A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jaynage
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Married Ladies: Have you tried your dress on again?

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:41 pm

I was reorganising my wardrobe a little today, and saw my wedding dress hanging there in it's bag at the back. A little part of me wanted to try it on again just for fun! I didn't bother to try though, as it's not really a one-person job :wink:

It got me thinking though, have any of you ladies tried your wedding dress on again after you were married? Whether it was for a trash the dress shoot, or just because you wanted to play a bit of dress-ups :)

chrisval25
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Married Ladies: Have you tried your dress on again?

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:47 pm

I have contemplated it, i loved it so much...its a shame i cant wear it again!!

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Yep - I got it back from the drycleaners last weekend (it took four and a half weeks!) and I tried it on as soon as I got home!

Unfortunately it didn't fit me perfectly like it did on the day due to post-wedding over consumption! (Read: I pigged out on chocolate, red wine, and cheese. Alot) :lol:

It still zipped up but there was a little bit of back fat and it was a bit too snug around the hips for my liking. So I'm on a diet again now! :D

P.S. You know how I said I was going to try and sell it? Well I'm making a very half-hearted attempt becuase I've decided I really don't want to!

Porcelain
Loved Up
Loved Up

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm definitely going to play dress ups at least once after the wedding :lol: FH (Then, DH) will probably have a laugh at me.

Little_Miss
He's my Sunshine
He's my Sunshine

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:01 pm

I will want to try mine on again, but after all the chocolate I plan on eating on the honeymoon after depriving myself of it now, I am sure it will be quite 'snug' :lol:

MrsKo2b

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:04 pm

As we didn't do any engagement photos, I was thinking of doing a post wedding photo shoot ("we did") & a mixture of family photos so that my dog can be included. But my only concern is that my wedding dress will be a bit *tight* because of the evil post wedding pig out!

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:56 pm

I have been thinking about it. Might need to loose a few kg's though, I too have partaken in some post - wedding pigging out!

jaynage
Topic Author

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Mine would have been quite snug too if I had tried it on earlier this year due to the honeymoon + christmas/new year pig out! I'm almost back to my wedding day weight now though so may have some more luck. Only problem is that I hired a hoop rather than bought one, so if I tried it on again it wouldn't really sit right.

Kwitty wrote:
P.S. You know how I said I was going to try and sell it? Well I'm making a very half-hearted attempt becuase I've decided I really don't want to!

Look who's sentimental now ;)

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:36 am

I always seen my dress bag hanging up and open it to look at dress... but the thought of trying it on hasnt occured to me as im 28 week pregnant so it would be impossible hahah :)

mrscampbell
Domestic Goddess
Domestic Goddess

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:42 am

Nope, hadn't considered it either

missk1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:31 am

After the honeymoon, I put it one (but didn't do it up, as also not a one person job) but it just wasn't the same.

Now it is dry-cleaned in a box and they sealed the box, so I probably won't try it on properly for years, if ever I guess.

There seems a lot of us that went on a post wedding binge, me included. After all the worry of looking good on the wedding day :lol:

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am

I did for my ttd shoot and it fit just as good as the day i got married ;)

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 am

Ummmm,..........yep, I have. I'll admit to being tragic. lmao

As a bonus it was too big.

One night, both my sister(BM) and I wore our dresses while having drinkies.

MizR

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 am

haha Roberta that's awesome! I have already had the urge to try mine again....even though it's been just over a week. I think it's because it's sitting in the top lounge chair waiting to go to the cleaners.

TinaBeans
Catchin Up on Mah Stories
Catchin Up on Mah Stories

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 am

No, but I want to! :oops:

Princess_Bride
DH's princess forever
DH's princess forever

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 am

I have :oops: I couldn't do it up (once again, not a one person job) but I wanted to see what it looked like with my hair brown :lol:

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am

Not as yet. I have been thinking about it lately though because Im waiting to find out if I will be entered into a local bride of year comp at the big yearly bridal expo. Its totally random to whether you get in or not and I would love to have an actual proper excuse to wear it again. Im worried that it will be a bit snug and wont do up. It was a PERFECT fit and since the honeymoon and xmas/new years pig outs Ive put on a bit of wait and havent got back into eating properly or doing any exercise. Im reluctant to try it on but thinking it may just motivate me to get my fat @ss into gear.

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:28 pm

I would love to!

BUT....

I don't think I would get it any wear near done up :( Let's just say that I've become a 'comfortable' married woman now.... LOL

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:59 pm

I dont have a big enough wardrobe for my dress so it is hanging behind the spare room door in its bag...I have looked at it once but never tried it on

I would love to do a TTD but DH doesnt want me to do it....he is more sentimental about it than I am! I want to do something fun in it...maybe Ill do it without him knowing heheheh

What he doesnt know wont harm him! :lol:

mogle
~Urban Queen~
~Urban Queen~

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I haven't - too much trouble taking it out of the preservation bag, etc. Plus, I've been overseas/pregnant/losing pregnancy weight during the last year :lol: so there's no way I would have fit into it. I'm pretty close to my wedding weight again now though... I'm sure I will put it on again one day.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.74