A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: bridalgown.net

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 pm

samchee wrote:
Hi all!

Received my dress recently from Bridgalgown.net! I highly recommend them but only if you're ordering far in advance! I ordered my dress on 11th February and received it on 16th August.

Julie is great at responding quickly to emails and keeping you updated on any hold ups.

I paid $1036 for the dress plus 10% customs tax of $103 plus GST of $124. So all up paid $1263 and in Raffaele Ciuca where I tried it on they sell it for $3000!!

All the best!

Thats great news! Bummer you had to pay customs tax & GST - I thought the threshold is $1,000 so it looks like you just missed out.
I received an email from Julie yesterday to say the ETA of my dress is Dec 24th - am a little concerned as I'm getting my dress sent to my work address but will be on leave until early January so not sure how that's gonna work out....

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Could you contact her and have the address changed to a friend or relative you trust?

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 pm

I might do MrsH, I might just change the shipping address to my home place.
I might just wait another couple of months before I change anything though, just in case the ETA changes....

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 am

JerseyRose wrote:
My dress is now 5 weeks late, anxiety is starting to kick in!

Didn't Julie tell you the other week that the shipping date TO her was now last Monday? Maybe you could just email her to put your mind at ease if you haven't so far?

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 am

I didn't buy from them, they don't stock my dress & after having a store source a larger size to try on from interstate I couldn't not give them my money :lol:

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 am

Eeeekk!!! Jersey Rose I feel your pain! I have also ordered an Essense of Aus gown, 1242. I only ordered it in June! So I'm very worried.... with yours being ordered in March and not here yet what chance does mine have of being on time!!! :? I am the same as you, I like to be organised and I worry & loose sleep over things that aren't organised. I've started having dreams too!!!! The only thing that reassures me though is the amount of people on here that recommend them - I haven't seen anyone that hasn't got their gown in time. So fingers crossed they turn up soon! I emailed Julie the other day, just to see how things were going and she told me she can't give an interim update (which I knew - I was just going crazy not hearing anything I had to ask), but she could tell me that there were no known delays - so that's a plus! Mine isn't due to arrive to them until 22nd September - I just really hope it turns up on time - I have so much go wrong with my dresses (this will be my 3rd!) I just really want it all to go smoothly & be stress free! Good luck with yours - hope it turns up soon!

fuchsiastar

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 am

Hi ladies

I ordered my dress middle of feb and have been contacting Julie regarding its delivery. 2 weeks ago I was told she would receive the shipment that contained my dress in a couple of days and just to give them time to unpack check all the dresses and repack them for delivery... Because I still hadnt heard from them I emailed Julie last night again to check up on my dress only for her to reply that she didn't want to worry me but the shipment containing dress has gone missing!!! She did go one to say they are getting a replacement dress sent to them and would leave the designer on the 15/9...

My wedding isn't until news years eve so I know I've got some time still but has anyone else been told their dress has gone missing???

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 am

JerseyRose wrote:
Hi NickCarolyn!

When are you getting married?

Yes I totally agree with you - the only thing that has kept me remotely sane is everyones positive comments on this forum! I expected my dress to be delayed as everyone on here has said but I didn't expect 3 times delayed!

I'm getting married 1st December... but I told them 3rd November - as a lot of people suggested to tell them a date a little earlier. So I still have a bit of time, but it doesn't make it any easier! I still stress about it! I'm sure it will be fine, but I wish you could just get wedding dresses straight off the rack and not have to wait for them!! It would make the whole process a lot less stressful!!

fuchsiastar wrote:
Hi ladies

I ordered my dress middle of feb and have been contacting Julie regarding its delivery. 2 weeks ago I was told she would receive the shipment that contained my dress in a couple of days and just to give them time to unpack check all the dresses and repack them for delivery... Because I still hadnt heard from them I emailed Julie last night again to check up on my dress only for her to reply that she didn't want to worry me but the shipment containing dress has gone missing!!! She did go one to say they are getting a replacement dress sent to them and would leave the designer on the 15/9...

My wedding isn't until news years eve so I know I've got some time still but has anyone else been told their dress has gone missing???

Oh dear! I hope this hasn't happened for too many people & I hope they find them soon! At least you still have a bit of time, but I know it doesn't make it any easier!

JayBride

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi girls,

I took the plunge on 29 April and ordered my Mori Lee dress. Julie gave me an ETA to her as 15 September 2012. To my surprise, i received an email on 4 September confirming that my dress had been shipped!! I received the dress today and I didnt even have to follow up with Julie at all!!

It looks exactly as I tried on in store and I am so stoked!! I tried it on when i got home from work and it looks AMAZING. I absolutely love it! When i changed out of it and walked out of the room, my fiance could tell I was beaming from ear to ear! :D

It also has the Mori Lee tag but the only discrepancy that does create one tiny inkling of doubt as to whether the dress is exactly the same as I tried on (which goes to whether or not its authentic) is the material. On the Mori Lee site, it says that the material is organza. However, on the sheet that Bridalgown.net had to fill out for customs, it is specified as Polyester. Also there are tags (attached to the dress re: washing instructions and how to care for your dress etc) and one of them says it is 100% polyester and has this additional separate tag with hand written measurements etc which i dont recall seeing when I was in the shop.

Given that its been quite a few months since I last tried on the dress in the store, I dont recall exactly how the material on the dress felt (perhaps i need to make another trip there!).

