A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

youwontknow
Topic Author

Photobooth at wedding

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey girls :D

Has anyone set up a fun photobooth at their wedding, with a backdrop, fun props etc., for the guests to have a good time? Or have you been to a wedding that had it?

I think it's such a fun idea and just wanted to hear some 'real life' experiences with it. Also, of course the photographer would hang around and take some of the photos, but for the photos the guests take themselves: disposable or polaroid? Polaroid is just a BIT expensive!
:heart:

rhiannonp
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: Photobooth at wedding

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey!

I went to a wedding recently that had a photobooth - it was AWESOME! We left wanting to get one for our wedding, until we found out how much they were. We're only having a small wedding of about 45 people so just couldn't justify the cost.

There are some cool polaroid style cameras by Fuji out that print a pic instantly that are reasonably priced, so i'm now thinking about buying one of those and a guestbook and people can take their own photos.

Try http://www.instantalbums.com.au - they have hire packages for the little cameras.

Good luck

R

pennylane1284

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:54 am

Having a photobooth with a fun backdrop for a wedding is a great idea to encourage guests to be creative and have a good time. At least I think this is a better option than putting a disposable camera on each table.

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:09 pm

We had a photo booth at the engagment and it was a massive hit. I Think it would be a fantastic idea for a wedding

tel085

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 pm

We went to a wedding where there was one (i didn't even know they existed) and decided we want one and i'm sacrificing getting the dress of my dreams (unless i can find it cheaper) for this.

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

We are having one at our wedding. We have mostly friends attending so it should be a hit!

Simone

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I was also thinking about having a photobooth at our wedding. i've had a quick look around and they are about $700 for 3hrs, unlimited photos. You can even upgrade the package to have a album to put a copy of everyones prints in and they can right a little msg on the day :)

sparkleday events

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:07 pm

they can be a heap of fun....I've found that guests really love them, the pictures are really fun, and make sure the company supplying the photo booth also provide an album (black pages look great, suitable marker (silver) and something to stick the pic into the album....people will usually keep a couple of pics for themselves and stick some in the album with fun messages.

and the best part is at the end of the night you can pick it up and flick through it that very night which is fantastic. they are highly recommended!

as for prices shop around but for a whole reception night of around 6 hours, including the album, unlimited photos and also an attendant its around $1400. Obviously less if its for a smaller amount of time. just remember that if you have an attendant it's etiquette to provide a meal to that person, which is usually just the main, not entree or dessert, but check with your venue...the price for these meals are usually at least half or a third per head of the usual price

hope this info helps!

joken_31

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:00 pm

we're having one at our wedding.

One thing to remember though is that it's lots of fun and people will LOVE it... and they will get LOUD.

I was at a wedding recently and most ppl were at the photo boooth instead of watching their first dance :S

I guess it's just how you manage it.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:35 pm

joken_31 wrote:
we're having one at our wedding.

One thing to remember though is that it's lots of fun and people will LOVE it... and they will get LOUD.

I was at a wedding recently and most ppl were at the photo boooth instead of watching their first dance :S

I guess it's just how you manage it.

We are having one too, but we're only setting ours up after the first dance. :P

hannah86

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:34 am

We're planning on having one (still need to book it!) We love the idea of people having something small to take home and leaving funny photos behind for us!

MannieE

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:03 pm

I love the idea!!!!!
But I'm really a bride on a budget so I was thinking of maybe making one? Does anyone know how to do that?
I thought it could be done with a digital camera hooked up to a computer and printer?
Does anyone have any ideas about making their own?
:mrgreen:

Slavisa

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 pm

We are having a photobooth - I love them!

A way that you could 'make' your own, would be to set up a wallpaper, have a polaroid camera and voila!!

Precious04

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Having a photo booth is really fun. i've attended a 40th wedding celebration. its a very nice souvenir.

Lissa_Lee

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:49 pm

MannieE - Yes you can set up your own. My fiance has been looking into this and has found a program. I will ask him the details and let you know :)

Can't wait to set ours up for a practise! I think it will be the best fun!

raquel

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

I am wanting to do my own too, so would be interested to see how this could work or get any ideas.

Paper Daisy

Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

One of my friends had one and used a polaroid instead of the booth to avoid that "lost guest" issue. We will probably have one too cos the photos are really hilarious :lol:
I found these backdrops which look awesome - http://www.pinkfrosting.com.au/shop/category/wedding-shop-home-wedding-decorations-personalised-photo-booth-backdrops

juzmel

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah agree with Paper Daisy, a polaroid camera would be good too and you can get the shots there and then! Good idea to use paste them next to the signatures on the guest thingy as well.

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Our photographer offers this for $550 for 3 hours. He sets up a backdrop, a camera on a stand with a laptop which shows the shot and a button thing so the guests can take the photo. What do you think of this? Good enough? I wanted a proper photobooth although can't find any around here :(

I was planning to get it for between ceremony and reception approx 2-3 hrs to go along with drinks and canapes so that no one gets bored in that time.

kate42

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 pm

We got our vintage photo booth from here:

http://www.retrophotobooth.com.au/

They are only available in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne.

It cost $1600 for delivery to McLaren Vale (about an hour outside of Adelaide), unlimited use for five hours, two attendants, and a keepsake book. What I did to justify the cost was make this our bonbonerie as well. We asked people to please take home their photos, as their souvenir from the night!

For me, it was absolutely and totally worth the money. I would do it all over again if I had to. For me personally, having the vintage photo booth really made a difference. The modern ones just don't look the same. The lighting is too harsh I think. At about 10pm we bought out a basket of props (masks, a fake veil and bouquet, hats, etc) and that made everyone want to have another round!

Highly recommend this company, I thought they were great. Thinking about getting them again for my 30th, if I can fit it into the budget :)

Here's a couple of examples of the end result:

GZIP: On | Load: 0.15