A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

bonbonerie

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Hello Ladies, Just wanted to get everyones opinion on bonbonerie.. We are thinking of getting a picture frame, small/mini size and have each guest photo in it. That way it saves for name holders and acts as a gift for later.. what do you girls think of that??

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Re: bonbonerie

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm

I really like the idea of using the guest's photo as their name place card - just something a little different and quirky! As long you have reasonably nice photos of all your guests to use...

I'm not very sentimental so I probably don't appreciate the whole idea of bonbonerrie keepsakes (because I am likely to throw mine) but lots of guests will like this idea I think.

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:11 pm

It is a very cute idea to use a photo frame as the place card.

However, in my opinion, the frames are obviously going to be cheap, and won't look anything special at home on the mantle. If you keep something on display at home, you generally pay for something big and decorative. So while it is cute for the reception, I would not keep mine once I got home.
I hope I haven't offended you, was giving my honest opinion.

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:38 pm

No not at all.. Honestly after the wedding, if people keep it they keep them, if they don't I wont mind, and thanks for your honest opinion

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:38 pm

naomi_j86 wrote:

However, in my opinion, the frames are obviously going to be cheap, and won't look anything special at home on the mantle. If you keep something on display at home, you generally pay for something big and decorative. So while it is cute for the reception, I would not keep mine once I got home.

TBH I agree with naomi, unless you have a pretty big budget. The other thing too is I think you would have trouble getting good pics of each guest. I know I had enough trouble getting everybody's names (still don't know if I have spelt everybody correctly) & addresses!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
naomi_j86 wrote:

TBH I agree with naomi, unless you have a pretty big budget. The other thing too is I think you would have trouble getting good pics of each guest. I know I had enough trouble getting everybody's names (still don't know if I have spelt everybody correctly) & addresses!

I recieved a mini frame from a wedding a few years ago. I'm not a fan of keepsakes, and at the time, didn't think I'd use it, but it turned out to be the perfect size to keep a photo of FH on my work desk! So you never know!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 pm

We are doing this for our placecard holders and are also having a box full of sugared almonds and personalised M&Ms that will go behind the frame - all of it is the bonbon. Only kids won't get the frame - they will get a personalised activity bag full of goodies to keep them occupied.

After reviewing just about every option under the sun for bonbons this kept popping back up as the best for us.

These are ours: http://www.bonbonniere.com.au/index.php ... 9a1c17d7b9

And FYI $2.45 was the best price I could find them for and I hunted around a lot!

I had a look in the Ikea catalogue the other day and they have some pretty cheap frames that look like something you'd want in your house, some were like a pack of 2 for $3.99!

Some suggestions for you:
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70146240
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60167544
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60167327

Tarsha

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

We have just purchased our place card holders.....but where having the same dilemma. To be honest I think it's a lovely idea to have the photo frames with the guests photo in them, however I dont think I'd really like to take home a photo of myself as a momento of someone else's wedding.......also if the guest doesnt like the pic u have choosen of them, it may cause them to feel uncomfortable and/or angry if other guests ask to look at it (as we all do when theres photos around!)

We also thought of having a nice photo of ourselves in the frames for people to take home....but it still doesnt help with the persons name/identification being shown. It's a hard one, but I think it's best to steer clear oh photos in this manner.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 pm

We wanted to do this too as we're having a photo theme (we're both photographers, and we're having a photobooth at the wedding), but not with picturres of the guests, probably only used as place cards on the night, and then then they can put photos from the photobooth inside them when they get home. The problem I've had though is finding cheap frames. :( Like Emmylou said, the cheapest that seems to be around is $2.45, which is a bit pricey, even if we're only haveing 50 guests. Might have to opt for Ikea ones.

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:05 pm

We have changed our mind again, we are ditching the idea and now going for a lollie buffet.. too many family members werent so keen on the idea.. it kinda made FH change his mind ...

KellisPieces

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Just a thought about this, even though you have changed your minds, someone else might like it?
I personally wouldn't want a photo of myself to remember your wedding. How about a cute candid shot of you and your Fella holding a sign and just photoshop each persons name into the sign? A bit fiddly but it would probably be pretty cute?
That way they have mainly a photo of you guys to keep? You could do a couple of different poses so your guests that are part of a couple would have slightly different pictures each?

sally31

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

we used the photobooth frames for our wedding as a bonbonerie and got them from the place we hired our photobooth from, http://www.snappyphotobooths.com.au, i think they also sell them separately if you aren't using their photobooth. they were quite reasonable actually...good luck!

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 am

naomi_j86 wrote:

I'm going to add to this: Even if the frames don't look cheap, I don't need a picture of myself (and may not even like the one you picked of me) and those mini-frames are hard to fill.

Personally, I'd use my money otherwise.

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Just to throw my hat in the ring and add some more info on the topic, my fh got a frame and it just had his name in it in a nice font when he went to a mates wedding when we first starting dating. He put a photo of me in it and 3 years later- we're getting married! I think it shared the love of their wedding with us!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

miss_summer wrote:
Just to throw my hat in the ring and add some more info on the topic, my fh got a frame and it just had his name in it in a nice font when he went to a mates wedding when we first starting dating. He put a photo of me in it and 3 years later- we're getting married! I think it shared the love of their wedding with us!

Well that is a lovely story :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11