2. I plan to/have sell/ sold my wedding dress
30 (32%)

Total votes: 94

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Re: Keep or Sell?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I will be selling mine. The emotional side of me is a bit sad about it, but the practical side of me says its the right decision since it will just be sitting in a wardrobe for years gathering dust, I cant even imagine myself looking at it again, its so big its just too much of a hassle to even take out of the box.

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 pm

I was planning to sell mine as it was quite expensive and we really need the cash but since the wedding is over I can't bring myself to selling it. I just keep thinking I spent the best day of my life in that dress and experienced so many beautiful moments in it and I just can't sell it. I know there is no real point in keeping it as even if I do have a daughter one day the chances of her actually wearing my dress are slim to none, but I am just too sentimental!!

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I would consider selling it but it's a size 6 and quite altered (length and corset back taken in). The chance of finding someone with similar dimensions to me that wants my particular dress would be slim. Plus I don't think I'd be happy with the price anyway.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 11:55 am

I'll probably keep mine for a while, then get something made from it.

My mom made my Communion dress from her wedding dress which was a really nice idea. I've also seen ring cushions, christening gowns and even lingere made from a bride's dress!

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 pm

OO: I haven't sold it and don't really plan to but I'm also not particularly mooney over it. In short - I'm undecided.

That said, I haven't even washed it yet and its been 6 years!

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 am

I am keeping mine, as like other people have said there is probably very slim chance of someone being the same size that wants this particular dress. Mine was custom made and zipper back so not much room for change

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 22, 2013 9:06 am

I kept mine, from both weddings.

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:13 pm

selling it, have no need to keep it, yes it was the dress I wore on the day but its not where all my memories of the day are.

after doing the big trip across states I keep things to a minimum these days and dont like a lot of clutter now. So there is no need to have it hanging in the wardrobe. I have two sons so there will be no handing it down to anyone and my daughter in law had a beautiful wedding dress that I am sure she is keeping in case her daughter wants it when shes older.

Didnt keep my first wedding dress either

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I voted on this as Keeping a long time ago - but I have to say MAN my dress takes up a lot of space!!!!

I have worn my corset again though sooooooooooooo I think I'm happy I've kept it???
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09