A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

C
I survived and got married

Re: Bon Bon Ideas

Fri May 13, 2005 2:23 pm

missyc wrote:
I am liking the idea of the small noodle boxes but was after some suggestions on something a little bit different to put inside them (instead of chocolates)
does anyone have any suggestions?

We had an Oriental theme. We put a teacup, and a small bag of jasmine tea in them.

Chocolat
Goddess of God
Goddess of God

Fri May 13, 2005 2:38 pm

We don't really like the idea of bonbonniere (I will edit what my FH said to say he thought it was a bit of a waste of money!), but if we did anything, here's an idea stolen from my best friend...

They had two bowls of M&Ms on each table, and each chair (seats weren't allocated, you were just allocated a table), was a 'pass it on' card.

Pass-it-ons are a fairly common thing in Christian bookstores. Basically they have an inspirational verse or poem (like Footprints for example), on the front, and somewhere to write a note on the back (they're probably about 8cm x 4cm in diameter). They just put a simple thank you message on the back of each one. They got them printed at a nearby bookstore for about .50c each I think - and they were really beautiful...

Sasch

maseygirl

Mon May 16, 2005 9:22 pm

We are going to have stubby holders for the guys, but for the girls I am not too sure maybe having oriental fans, because it will be hot, as we are getting married in Port Douglas... The other option was champange glasses with their names engraved on them.. Not sure yet, the girls are difficult.

amsmeq

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:32 pm

Both my FH and i have a history of cancer and motor neurone disease in our family so we are giving the guests charity wristbands like the 'Live strong' ones. They will alternate cancer then MND etc etc

So that the guest still have some choccies we are using a mix of Jellybeans, smarties, snakes and jaffas as confetti on the tables

Eleana

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but...

Found cute 50ml clear heart shaped bottles at a store for $1.95 ea. I needed about 65, so I made some phone calls and found the exact same bottles (only 100ml) in Sydney for 91c ea. I ordered my 65, and the company is only charging me $14 to have a courier deliver them to my house. Found a wine equipment company selling dirt cheapcorks to fit. If I want to pretty them up a little, will probably just go to Spotlight and get a few metres of ribbon.

The same company happens to sell bath salts (1kg for $3) so I am going to buy some of that, some oils and colour and make up my own bath salts to put in the jars.

Will use leadlight paint to make little plastic plates to stick to the front of the jars, with each guests name in them so they double as place cards.

Mrs O
Doddles
Doddles

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:08 am

Elena I want pics when it's done :)

Sounds pretty and practical. You are a creative chicky ain't you?

Eleana

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:50 pm

Mrs O wrote:
Elena I want pics when it's done :)

Sounds pretty and practical. You are a creative chicky ain't you?

lol, sometimes. Today I went and bought 8 x 350ml bottles from the reject shop ($1.50 ea), some rock salt, epsom salt, food colouring and essential oil. I made up all 8 jars and they look unreal!!! I just wanted to do a test run to see if I could actually make nice bath salts and I cant believe how easy it was. I tested some out in the bath and the entire bathroom smelt good enough to eat.

Cant wait to get my jars delivered!!

JFo
It's the vintage Pignet!
It's the vintage Pignet!

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:29 pm

I love the heart shaped silver wine bottle stoppers (some of the girls have shown them here), but they are a bit over my budget of $3 ea. Anyone know of any cheapies?

PS Im so craving a meringue pig....

NatureBride

Our favours

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 am

My partner came up with the idea that we're going with. We're going to buy one or two Oxfam Unwrapped gifts (from http://www.oxfam.org.au) and putting the cards that they give you to give to the gift recipient on the tables. They're 10-28 dollars each, so we're only doing table presents, but it will still add up to the same we were budgeting for bonbonniere anyway. We're very happy with the idea as we're doing something good in affiliation with our big day and giving our guests something to talk about. Not everyone's cup of tea, but we love it.

Vladsgirl

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:22 pm

I REALLY like this idea. Thanks for sharing and for the website! I really appreciate it!

CathBarbie

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:32 pm

We have designed a logo using our initials, got them made into little silver stickers and but them on crystal glasses. Each glass will have a fancy chocolate inside, and a ribbon around the bottom with a little thank you note attached.

Riesling
Drunken Wee Lass
Drunken Wee Lass

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:24 am

Went to a wedding just this last weekend that I thought had a really interesting idea for favours/placecards.

At each place setting was a one folded card with the guest's name printed boldly on the front. A ribbon went around and through the middle of the card lengthways, and on the ribbon they had attached a tiny pastry cutter shape. (I think mine was in the shape of a lightbulb or pear!?)
Anyways, on the inside of the folded card was printed a recipe for a type of pie and each guest had a different recipe. Mine was Chicken and Vegetable Pie, others I saw were: Pumpkin Pie, Bacon and Egg Pie, Blueberry Pie, Apple Pie, Steak and Kidney Pie, Spinach Potato and Fetta Pie...

I thought it was such a cool idea, since I love cooking and all, and I think the rest of guests thought it was quite novel too.

Just thought I'd share... :wink:

Renza
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:34 pm

This is ours. Our theme is based around FISH, the bride fish is white choc and the groom is milk and they are kissing. They are presented in a box with a clear plastic lid.

I really like the couples that use the opportunity of the bomboniere to give to charity's, it's fantastic.

[/img]

Renza
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Pic didn't attach sorry.

Neetles
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:31 pm

I went to the coolest wedding , instead of chocolate or anything all the guys got a little plaster statue of one of the seven dwarfs (disney) and all the women got a tiny little terracotta pot with a herb in it. Thin mint, thyme, parsley.

It was just so unsual and it was so funny seeing fully grown men switching dwafs with other men because they didn't want to be Doc they wanted to be dopy.

JodieR
Alluring Princess
Alluring Princess

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:54 pm

Here's a couple of suggestions I've just added to my site:

Page 2 & 3 http://www.alluringfashions.com/MIBG-Gifts2.html

something a little different. :wink:

Oops... all the descriptions didn't fit in the box... To see full description and prices go to the link above. Soz about that :oops:

leannef28
Princess Bear
Princess Bear

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:16 pm

This is what we had. The tins I got from Ikea (3 for $2) and the jelly beans my SIL organised for me off some website.

PrincessA
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:14 am

I'm going to be making white origami boxes out of a thick card and filling them up with mints and put a thin layer of green paper around it like a ribbon and then attach the persons name place tag so it can be 2 things.

When I make them I will post a picture but ive still got plenty of time so havnt started doing them.

LRN&ADM
Everyone pretend to be normal!
Everyone pretend to be normal!

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:10 am

We are having the medium size noodle boxes with tissue paper on the bottom and three individually wrapped Tim Tams inside (our favorite choc treat). With pink crochering string wraped around about five times tied in a small knot ontop, with a matching pink thank you card on the front reading "Thank you for sharing our wedding day! Adam and Lauren May 5th 2007."

All up about $1.20 for each completed box. I hunted around and got everything discouted :!:

MellyB
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm

We're having ivory organza bags with ferrero rocher and raffelo chocolates in them. I've had to leave the choccies at Mum's so that I don't eat them!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07