A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Re: Vistaprint Bandwagon

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:36 pm

I stayed up until midnight last night ordering the following - all for free I just paid $45 for postage

I x pen with our names and wedding date
250 x business cards as STD
100 x standard postcards as invites to our engagement party (hopefully they come soon as the date is 28th Nov)
1 x rubber stamp with our new names and our new house address (in anticipation of it being built by our wedding)
10 x wedding annoucements inc envelopes (I'm using these as STD for overseas guests so I can write more info on the back)
140 x Custom return address labels
1 x XL photo magnet (with pics of my kids and 2010 calendar)
1 x tote bag with butterly logos and a Jane Austen quote)
1 x note pad
1 x sticky notes
1 x sticky note holder

I paid for the slow postage - I'm crossing my fingers that the order comes before then. Has anyone ordered stuff lately? Has it taken the whole 21 days?

Also I just realised that I forgot to write on the business card STD where the wedding is... hope thats not an issue. The larger ones have that written on them... musta been half asleep :)

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 pm

i've ordered and received the following from vistaprint (will post real pics soon):

- pens (have ordered a few, but will only use 1 for signing at ceremony)

- return address labels (used at the back of invitation envelopes)

- small lawn sign (may be used at botanic gardens to show the way to our wedding)

- stacks of business cards (due to date changes, eventually decided to not use any of them)

- standard postcard (used for RSVP response cards)

- 1 mug (trial one for bridal party gift)

- 1 cap (trial one for bridal party gift)

- 1 keyring (trial one for bridal party gift)

- 1 car door magnet (it says: Official Bridezilla Tamer, 15 May 2010)

- small rubber stamp (for our home address)

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:10 pm

has anyone ordered gift tags from vistaprint??

we're having stubby coolers for bonbonierres and i was thinking of doubling up as a seating card as well, by tying/sewing a card onto the stubby cooler...

yarnsie

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:44 pm

How is everyone getting stuff for free??

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date
Topic Author

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Join their mailing list. You get sent offers for free stuff. Only have to pay for postage

yarnsie

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 pm

That's great. Thanks so much. What a great link to have, especially cause it's save the date time.

missgina
Mrs O
Mrs O

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:18 pm

I ordered our Save the Date's from Vista Print and are waiting for them to arrive. Will post pics when they get here.
For 50 STD's we paid $48 and used the slow postage option. We included the colour back option and it includes 50 envelopes as well. So we are pretty happy that it only cost us 96cents each including the envelope.
We have also bought magnets off ebay which cost us approx $3.50 for 100, they are self adhesive and if one doesn't hold it up, we can use a second magnet.

So all up out STD are costing us $1.89 each including postage. :D

I will have to look into purchasing multiple things on there, I have seen how the price can vary from day to day as well.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:33 pm

I ordered save the date magnets last week as well, got 50 for $11. Also, postcards to attach them to for when we send them (rather than just have a small magnet floating around in an envelope), which were free. Also got return address labels, again free.
All up it cost me $30 including postage! bargain!

Will post pics when we get all our goodies!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:49 pm

I got home today to find a little cardboard box awaiting me - my STD magnets, yay!
When we first got engaged (and I was making our e-party invites on vistaprint - which came out great btw) I made some then, but almost a year on our wedding plans are more evolved so I decided to make new ones to match our 'theme' better so to speak.

Soo...here they are! This one is on my fridge :lol:

I also got a pack of return address labels (I have two lots now, I got pinkish ones last time and some Christmas ones this time) and a stamp.

In the past I have also got
1 return address stamp
100 x save the date postcards (my magnets will be mailed with the postcards)
100 x engagement thank you cards
100 x engagement invites
1 calendar poster
10 x note cards

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 pm

They look great Dandelion!!
How long did they take to get here and which post did you purchase?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm

I should say, that is a shocking photo! The quality of the printing is actually really good.
So now I have 50 new ones and 50 old ones! :lol: Not sure what I will do with all of the old ones now. Seems a shame to chuck them (nothing wrong with me, I just changed my mind) but might be a bit much to send each family two magnets! :lol:

Bonnie - I purchased the express post this time as my Mum was getting on my back about them! :lol: They took less than 1 week. Last time I paid for slow postage though and they only took about 12 days, not too bad at all really. Now I just need to package them up and post them off.

jbrew
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Dandelion wrote:
I should say, that is a shocking photo! The quality of the printing is actually really good.
So now I have 50 new ones and 50 old ones! :lol: Not sure what I will do with all of the old ones now. Seems a shame to chuck them (nothing wrong with me, I just changed my mind) but might be a bit much to send each family two magnets! :lol:

I would suggest cutting the old ones up and sticking them printed side down, on to the back of yor actual invites. That way, people can put your invitation on the fridge and you don't have to spend extra on magnets.

Here are a few things I'm waiting on:
Vistaprint goodies.jpg

More (that I ahve already received) in my show and tell here: http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104661&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40 too.

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I got SOOO excited today - got a package in the mail at work... I'm like "Oh my gosh my invites are here!" and got all the girls worked up - but then I had a better look at the package and it was just some brochure for equipment :oops:

missgina
Mrs O
Mrs O

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:55 am

Bonni_Binx wrote:
I got SOOO excited today - got a package in the mail at work... I'm like "Oh my gosh my invites are here!" and got all the girls worked up - but then I had a better look at the package and it was just some brochure for equipment :oops:

I feel your pain Bonni, I am still waiting for my Save the Dates. I have been checking the post box every day - hurry up!!

Here is a bad joke that I told on the weekend
I have ordered 50 STD's from the US and I am waiting for them to arrive so that I can send them to all my friends......that's what I call caring and sharing :D

Hahaha - get it "STD's".... i know it is a lame joke...

missnicky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 am

I ordered my stuff last Friday and got express delivery.... I hope it arrives today! I would love the weekend to put it all together

I ordered
- 50 small magnets ($11)
- 100 Postcards (Free)
- A Small Banner (Free)
- 140 Return Address Labels (Free)
- 10 Christmas Cards (Free - hehe)

The express postage was $32.88

This is a mock up of what I would like to do for our STDs. I will stick the magnets onto the Postards (using sticky dots) and tie it all together with twine/string. (As I said - Mock up! - A really BAD quality mock up haha)

As I used an image off Martha Stewart Weddings I am really interested to see how to printing turns out......

Please arrive today package! (they gave today as the expected date)

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am

LOL missgina - took me 2 times to read but got it in the end :D :D

missnicky - did they come in the mail??? dying to see them..

missnicky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:37 am

Bonni_Binx wrote:

No :evil:
I am also dying to see them AAAAAAAH!

missgina
Mrs O
Mrs O

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 pm

missnicky wrote:
Bonni_Binx wrote:

No :evil:
I am also dying to see them AAAAAAAH!

Mine aren't here yet either - I am so impatient!!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm

My order just arrived!! WOO HOO!! I only ordered them just over a week ago, and paid for the slow postage!
Im very happy with the quality, the look great!
Sorry for the picture quality, i didnt have time to stuff around with the camera settings. We ordered the small magnets for our save the dates, and then plain postcards to attach them to when we send them, like in the pic. The photo on the std magnet looks quite dark in this pic but in real life it isnt that dark, it is a pic of us earlier this year in Paris!

Oh and obviously the white smears are where ive covered our surnames..

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 pm

very pretty! simple and effective!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09