

Only paid for slow posting but last time it was really quick! Can't wait to get it all...

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date
Topic Author

Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 pm

I think this should become a thread about what people are getting for their money from vistaprint (with photos maybe)and where they can discuss current deals that are being offered and any questions anyone might have...How does that sound?

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Does anyone have any pictures of the items they have received? Mainly Invitations :)

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

Lastnight I ordered a 'free' pen to sign the marriage certificate with.

I just put on it..

"Celebrating the marriage of...

{bride} and {groom}

Coffs Harbour
28th July 2009"

I thought it might be a nice touch... and FH thought it was cool too. Guess we'll see in a few weeks when we get it :)

MrsKo2b

Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

I ordered 100 thankyou postcards for $20.

frankafanhock

Tue May 12, 2009 4:40 pm

***VISTAPRINT SALE***

Just got an email that Vistaprint are having a HUGE sale until the end of May, so I thought Id take the risk and order a few things while they are FREE!

I must say at this point that between now and my own wedding in May 2010 I am MOH in two others one in Oct and one in Nov so heres what I ordered all free...

2x 50 page note pad "Celebrating the Hens Weekend of (My Mates) - My advice for the Bride to be is..." and I thought everyone could write down some funny things for her on her hens.
Ordered one for each Hen!
2x Pens "Celebrating the Marriage of (My Mates)
Ordered one for each Bride!
1x Rubber Stamp with our name and address on it for when we send out thank-yous

So once I see how the pens and note pads come out Ill probably order some for myself but for now they were cheap pressies for the girls and a good way to see what the quality was like.
Worth having a look at the sale girls if you haven't ordered before.

emsa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 2:19 am

We got large STD magnets for family and bridal party (just because they were free, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten them) and smaller ones for everyone else. We also got postcards for our engagement invites, postcards for our map/info cards, and a pen for our signing. All free! Pics below, sorry quality of pics isn't very good.. the actual product is fantastic though, we are thrilled with all of it!

Large STD magnets:

Small STD magnets:

Engagement invites:

Map/info cards:

Pen (has our names, wedding date, venue and line from 'our' song):

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed May 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I ordered some return address labels, postcards, greeting cards and post-it notes last week, paid for slow postage and they came today! I was stoked! Everything I got was free but they all look great. We got STD postcards to send out with our STD magnets. The magnets are only small and it seemed a bit silly sending them loose in an envelope by themselves, so now they will go with a postcard for 'padding'.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date
Topic Author

Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 am

I just received an email that the order I placed on the 4th of May had now been shipped. It should be here by the 21st May. How long after you recieved your emails did the products arrive?

lets_elope
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:52 am

Just thought I would mention that I ordered some of the free postcards (100 of them !!) which we are using to announce our marriage and invite people to a party at our house after the event... and they turned out GREAT !! I'm actually really impressed with them. We'll probably only use 20 of them *LOL* but being as they were free, we didn't care how many we got. All up, the 100 postcards and a personalised rubber address stamp cost me $14 postage... that's it. Bargain !!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18