A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsWoodsToBe
Topic Author

Gathering photos after the wedding - ideas??

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Last edited by MrsWoodsToBe on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Gathering photos after the wedding - ideas??

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

An idea I saw somewhere was to put blank DVDs on the tables at the reception with a little note asking for people to copy their photos onto the discs and mail them to the married couple.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:41 pm

I vote Dropbox for sharing photos. There was one cousin whose photos I was really keen to get so I just gave her the password to my Dropbox to upload the photos to.

I reckon just set up a dropbox account with generic login/password, then give everyone the account details so they can log in and upload from home. the website is really very easy to use - once you log in you just have to drag your folder of photos from the desktop/documents folder into the webpage in the browser itself and it starts uploading them automatically.

The trick is reminding/getting people to upload their photos. I suspect you might have more luck emailing the upload instructions/reminders to your guests say 2 weeks after the wedding than relying on little business cards at the reception that they might just drop into their bags and forget about.

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:41 pm

+1 to DropBox :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14