A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Robot_Movie

Re: Photobooth at wedding

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 am

I'll be doing this at our wedding, I think I've found a reasonably price photographer that does like a studio set up for 3 hours for like $500 with fun props, and we get ALL the high res files! Also a super fun slideshow :) (I was quoted $1500 for the boxy traditional kind!?) - here's the link if your interested - http://rachaelmuller.com/photobooth/

Ann28

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 am

If you can have your wedding on a week day you can save $$$ just get your guests to call in sick for work.
You can also save $$$ by haveing your photobooth with no attendent, this can save about $200.
http://www.behindthecurtains.com.au seems to be the best value for monney and they give you a free album and props.
If you get 1 make sure it prints double strips pre cut or it can be a pain in the bum hand cutting each photo

anaestmia

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I didn't know you could book these things.
If the cost is a bit much, why not just use a digital camera on a timer, print the photos at home and send them off with the thankyou notes.

Lovelyrain

Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 pm

youwontknow wrote:
Hey girls :D

Has anyone set up a fun photobooth at their wedding, with a backdrop, fun props etc., for the guests to have a good time? Or have you been to a wedding that had it?

I think it's such a fun idea and just wanted to hear some 'real life' experiences with it. Also, of course the photographer would hang around and take some of the photos, but for the photos the guests take themselves: disposable or polaroid? Polaroid is just a BIT expensive!
:heart:

Yea!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:30 am

I definitely want one but they are expensive. I've been quoted $1050 for 4 hours which includes unlimited photos, a guest book, strips for the guests and us and an attendant. It is pricey but I think it will add a really fun element to the wedding.

If anyone has any suggestions for a photo booth hire company in / around the Hunter Valley, please let me know.

Thanks

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 am

Hi All,

I just did a quick gogle search and saw these guys seem to do the country areas as well (at a price)

http://www.thephotoboothpeople.com.au/w ... booth.html

http://www.inthebooth.com.au/

just a thought as i know i ruled it out without looking into it being outside of metro.

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:29 am

FH and I are planning to this as well at our wedding date, but DIY, fortunately FH is also a wedding photographer so he has almost all the gears that we need. Hopefully I can contribute some of my experience in this in the future. :)

blackswan

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

We are paying $500 for our photographer Hilary Cam to set up a photo booth as a part of our photography package. It works out really good value as he has an assistant who runs the photo booth so he will keep shooting our guests at the reception so we will get late reception coverage also included in that price.

His booth includes a really cute set of vintage props, studio light set up and a laptop to see photos on the night. After the wedding we get prints of every photo, an online gallery, slideshow, jpg discs and they will put them on Facebook within 48 hours of the wedding. This was the cheapest and had the most inclusions of all the photobooth sites I looked into, plus his wedding photography is AMAZING so it was an easy decision for us. http://www.hilarycam.com.au/weddings/funbooth

sally31

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 pm

hi guys,

we had a photobooth at our wedding and it was terrific - our guests really enjoyed it, plus we had the CD of the pics + guestbook to keep which is funny to look back on!

we used http://www.snappyphotobooths.com.au and they were lovely to deal with and had some specials on offer at the time of booking (we got free photo strip frames!).

just be wary of the cheaper companies out there as we saw one at a friends wedding recently and it looked very unprofessional and flimsy...sometimes you get what you pay for!

:)

Emoji

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 am

joken_31 wrote:
we're having one at our wedding.

One thing to remember though is that it's lots of fun and people will LOVE it... and they will get LOUD.

I was at a wedding recently and most ppl were at the photo boooth instead of watching their first dance :S

I guess it's just how you manage it.

Not sure which company was used, but as a curtesy to the wedding couple, we close the photo booth during dances and speeches. UNLESS we are in a separate area where guests can use the booth discretely.

MattPalmer

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 am

We set up onsite studio lighting for 'photobooth' style images. The main thing is that by the time your reception is getting on, the first dance is done, your guests are a bit sick of being photographed in general. However if you have a photobooth, they will jump at the opportunity to pull the most ridiculous poses and expressions - and you'll even get the odd heartwarming photo in between.

It's a really good idea in my opinion if you want those shots.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14