A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bec1983
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Car Insurance in QLD - advice needed

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Our car insurance is coming up for renewal and I want to make sure we are getting a good deal. Ringing around everyone for quotes, this is who I have so far
-RACQ
-AAMI
-Budget
-NRMA
-Suncorp
-Allianz
-ING
-Just Car

Can anyone suggest anyone else to try?

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Re: Car Insurance in QLD - advice needed

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:54 pm

I use GIO and I think I get a reasonable good deal. I haven't researched as extensively as you though :oops:

MrsKo2b

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Every year I always get quotes for the cheapest. My current insurance is with Bingle.

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:19 pm

AugustB2B wrote:
I use GIO and I think I get a reasonable good deal.

GIO are good but don't insure cars in QLD (used to work there) they are owned by Suncorp though. I think you have all the reputable ones on the list :D

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm

I recommend NRMA, great service, you're insured for when you need it and they are quick to pay out, particularly for any injuries of any passengers in your car (I used to do personal injury cases). AAMI are usually cheaper if it's a new car, but they aren't so willing to pay out when you need it. Try and get a quote from the cheapest one and approach the bigger insurers and see if they will match. They say no at first, but when push comes to shove the often give in. good luck.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:31 pm

When we moved from WA to QLD i found Budget to be cheapest :)

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 am

we sell CGU insurance at my work - they are a company part of IAG (Insurance Australia Group) and they do direct to public but usually are cheaper through a liason like your bank/financial institution. when shopping around make sure you try and compare 'apples for apples' though, and especially in terms of the excess payable. if you choose a high excess when it comes to a claim you have to pay it before any repairs will occur (if it's your fault) which can delay things esp if you have a $1500 excess or something like that
are you going for comprehensive cover? if only u and one other person are main drivers and you are both older than 25 you might be able to do a nominated driver policy and save $
also see if you can pay by the month at no extra cost
if u have any Qs just ask :D

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Has QLD got Real Car Insurance? I have only just gone with them myself and I saved myself $700 a year! I was with AAMI but found then to be a tad expensive.

With Real Car Insurance, you only pay for the kilometres you use. So if you live 5 minutes from work (like I do) and only used about 10 kilometres per day, you are saving money as you only have to pay for that much. So I insured my car for a bout 8,000 kilometres per year which added up to be $500 per year. Loving it!

Bec1983
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

I have heard of Real Car Insurance, but my hubby does heaps of kms in the car so they probably won't be the best deal for us.

budget looks to be best. Pay by the month is still a cheap cheaper than the yearly rate (hen you work it out) than other of the other insureres, even AAMI who we have been with for ages and from what we can see it is the same policy with the same excess.

Thanks for all the advice it was a big help!

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 am

I have always had fantastic service with NRMA. I have always had very comparable quotes from them too.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35