A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

fionaharding
Topic Author

Free Destination Wedding Photography

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 am

Hello, I'm Fiona and I'm currently seeking some willing participants. I will document your day from start to finish, edit all the photos from the day and then provide you with the high resolution images you'll be able to create print from.

Why?
To put it simply, I need help expanding my portfolio and I'm a strong believer in following your dreams and 2013 seems like the dream year.

Please PM me for more details
HAPPY 2013
-Fiona

MattPalmer

Re: Free Destination Wedding Photography

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 am

Hi Fiona,

You should try connecting with some wedding photographers in your area as a second shooter. Your enthusiasm is great but there are a lot of intangible things about wedding photographer that are hard to know if you jump straight in. Simple things like being insured if someone trips over you during the day and sues you for medical expenses. It may be far fetched but these are the things that can make sure your business never happens if they do occur.

You'll also get the opportunity to learn from someone who has realized the dream you have and has great experience and tips on how to get there.

If you aren't prepared to work for anyone else then I recommend a) valuing your own work if you want others to value it and b) handling expectations because this could end up being a bit of a disaster regardless of how talented a photographer you are.

Take care and good luck with your dreams.

fionaharding
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks Matt, for your feedback, it was very well said. I'm currently partnering with a fantastic Brisbane photographer to be their second shooter. I've extensively looked into insurance though only being a second shooter at this stage, I don't currently require it. I would absolutely not shoot a wedding, on my own, without it. I appreciate immensely the trust someone has to put in a photographer to capture their day and in the end this decision will always be at the discretion of the individual hiring the photographer. I can only say I put my heart into my photography and to offer my photography out there :)

By the way, Brisbane is a small World isn't it? I remember bumping into you at a Speak Out gathering, my partner at the time worked for the company. I cannot forget your iconic threadless images either. I had a look at your photography portfolio, stunning images :)

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.
-Fiona

MattPalmer

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

I thought your name seemed a bit familiar ;)

Speak Out, that's going back some time! great place though and great organization.

I am glad to hear you've found an awesome photographer to work with and hope you learn a whole heap. If you ever want to talk shop feel free to get in touch, I'm on facebook and all that =P

Take care,
Matt

fionaharding
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Matt :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12