Other than that one tiny inkling of doubt, it looks exactly the same as when i tried on the dress so I would still recommend getting dresses from here! I will email Julie to clarify the discrepancy though, just to put my mind at ease. I guess it doesnt really matter too much if it looks exactly the same. I just dont want people to feel my dress and think that its made from, or that it looks like its made from, cheap or poor quality material... (yes yes, i do worry about silly things like that :oops: )

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

Slinky wrote:
JayBride, organza is very often made from polyester, so what she listed it as is fine and it will be the genuine dress. I am pretty sure that my lace dress was listed as polyester too, as it is made from man-made fibres, rather than natural fibres like silk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organza

Exactly what I was going to say. Organza can come in natural and synthetic fibres. Given the price point of Mori Lee gowns I would not expect them to be natural fibres. Don't worry about it, there are different levels of polyester, yes its synthetic, but that does not mean it looks cheap and nasty. Think of it as simply being a more economical way to get an amazing dress that you will only wear once :D

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Wahoo!! That's so exciting Jerseyrose!!! The wait must be killing you!! It's killing me already and mine hasn't even been sent yet!!! I hope it's perfect when you get it!! Keep us posted.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 am

JerseyRose wrote:
Has anyone hired a customs broker to get their dress processed through customs quicker?

My dress has already been at customs for 9 days, I sent the paperwork back to them last Wednesday and I'm still waiting for them to tell me how much to pay. I called Customs yesterday and they said they've got a backlog and might be another week before they even contact me. They suggested I use a customs broker to get it processed quicker.

There's only 6 weeks until my wedding and I'm starting to panic! :cry:

Never heard of one but I presume if customs is saying get one they are used to dealing with them... Given your time frame, I would not worry personally, but then I am on the otherside of the whole wedding thing. In your position I would probably do whatever I could to get it released ASAP.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

Oh Jerseyrose! That would be so frustrating! *hugs* I'm sorry I can't help you, I have no idea about them at all. Hope all all happens soon.

How long did people wait to contat Julie after the ETA date? My dress was due to arrive on the 22nd Sept, but I haven't heard anything yet, should I leave it a week or so before I email asking where it is or should I get onto it straight away?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Wow!! That's crazy!! Hopefully they pull there finger out soon and get processing!!! Keep us updated.

I have just emailed Julie... I guess I'll have to wait until at least tomorrow for a reply with the time difference and all. Hope it's not bad news!! I am getting so impatient!!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 pm

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
How long did people wait to contat Julie after the ETA date? My dress was due to arrive on the 22nd Sept, but I haven't heard anything yet, should I leave it a week or so before I email asking where it is or should I get onto it straight away?

I emailed Julie about a month ago to get an ETA & she told me my dress is due on 24th December. I'll porbably touch base a couple more times just to see if the ETA moves as from all accounts, there is a tendancy for this to happen.
I'm not going to feel bad about sending her a few emails because it's not gonna take her long to send me a 2 liner with an update.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Julie emailed me today and said she is expecting my dress early next week!! Yay! Has anyone had her say this and it ends up being weeks? Or has she given you a date in the future when your dress wasn't in by the ETA?

fuchsiastar

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
Julie emailed me today and said she is expecting my dress early next week!! Yay! Has anyone had her say this and it ends up being weeks? Or has she given you a date in the future when your dress wasn't in by the ETA?

My dress got lost in transit between the supplier and bridalgown.... Julie was quick to order me a replacement gown and I'm happy to say that today she emailed me to say she has received my dress and it will be shipped to me shortly.... I'm the only one that I know of where their dress has gone missing... It added an extra month to when she told me the first dress was in transit to them

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 am

Wow... thanks for the confidence boost girls!!! lol

JerseyRose wrote:
Yes I've had this happen! My original eta to her was 6th August and it was delayed 3 times! My dress was finally posted on 11th September! And it's still not here yet :(Hope yours is on time! :)

Jerseyrose, did she say things like 'early next week' or did she actually give you other dates?

She did say my dress was making good time compared to the estimate - so hopefully that's a positive. (I had to put a rush order on it as the original ETA was too late)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 am

JerseyRose wrote:
quote]
Lol sorry nickncarolyn!

I emailed Julie on the ETA date and asked her if my dress had arrived. She then replied with an revised ETA which was around 2 weeks later. So then when the new ETA date came around I emailed her again and she gave me another revised ETA. This then happened one more time!

Although she never told me that my dress was making good time so if I were you I'd take this as a positive and I wouldn't expect it to be delayed as many times as mine was. My dress was delayed 6 weeks from the original ETA.

My dress was posted on 11th Sep and was at customs for 9 days. I ended up paying $77 for a customs broker to get my dress cleared through customs quicker (I wish I did this straight away). My dress was cleared through customs yesterday and now I'm waiting for AusPost to deliver it.

Where are you located nickncarolyn? My dress was held up at Customs in Brisbane and when I called customs to see why it was taking so long they said they're really busy at the moment and have a huge backlog. So if you have time then I'd wait for it to clear on it's own but if you're starting to get anxious (like me!) then when it does arrive in Aus I would hire a customs broker to clear it! Instead of waiting 9 days (possibly more) I could have had my dress cleared in 3 hours!

Oh well that's good! I think! Because she hasn't actually given me another date, she just said it should be there early next week!!! I am sort of near Toowoomba, so I would say mine would go through Brisbane too. Depending on when it gets sent I will possibly have the time to wait - but I think I am definately too impatient for that!!! I am getting anxious already!! So I might get a customs broker. Do you mind if I asked who you used Jerseyrose? $77 doesn't seem too bad... better than the few hundred you thought it might be when you first started looking into them!! How much did you end up having to pay in duties? I'm expecting $300-$400, so what's another $77 in the whole scheme of things!? :lol:

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 am

Excellent, thanks Jerseyrose, I will get onto it as soon as I get my letter from Aus Post. Luckily I am getting it sent to my work address, so I can action it straight away - without having to wait till I get home to get the mail. :) My dress was about the same price, so my tax should be about the same as yours. Now I've just got to sit & wait for an email from Julie to say it's been sent!! Fingers crossed it comes soon!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04