A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Matt&nae
Topic Author

Wedding album advice

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

So we had our photographers booked and they've had to cancel due to health reasons. They were a retired couple working from there home so they were cheaper than your studios. This is making it hard to find a photographer in the same price range. Has any one taken their high-res discs and had a wedding album made up down the track? Any advice would be more than greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :)

S&A

Re: Wedding album advice

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Nothing wrong with it. You always can print an album when you have the high res pictures. When you are on a budget you can always try to opt out of the album or prints when it is included in the package. You could always do a cheaper album yourself and save for the luxury version ... but you will never be able to recreate the photos.

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:18 am

Yes we had another photographer make our album from the hi res images. I just shopped around, got quite a few quotes and had quite a few knock backs from people who weren't willing to quote me. Then I selected a photographer who was happy to work with our images and within our budget.
I ended up falling in love with the queensberry range of albums so we went with one of those, the quality was awesome.

Maybe you could firstly work out your budget and style of album you want and then contact some local photographers to ask for a quote? good luck :)

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:48 am

I did my own using Mojo Pro after the wedding. I got copies of everyone photos and made it all about the day as our photographer stayed only for the ceremony, after photos and cake cutting.

I also got to play with the Images, add in words and have fun with it. My MIL adores it and asked for a copy (which I will do as Mojo Pro has another special on using Our Deals). Since it was my wedding album I paid for high quality paper, padded box to keep it in and extra pages.

Matt&nae
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. So Sharali, is this mojo pro reasonably priced?

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 pm

They are, but when deals are on you get about 50 - 70% off which is a big saver. I paid all up about $80 (including postage) for my album that if I hadn't had the discount would have cost over $200. If you start keeping an eye out 2 -3 months before the wedding for them, and then look for one with another 2 - 3 months after the wedding to allow you time to do it properly.

I was really happy with the quality of the product and have shown it off heaps. They are also very helpful if you have a question.

I haven't had any experience with any other photobook companies so I can't comment on others.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08