Wow I can't believe I can finally post here.. I always used to read the advice from other brides and I do believe that it helped.
However... these are my two cents
1. No matter how much rest to try to get (good advice from Soni@) you will still be absolutley SHATTERED after the day. It took both of us 4 days to recover! So plan those days after with minimal activites, or have ones where you do nothing
2. All those little things that you think no one will notice ARE totally worth it! I loved the little things that made our day personal.. not everyone noticed but my DH did and so did my MIL and my MOH (and of course me!)
3. Some things the guys just don't get (this relates to the above). But do them anyway - I totally stayed up till really late at night buying these little things on Etsy and Ebay etc and didn't tell DH about half of them.. he would have a dig at me because guys just don't get these things. However he came up to me on the night, gave me a kiss and said "I'm sorry for hassling you about buying all these little things, they really made a difference and you were right" - So you have my permissiong to shop away ladies !!
4. The list of vendors that you print out, make sure you give a list to your FH... then actually remind him about it and make sure he understands what it is for! I gave a list to my DH just in case, we had a minor issue with our venue the morning of the wedding and DH needed the numbers of the florist and the caterer... he rang my BM (too scared to ring me!) however it was something only I could solve "Darling do you remember that list that I gave you a couple of nights ago with all the names and numbers of the vendors? Well you better find it as that's what I gave it to you for!" - where was it.. in the study where I left it! GRRR MEN!?
5. Be prepared to have at least one Bridezilla moment (I had 2) on the last couple of weeks before the big day. People will forgive you so don't stress too much about these moments
6. Use your wedding as an excuse to get out of anything you don't want to do or attend in those last few weeks - works a charm and no one argues (I used the wedding excuse to avoid a Thermomix (?) party, netball game and work function
7. Some one with blow you away with their behaviour. In my case it was two people - my kids. They were perfect!! I was so worried (about my 3yr old son inparticular) that I had warned the photographer, celebrant and my family that he wouldn't play along but he did everything he was supposed to do and more. He walked down the aisle holding my hand then took his sisters hand at the top of the carpet and they both walked perfectly to the end and stood next to the bridesmaids. My daughter was really good all morning as well - although she did talk all our ears off
Well I think thats me done...