Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

DIY bouquet...did anyone do it?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Did anyone make their own bouquet?

If yes, can you post some photo's?

How did you do it? when did you get your flowers and where from? and when did you make them, ie, day before the wedding?

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: DIY bouquet...did anyone do it?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:59 pm

have a look in my HOF - I made mine. It was fairly easy and sooo much cheaper. Some other ladies are planning on doing it too - see this tread for more about this.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 am

This was mine - cream, pink and white peonies and roses with crystals and pearls.

I made it from crepe paper and decorative paper with bamboo skewers, floral wire, floral tape and plastic and foam bouquet holders.. not to mention LOTS of hot glue. I had to make three bouquets, plus cake flowers, buttonholes and table decorations. I started about three months before the wedding and spent many hours getting it all wrong before I started to get it right.

I would only recommend it if you REALLY want to do it and have a truckload of patience.. and lots of craft supplies :)

michelle1089

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 pm

hiya!

im planning on making mine im pretty sure! we are going for a sort of aclice in wonderland theme, sort of, and i have been making giant flowers for decorations but now i am thinking of making two or three of these on a stalk for a bouquet! they are about 20-25cm accross! they look so real but they also look papery enough that you know that theyre not real! they only take about 15-20 mins to make!

ow.JPG
Last edited by michelle1089 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:06 am

I'm hoping to do my own. Will be visiting Sydney Flower Markets and watching an awful lot of youtube clips on how to do it as well as i possibly can..

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

flowerpower82, youtube will be my guide as well!! have you already attempted to make a bouquet? I tried and it wasn't so bad but I didn't have the utensils to wrap it all up, so I'll try again a month before the wedding.. make sure you post some photo's :)

michelle1089, did you make that flower?? that looks amazing!! where did you learn to do that?

zenyatta your bouquet looks so professional, did you practise heaps beforehand?

michelle1089

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:18 pm

yeah I actually did it myself!

Im planning to make these for my wedding for the decorations down the isle but they turned out so great I'm pretty sure my bridesmaids will be carrying a few down the isle!!

I learnt from a few online blogs and sort of merged them all together to make something amazing. I'm going to upload some pictures of the process for a few girls when i make the next few so that you can see how theyre done!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Mjulz87 wrote:
zenyatta your bouquet looks so professional, did you practise heaps beforehand?

Yes, the first one I did was pretty sloppy - threw most of the flowers out and started again. I started about three months out, and glad I did because I was still working on them until 2 nights before the wedding!

michelle1089

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

hi guys, i have uploaded a tutorial to make the cool paper flowers that i made!! have a look here :)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=136137

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:10 pm

fantastic!! thanks michelle1089 x

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Slightly off topic, but did anyone notice that the groom in last week's Don't Tell the Bride made the bouquets? There was a scene showing the groom and best man with buckets of cut flowers in clear plastic, then the next scene showed them holding loose flowers while the groom answered the phone - I assume they did the bouquets by themselves! The end product - large posies of cream pink and lavender roses with white ribbon wrapped around the stems looked really good!

If the blokes could do it, it can't be that hard!! (well, not if you keep it simple I guess!)

Ps: I made my bouquets with silk roses, it was fairly easy and took about a couple of hours all up.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah I noticed that too gdemon! Maybe one of them was secretly a florist lol

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm

I had a go today. It cost me $68 and took about an hour.

bouquetpractice1.jpg
bouquetpractice2.jpg
bouquetpractice5.jpg

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm

That looks pretty good!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:05 pm

misteri82 wrote:
That looks pretty good!

Thanks! It's not perfect underneath, but I reckon it will be OK on the day!

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 am

I want to make my own bouquet, as I live just around the corner from the flower markets, but I am concerned if I do them the day before they will wilt (I am having summer wedding) but on the day I will be too rushed. I have been warned by one of the few people I know that to make the bouquets yourself the day of the wedding is crazy? Has anyone done that?

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 am

Definitely do them the day before! Most florists will make them 1 or even 2 days before.
Depends what flowers you are using as to how they will last??
Some flowers are better suited to a bridie holder where they are sitting in an oasis ball with water. Otherwise natural stems kept in a vase/bucket will work. You can always do the ribbon on the day so it doesn't go soggy!

I'm a florist and wouldn't want to be doing flowers on my own wedding day!

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks Lanta Bride! I do think I may just turn the responsibility of the bouquets and corsages etc over to a florist and maybe just do the reception flowers myself. We just want loose stems in makeshift vases just to add some colour to the room, so will most likely wander down to the flower market the day before and buy a heap and keep them in buckets until the morning of. Its and evening wedding and we have a bigger bridal party so it should be doable!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 am

I made a felt bouquet :)

PVThree

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:21 am

My cousin did!
I don't have a picture but this one is similar! She made it with ribbons (fabric ones)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15