A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cathinqld
Super Mummy
Super Mummy

Thu May 24, 2007 10:58 am

We have just decided to give incense and incense holders as our bonbonierie's, I just brought the incense in bulk of ebay, this is the incense that we burn at our home and it cost around $50 for enough to give everyone 5 sticks each, I plan to wrap the incense in clear celophane like a bon bon and then tie them on to a woden incense holder with gold stars on it found them on the net for $2.50 each, so tie them on with some charcoal ribbon to tie in with our colors, we are going to get stickers made that say thankyou our names and the date on them you can get 300 stickers for $10, and thats it done incense is something both my fionce and i are obsessed with our house always smells like this particular incense so we thought it was a pretty good idea, ad it works out to be about $3 a head which for 140 people is not to bad, we ceratinly could not justify spending 5 or more a head

Tracie

Mon May 28, 2007 8:13 pm

We are having a themed wedding - caesars palace, so our bonboniere are ancient roman coins, can get off ebay for about $1...works out very cheap.

Periwinkle Events

Re: Post your bombinere ideas here

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 pm

We had personalised champagne glasses and beer mugs for bridal party and family. They were laser engraved with there name and position, our names and date of wedding. The rest of the guests got a perosnalised stubbie.

If I was to do it again tho, I'd want a lolly buffet!

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 am

Periwinkle Events wrote:
We had personalised champagne glasses and beer mugs for bridal party and family. They were laser engraved with there name and position, our names and date of wedding. The rest of the guests got a perosnalised stubbie.

If I was to do it again tho, I'd want a lolly buffet!

Where abouts did you get them from?
We are looking at having something similar..

nomesy
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 am

woooo i think im the first one to say this!!! lol

were getting these love heart Italian chocolates that are sugar coated(like the almonds), there really yummy! and something different, and there not going to melt which is great!!! where getting them in white and also blue :)
weve got square pieces of tuile, were using to put our bonbineres in and using a ribbon thats a blue/aqua.turqouise kinda colour.

charmaine.s

Fri May 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Im thinking about giving potted lavender or herb (lavender would probably fit in with colour scheme as BM wearing purple). Was thinking either terracotta pots with the rim painted in blackboard paint so we can chalk their names on it so it serves as a placecard as well or using galvonised pots and having a sign sitting in the soil with their name on it. Only thing is Im thinking it might work out costly and time consuming :? But im thinking it would look fantastic on the tables!

Spanna500

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:40 pm

we are having little bride and groom boxes filles with hersheys kisses and held together with personalised ribbon. its taken me ALLLLLL morning (and yep its new years day) but they are done!

Future_lms

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 am

At the moment the idea is for a cookie buffet. My mum and nan are going to make a type each, I'm probably going to bake choc chip cookies and this bakery does these really cute bride and groom cookies which I was thinking of getting as well

deadlys

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:01 am

I have bought small clear boxes from eBay, and we are going to fill them with M&M's and tie a white ribbon around them. I love M&M'S so if they get left behind, I'll get to eat them. Plus it might be hot when we get married so figure these might not melt as quickly as other chocolate things.

Lovelyrain

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Unique ideas!

Olive182

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 am

We're having personlaised M&M's - I got them in the mail earlier this week, I was kind of stressing about them getting here in one piece, but they look perfect! Pink, Purple and Blue M&M's with 4 different designs (a Thank You, a picture of the groom and I, love hearts and our names and date details) and the trademark M on the back. :) They'll be going into some cute little containers with a clear lid and a little tag with a thank you note.

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 am

My FH and I are big readers, so we are going to have second hand books in our centrepieces and on each table a sign in a frame that says "Thank you so much for being a part of our story, please take one of your own" and in the inside cover of each book write a little thank you note.

We hope to get books that mean something to us, like the book we were reading when we met ect and include those details in the note.

We're going to get the books from the Lifeline Bookfest, so the money we spend on our favours/ centrepieces is also going back to help charity (FH and I both have work for NFP so this too is really important to us).

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Slinky wrote:
We are just doing a lolly buffet.

So are we !

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Slinky! We considered a Lolly Buffet, but not too many of our guests are sweet tooths! Mum and I are the only ones!

We were originally going to just make a donation to charity, but this way the guest still get a little token, we get to give some money to charity and I don't have to worry about having my centrepieces packed up at the end of the night!

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 am

Hi everyone

The bomboniere for my wedding firstly is the photo booth where guests are able to immediately take copies of images in the photo booth. The other bomboniere is we are each deciding on one charity organization that we feel strongly about. For my FH is the cancer council as his family have a long history with cancer. And for my family it is heart disease. So we have decided to donate to charity and give our guests lapel pins that you buy from the charity. This is not a cheaper option as it is very costly but I couldn't think of a better way to spend the money rather than on something with no meaning that will collect dust for many years.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13