A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LRN&ADM
Everyone pretend to be normal!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:21 pm

^^^^CRAWFORD: I don't now how to do that quote thing but the tags you asked about were from a lady of ebay called saln78.

You pick a flower, what you want to say, font and colour and she does them up for you. They were 20 cards for $5.00 with $1.50 postage. She has a lot of other stationary stuff too. I love them too. So cute.

Jamee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:36 am

i went to a gorgeous wedding last night and i have to share what they gave the female guests ..they had little silver measuring spoons in a set of 4 on a ring..it was boxed and on the outside it said a 'a recipe for marriage' and the spoons said things like 'a pinch of humour', 'a spoonful of laughter' 'a heap of love etc
i thought it was such a good idea..the older ladies especially loved them...apparently they got them off the net somewhere

FunStuff
I need a title
I need a title

Cool idea

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Looking through ebay for some ideas tonight - what did I come across... personalised labels for tic tacs. How cute.

Princess AJ
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:58 pm

^^^^ Oh how cute!!!!! Although, i wonder if the guests would think that you're giving them tic tacs for their bad breath lol!!!

Mikeys Angel
Dazzling Diva
Dazzling Diva

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:07 pm

PrincessA wrote:
I saw on a bonbonaire website miniture port glasses and they were $5.95 each, but i'm making them for around $2.50 each - found the glasses in a dollar shop for $1, tulle for 25c and not sure how much the alonds will be.

I can't seem to post the pic :(

hey Princess A which dollar shop did u find these minature port glasses in, I have been looking everywhere for cheaper glasses and cant find them any where :cry: The cheapest i found was 2.50 a glass

siliegrrl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:29 pm

I just thought of a great idea that I want to do but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off, mainly because of cost.

I thought it would be great if you could get a photographer to take a picture of all the couples/famailies and then when the guests are having their meal, the photographer has a laptop and printer set up somewhere and prints out all the photos and then puts them in a photframe in the shape of a love heart or wedding related theme and then give each guest their own personalised bonbonaire!

It would be so cool to do this but to pay a photographer to hang around that long, to get them to actually do it AND the cost of the frames would be crazy.

I'm going to look into it anyway :lol:

Jamee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:35 pm

thats a really good idea...but the photographer part would be hard..
instead of getting your actual wedding photographer to do those photos, maybe see if you can get an amateur/or someone doing a photography course..maybe try at a tafe?

siliegrrl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:58 pm

I work at a university/TAFE and I have asked a couple of friends in thier respective departments to see if there are any good students who are looking to build up their portfolio or a teacher who would do this as a hobby to try cut on costs and negotiate what I want exactly so if that pans out, I will definitly try and keep this idea on the table. Getting nice photo frames at a reasonable price could be hard and also the whole logisitcs of making sure everyones photo etc is taken. COuld be a big job but I'm hopeful :D

Princess AJ
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Or.... you could tee up someone beforehand to take a nice shot of the two of you after the ceremony and print those out and your tag on their gift could read "thankyou for being part of our special day"...??

Pookie7

Nice bombinere idea

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:07 pm

My best friend got married a couple of months ago and for her bombinere she gave everyone a photo frame with their names and date of the wedding engraved on it. The guy that engraved them did an unreal job, he also engraved their wedding rings - they looked so good!!

If anyone is interested in engraving, I can ask my friend what his name and contact details are.

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:20 am

what great ideas....

bel1981

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:20 pm

I am getting married in Sept 2007 in the Whitsundays and I want to keep with the beach theme. I am after little deck chairs with a tea light in the seat. They probably stand about 10 cms high but they are so cute!! I've been looking on the net but I can't seem to find any :cry: . If any of you come across them in your travels, can you let me know???

ninjagirl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:54 pm

I've decided to have small boxes with about 3 chocolate truffles in them. With a note on the box saying " thankyou for sharing this special day with us" and our names and date of wedding.

I'll be making the truffles myself got this great recipe from the internet :D

Naomi
The Gnome Queen
The Gnome Queen
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:19 pm

bel1981 wrote:
I am getting married in Sept 2007 in the Whitsundays and I want to keep with the beach theme. I am after little deck chairs with a tea light in the seat. They probably stand about 10 cms high but they are so cute!! I've been looking on the net but I can't seem to find any :cry: . If any of you come across them in your travels, can you let me know???

There are these ones that have a picture space
http://www.cloudnineweddingstore.com/prod158.htm

This is an American company but you should be able to import them quite easily and quickly :D
http://www.weddingstyle.ca/detailview/F ... Holder.htm

Here is an AUSTRALIAN COMPANY that has what you are looking for :D :D
http://www.bochel.com.au/xcart/product. ... 16357&js=n

Radge

My Favors

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm in the process of making my favors which double as placemats with names. They're drawings of mine made into placemats, i think they look pretty funky, and no single one will be the same.

LRN&ADM

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 pm

Radge: they are lovely. I wish I was that creative!

Princess Bee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:55 am

We are having little silver boxes with 4 pink and silver chocolate cadbury hearts in them. and the box will be wrapped in pink paper over the centre with a thankyou note on them about $2 each.

Beeka

Fri May 04, 2007 11:33 am

i am having glass coasters, with an insert that will be used as the place card, as well as having a thank you.
i will sit a chocolate on the side for colour, this saved me quite a bit and i thought it was a great idea all for $3.80
i dont know how to add the pic in soz, here is the site
http://www.essentric.com.au[/url][/quote]

Miss_Mojo
Addicted To Wedding Planning
Addicted To Wedding Planning

Tue May 08, 2007 1:05 pm

We are having shot glasses with something written on them. Probably our names and the date of the wedding. We are then going to use them for the wedding toast and have everyone toast with a shot of ouzo. I love the idea and I am hoping to keep my greek rellos happy as well :D

mumof2kids

bonbonniere ideas

Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 pm

I have heard of a cute idea for bonbonniere presents that is not too badly priced: Using a teaspoon and a few red foil lip chocolates (available at most chocolate shops) wrap it up with cellophane and a ribbon with a matching tag saying "A spoonful of kisses from the new Mr and Mrs"
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11