fuchsiastar

Re: bridalgown.net

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:52 pm

thanks girls i just love it :D :D :D :D :D

jerseyrose im sure you will get your dress soon... the wait is sooooo worth it

biddy

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 am

I bought my gown from bridalgown.net also and now Im stressing out because I think I need a swatch of my fabric before I lock in my colours. Its Allure 8634 in the gold/ivory (so its not just a plain white). Any thoughts on how I can go about this?
My wedding is March next year so I have to get my behind in gear and do my bridesmaids...AAAHHHH!!!

fuchsiastar

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm

biddy wrote:
I bought my gown from bridalgown.net also and now Im stressing out because I think I need a swatch of my fabric before I lock in my colours. Its Allure 8634 in the gold/ivory (so its not just a plain white). Any thoughts on how I can go about this?
My wedding is March next year so I have to get my behind in gear and do my bridesmaids...AAAHHHH!!!

If your thinking colours just for your bridesmaids I honestly believe any colour would go with your dress other than that can you try and contact your designer and ask them if u could buy a swatch sample

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 am

I've got customs clearance!!! MY dress should be here in the next few days!! Yay!!! :D

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 am

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!! :bdance:

Now I have to wait all day until I finish work and go to my mums to try it on!!!

I had a quick look at it when I got to work (picked it up from the post office on my way) and it looks gorgeous! ...although I haven't been able to find the sash... I really hope it's in there!!! :?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am

Thanks JerseyRose! Yeah... I just thought of that so ran down and had a quick look at it & there it was inside the dress!! :D

OMG! It is so beautiful!!! Even more than I remembered! And the detail on the sash! Amazingly perfect!! When I tried the dress on at the shop the sash had seen better days and wasn't nearly as gorgeous as this one is!

Gah! Going to be such a long day! I have a doctors appointment straight after work, so hopefully I don't have to sit there waiting for hours to get in - which is quite possible for my town!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Yay!! I've tried it on! It's beautiful!! A little big though, so I will have to get my dressmaker to take it in a bit, so that'll cost a bit more, but I don't care, it's beautiful! It's me! It's what I want! :)

Will post pics tomorrow morning, only on mobile now, so can't do pics.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Ok, so maybe I can post photos from my phone! Lets see if this works!
As I said its a little big, and it's not done up properly & I don't have my shoes on...but here it is!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks SLinky! I am so happy it all worked out too!

linnie520

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

my dress is stuck in customs for 2 days now and it still hasn't been cleared. does that mean i will have to pay tax and duties?
my dress is US$999 so its under $1000, do they include postage as well?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am

I don't think it necessarily means you will have to pay anything, I think it just takes some times for customs to sort through everything. I think you should be fine, if it's $999 (dependig on what that is in AUS$ I guess), but I'm pretty sure it only goes on the value of the goods, not the postage. Good luck! Hope it gets cleared soon!!!

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am

up. Can anyone update what is the estimated waiting time from order to actually receiving the dress. My wedding is in July 2014, so I'm in no rush. Thinking about ordering in May 13, and leave 6 months time for alternation?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 am

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
I don't think it necessarily means you will have to pay anything, I think it just takes some times for customs to sort through everything. I think you should be fine, if it's $999 (dependig on what that is in AUS$ I guess), but I'm pretty sure it only goes on the value of the goods, not the postage. Good luck! Hope it gets cleared soon!!!

Stock for the store I am working in is currently experiencing a two week delay in customs with the Christmas rush :)

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Everyone - just had an email from Julie last night to say my gown has arrived and will be shipped early next week.
So nervous & excited all at the same time.
I just hope it all works out.....

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Ooooh how exciting!!!

I'm so glad to hear that they are still going well :)

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how much these guys charge for plus sizes (size 18 and over)? Is it a percentage price, or just a flat fee?

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

2bwed wrote:
Hi everyone! Does anyone know how much these guys charge for plus sizes (size 18 and over)? Is it a percentage price, or just a flat fee?

I cant answer your question but I suggest you send Julie @ bridalgown.net an email and she can give you a quote.
Good luck

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Soooo.....my dress is in customs, its been there since yesterday morning.
From looking at previous posts in this thread, I guess I've gotta wait for a letter to let me know if / how much tax etc. I need to pay.

From previous bridalgown shoppers experiences, how long has your dress been in customs prior to clearance?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 am

hbm wrote:
2bwed wrote:

I cant answer your question but I suggest you send Julie @ bridalgown.net an email and she can give you a quote.
Good luck

I work in bridal and technically I should strongly discourage purchasing from the interwebs. But whatever, just if you are internet shopping please be respectful of salon members time and do not come in and try everything under the sun on with no intention of buying instore.

Anyway, re the surcharge most designers charge a flat fee between $50 - $100.

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 pm

L.I.W wrote:
hbm wrote:
2bwed wrote:

Good luck

I work in bridal and technically I should strongly discourage purchasing from the interwebs. But whatever, just if you are internet shopping please be respectful of salon members time and do not come in and try everything under the sun on with no intention of buying instore.

Anyway, re the surcharge most designers charge a flat fee between $50 - $100.

Unfortunately, buying online is now the way of the world - not just wedding dresses, but people going to golf shops/clothing stores/electronics stores, using the salesmen to work out what they want and then buying it online.

If you struggle with it, it best to look into ways of providing such good service that people can't help but want to buy from you. To be honest, wedding dress shopping was a horrible experience for me for the most part!

There has been great feedback about this particular operator and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4