7. $7000 - $8000
6 (3%)
8. $8000+
34 (19%)

Total votes: 182

Slavisa

Re: What did you get from your wishing well? *poll added*

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:27 pm

We got about $6.5.... for our Engagement Party!! That was from about 90 guests.
I was shocked.

My background don't do cash, but his, being european do!

Who knows what we will get at the wedding. Getting money makes me awkward 8O

apmr14

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

edit

miss_milly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

People were very generous. We had 75 guests, and funny enough, the ones who gave the most were the ones that travelled from overseas. We were very lucky and not expecting as much as we received. We got somewhere between 6500-7500.

auntyhayhay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 pm

We had a wedding of 99 guests and ended up getting just over $5000. We had a wishing well and requested money with one of those little wishing well poems.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 pm

We didn't have a wishing well but we ended up with $1500 cash plus $1000 worth of Myer/David Jones vouchers

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:33 pm

we had about 75 guest and recieved $4500.00 also got 2 presents.
we put it towards our outdoor spa that we purchased.

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:00 pm

We had 80 guests ( so approx 40 couples) and ended up with approx $3,500 in money. Several hundred in vouchers plus gifts which included:
2 X Cutlery sets
Vera Wang Vase
Several platters.

We were very overwhelmed with our gifts and lovely cards but were disappointed with a few friends who didnt even give a card. :roll:

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm

We had 92 guests and we received $4900 in cash, plus a couple of gifts and vouchers. We were very honored to receive so much, some people were incredibly generous. There were a couple of people who didnt even give us a card, which is a little disappointing, but at least they were there to share in our day :D

Apple Blossom
I survived and got married

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:26 am

Last edited by Apple Blossom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stacey87

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:43 pm

We got $3000, which included $1000 from DH parents. I was fairly upset at the lack of cards - not because I cared about the money but there were heaps of younger guests (our age,mostly guys) who didn't even bother with a card. With 120 guests, this equalled about $20pp, not included the $1000 from his parents in the figure.

I was pretty upset that quite a few people put nothing in, not even a card. I'm the kind of person who keeps those kinds of things

MissA
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 am

Wow. I would love to get a couple of grand. That would be a massive help to a deposit on a house. But to be completely honest, I don't think we'll get anything over $500. A lot of people coming (mostly family) won't give us anything. Just an example FH got a used spatula from his Aunty for his birthday one year. So yeah, I'm not expecting much. But some lovely cards would be nice.

Maybe I could say on the wishing well card that we would be putting the money towards a house deposit...but perhaps I'm just being greedy now. But seriously could you do that?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Je55i wrote:
We got a LOT of money in our wishing well and we didn't realise just how much until later because we left the 'well' (a birdcage) in the backseat of our car when we were visiting family the day after! And if we knew at the time just how much cash was in it we NEVER would have left it unattended in the car in public carparks. We also felt like criminals banking that much cash in heaps of notes at the bank after we opened them all.
Did anyone feel bad when they saw how much was in their well??
We felt incredibly guilty :oops: - especially since a lot of people that gave money travelled far and wide to get to our wedding. We truly didn't care if people didn't give us anything we just had a full home of furniture anyway and didn't need anything else as a gift.

Yes! DH and I were floored with astonishment and guilt when we opened our lai see, it was a very humbling experience. We were honoured beyond measure by what we recieved but almost cried a few times when we saw how overwhelmingly generous our family and friends were, especially as we read their lovely messages in the cards.

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

MissA wrote:
Just an example FH got a used spatula from his Aunty for his birthday one year. So yeah, I'm not expecting much.

8O

MissA
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:42 pm

8O was my reaction as well when I saw what he got. Thanks Aunty Ann. B*tch.

I can't help but laugh about it though :lol:

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm

We had a honeymoon registry and when FH went to see how much we had received, 2 days after the wedding, and our travel agent said people were still contributing to it so we should keep it open for another week. Has anyone else had this experience?

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Dandelion wrote:
Je55i wrote:
We got a LOT of money in our wishing well and we didn't realise just how much until later because we left the 'well' (a birdcage) in the backseat of our car when we were visiting family the day after! And if we knew at the time just how much cash was in it we NEVER would have left it unattended in the car in public carparks. We also felt like criminals banking that much cash in heaps of notes at the bank after we opened them all.
Did anyone feel bad when they saw how much was in their well??
We felt incredibly guilty :oops: - especially since a lot of people that gave money travelled far and wide to get to our wedding. We truly didn't care if people didn't give us anything we just had a full home of furniture anyway and didn't need anything else as a gift.

Yes! DH and I were floored with astonishment and guilt when we opened our lai see, it was a very humbling experience. We were honoured beyond measure by what we recieved but almost cried a few times when we saw how overwhelmingly generous our family and friends were, especially as we read their lovely messages in the cards.

I agree! I was so surprised (and kind of embarrassed) when we added up how much we got. Our friends and family were very generous, and every guest except for one couple took the time to write us a beauiful card which were lovely to keep.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 pm

What I dont get is all the people that go to a wedding and dont contribute. I personally would never EVER do that. And I have had to travel to different countries for weddings and still contribute something.

In saying that we are having a destination wedding and all I want is for people to come to our wedding so honestly dont mind if no one contributes as each person is having to pay anwhere between $800 - $3000, depending on their starting location just to come to our wedding.

jasmine&paul

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:02 am

KiwiMelH wrote:
What I dont get is all the people that go to a wedding and dont contribute. I personally would never EVER do that. And I have had to travel to different countries for weddings and still contribute something

I have to agree with that! We had 7 people out of 70 give us nothing 4 of them were from 1 (adult)family another two are very well off & the other is a single guy. I think it's rude I would never do it especially not even a card! The worst part they were all people I invited not DH :( when I mentioned it to one of them that we didn't get anything off a few people their response was "how would you know wasn't all the money loose in the well" I loved saying "no all guests had their money inside a card". In the end I only had limited thank you cards so only wrote to those that gave us a card :D

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:38 pm

jasmine&paul wrote:

I have to agree with that! We had 7 people out of 70 give us nothing 4 of them were from 1 (adult)family another two are very well off & the other is a single guy. I think it's rude I would never do it especially not even a card! The worst part they were all people I invited not DH :( when I mentioned it to one of them that we didn't get anything off a few people their response was "how would you know wasn't all the money loose in the well" I loved saying "no all guests had their money inside a card". In the end I only had limited thank you cards so only wrote to those that gave us a card :D

OMG how annoying but funny you got to rub their cheap nose in it ;)

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I was extremely surprised how much we received. We had put in our invites that we would be going to Fiji for our honeymoon and that is what we would use our wishing well money for. DH though we might get $500. I thought maybe $700. But we ended up with $2800. We had 76 guests.

That doesn't include any money that our parents contributed to the wedding.

Looking forward to doing so e great things on our honeymoon next week!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1