A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Silk / Real Touch flowers - Show your bouquets & supplier

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Girls,

My current debate is Real vs Silk/Real touch/faux bouquets.

If you have had any experiences (good or bad) please leave your comments. If you have had false bouquets please share your photos.

I want false bouquets, but its just convincing the skeptical...

Please help

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Silk / Real Touch flowers - Show your bouquets & supplier

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:12 pm

I used Loveflowers,

Though i'm having trouble re-sizing my photos to add.

I found Miranda really easy to deal with & she had a really good range of flowers to choose from. The best bit was i could go to her studio & we sat down & had a play with the flowers to figure out what looked best.

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm going through loveflowers to get my flowers at the moment.

I have to second KCupcake21 - Miranda is just wonderful to deal with. I could not recommend her more highly.

I've been doing all mine online as I live too far from her shop in Qld. I've found the online chat with Miranda great, and the quotes are so quick. i've heard nothing but good things about her flowers.

I'm just about to order mine, so I'll let you know what they are like when i get them.

nicolegodley

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi,
I'm ordering mine from an online china-wholesale website. it's going to cost about $100 for mine and 4 small ones and the beauty of it is...if they aren't that great I can just have them in the house and get them from a better supplier. Getting them well in advanced (5 months before our big day) is going to help too :)
http://www.dhgate.com/hot-sale-tulle-wr ... 34caf.html
http://www.dhgate.com/hot-sale-elegant- ... 11f4a.html

AliceC

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Kylie,

As Nicole rightly pointed out, sourcing these items from overseas can get you both quality as well as substantial savings too.

I work with a lot of suppliers and manufacturers in China through my job (at Alibaba.com), and I believe you'd find some good quality Flowers and Bouquets very cheap by doing some thorough research. My advice would be to keep searching online, and start to contact some of the suppliers on your short list. That way you can talk about their products and ask for specific details or order a sample so that you can determine the quality first hand and make sure it meets your standards.

Doing this research will also help prevent you falling victim to scammers as you will fairly quickly determine the trustworthiness of your suppliers simply by getting to know them.

Hope this helps! If you'd like to know anything else just let me know.

Xanthe

Chickenlady

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:35 pm

hi all, i bought some a set of flowers for the bridal table... i added a few tulips to touch up the color... they are made from silk.. can you please give me some opinions does it look ok??

my wedding is in may 2012.. so if it doesnt look real enough.. i can always change to real flowers... any opinions good or bad is appreciated!! thanks

some close up ones!

JDGrumbles
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:33 pm

I ordered my flowers from the below mentioned supplier. I provided her with some pics of what i wanted and she made them perfectly to the pictures. She was great with communication and i believe pretty reasonably priced. they were easy to travel with and well packaged when received (i had a destination wedding so took them in the box i received them in on the plane).

They were also VERY hard to tell they were fake. Our photographer didn't even realise until she picked them up to smell them and they had no smell!! i was very impressed with her work. We currently still have these (my girls play "wedding" with them) which was also another reason for getting them.

These are the ones i got (pics below of actual flowers - these are the photographers pics of them)

Mine had 5 oriental lillies plus roses, my BH had 3 oriental lillies plus roses, and my 2 flowergirls had 1 oriental lilly plus roses

Supplier Details:
Adrianna
Events by Flowers & Cakes
http://www.eventsbyflowers.com.au

Hope this may be of help to someone

Chickenlady

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:03 pm

this is the silk bouquet i got .. (i went to hk and I bought a set)
instead of purple, i got light pink/fushcia tulips to match my theme color

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:06 pm

I went with fake flowers - they are real-touch lillies and silk roses with ivy. They looked AMAZING, even better than they do in the photos!!!

Everyone thought they were real - my friends didn't belive me that they were fake until they came over and saw them in a vase and touched them.

I bought them from ebay from this seller --> justparadise888

She did an awesome job! She will customise a listing for you if you like - she is very easy to deal with and very obliging - if she doesn't have a listing to suit just email her and she can put one together for you.

I highly recommend her!!!!!!!!!!!

tear-drop and round.jpg

Close up.jpg

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 pm

I went through http://www.artificialweddingbouquets.com.au/ and they were amazing, she is even located in Australia, Some photos...
My Bouquet

BM bouquet

and all them together

:)

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 pm

These are the flowers I've gotten from floral land on ebay. The bouquets are latex and the roses are silk. When they're in person you honestly can't tell the difference unless you're up close and touching them and even then the latex feel real.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Flower-Land

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMG_2041.JPG

shellfisch
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I am using Silky Blooms in Brisbane. She is lovely and I got a few quotes so know she is well priced.

I don't get my bouquets til Feb but have seen the flowers and they look very real.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:25 am

I went for the opposite approach! I was horrified at the cost my bouquet alone would be and decided to go fake, bit I thought if I'm gonna do fake I'll do obviously fake!I bought a heap of foam roses for bm's bouquets and combined them with my ownhandmade flowers made from satin, lace, crystals and fake pearls. Very etsy ish. Then I made my bouquet with some silk roses and some flowers from a wedding I was a bm in that were beautiful quality but also fake and combined them with my handmade ones. All up for everything the flowers were around $100. We have decided to go real for fh's and gm's buttonholes. I suggest check out etsy for some shabby chic bouquets

Melz4d
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Ford-119.jpg
Lilies and Lace did mine and people were shocked to hear they were fake.

GApro87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm using botanical designs.

http://www.botanicaldesigns.com.au

I believe they are based in Canberra. Diane is amazing and the flowers are a great price (a bit cheaper than loveflowers but great quality...I still have my BM bouquet from a friend's wedding two years ago). I have a photo of my bouquet in my S&T.

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 pm

millie wrote:
I went for the opposite approach! I was horrified at the cost my bouquet alone would be and decided to go fake, bit I thought if I'm gonna do fake I'll do obviously fake!I bought a heap of foam roses for bm's bouquets and combined them with my ownhandmade flowers made from satin, lace, crystals and fake pearls. Very etsy ish. Then I made my bouquet with some silk roses and some flowers from a wedding I was a bm in that were beautiful quality but also fake and combined them with my handmade ones. All up for everything the flowers were around $100. We have decided to go real for fh's and gm's buttonholes. I suggest check out etsy for some shabby chic bouquets

would love to see some photos

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Ok so here are my flowers.
http://www.silksareforever.com/flowers/ ... id-bouquet

They are O/S but great with service.
i got 2 different types and split up the bouquets to make my own. They are quite small.

Chickenlady

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

JessieK wrote:
These are the flowers I've gotten from floral land on ebay. The bouquets are latex and the roses are silk. When they're in person you honestly can't tell the difference unless you're up close and touching them and even then the latex feel real.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Flower-Land

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMG_2041.JPG

i drove all the way to their shop/warehouse.. it was far... anyway the latex ones are the best!!! u could not tell they were fake! amazing.

Chickenlady

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm

kylie4702 wrote:
Ok so here are my flowers.
http://www.silksareforever.com/flowers/ ... id-bouquet

They are O/S but great with service.
i got 2 different types and split up the bouquets to make my own. They are quite small.

Hi kylie, did you buy the bouquet in a pack of four?!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Got the cream bunches of 6 and purple bunches of 6. The purple are far better quality and are more "real touch" although the cream ones with other colors would work well as filler flowers.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08