A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Re: Post wedding depression

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Abbey_Lou wrote:
I am so happy after just being married on Saturday but ever since I have had a slight 'empty' feeling. I wouldn't go so far as to call it depression but I did get teary on Sunday and Monday after the wedding and felt a little flat on Sunday! I go through stages where I feel fine for half the day then something will remind of the day and it will hit me that it's over and I feel like bawling. And it's always the smallest things that make you upset like I used the hand cream yesterday that I wore on the wedding day and the smell just took me back to the day and I started crying... so stupid, but the feelings are real and it's totally normal I think.
I just feel sad for those magical moments that I know I will never experience again! For me, the biggest one was those moments before I walked into the ceremony just spend with dad and I could see he had a tear in his eye.. the most special moments of my life and they are gone! but then I have to remember there are so many more to come and this feeling will pass!!

I am trying to fill my days with other things like making my own photobook with all the non pro's and focusing on my next project (I wish I could say that was TTC now, but we have to wait a little while), as I need to be planning something otherwise I feel lost.

But to answer, yes I have been feeling a little low now that it's all over....!!! :( Hope it passes soon!!!

This sums up exactly how I felt after my wedding. I wouldn't call it depression, but i certainly felt flat and a bit down in the dumps for a little while after our honeymoon. It's just such a change from everyday thinking about 'the most important day of your life" to nothing. And of course I adore my husband, and our marriage has been fantastic so far, but it took me a little while to get over the fact that the wedding was over.

And I was exactly the same about seeing the tears in his eyes, and thinking how special it was, and then after realising it was gone.

paradisegirl

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Apart from depression that your wedding is over, is there anybody else that was depressed because you were unhappy with how things went?

I am so frusturated with some aspects of my wedding (about 7 weeks ago) because I know I will never get another chance to fix it and do it again. I am depressed about that because I felt like I tried so hard to make it perfect and it wasn't....

It makes me sad also because my annoyance over these things has put a bad taste over the whole day when I think back and it makes me want to bury the whole thing in the back of my mind and never think about it again, even though some things were great.

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:12 pm

I felt like that about two or three aspects of our wedding. i just try to focus on the great parts of the day such as when me and FH first saw each other, going to all these nice locations to take photos and our first dance (among other moments). I really enjoy looking at our photo album and reliving it all again too.

paradisegirl

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Cimbom wrote:
I felt like that about two or three aspects of our wedding. i just try to focus on the great parts of the day such as when me and FH first saw each other, going to all these nice locations to take photos and our first dance (among other moments). I really enjoy looking at our photo album and reliving it all again too.

Good advice, I will remember this and try to not be so negative!

Happyeverafter
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Hmmm... there I was thinking I discovered this all by myself...I felt wrong trawling through show & tells and looking at wedding blogs after the wedding, so I have thrown myself into work and the house..but keeping myself busy made me so tired that I did get a little emotional at times. I think my case of post wedding blues has been mild cause hubby is quite sweet still. But there were expectations of marriage that have left me disappointed. The first time we fought after we were married, I thought the marriage was going to be over... :roll:

But I have to constantly pull myself out of it and tell myself I was heaps lucky... last night I had a whinge that hubby doesn't do anything nice for me like surprise me with gifts or shower me with affection...and then he said, I put down the deposit of this house. Is that not a gift? My.... how quickly I forget. Just... silly me. :oops:

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 pm

What you're feeling is perfectly normal happyeverafter! I felt wrong looking at blogs too, I can't stand the sight of stylemepretty now, it makes me feel sick. :lol: :lol:

There is a heap to learn from marriage and I think we learn different things every day, and you're renovating - that is stressful!

big hugs - you're going to be fine wifey! :heart:

MissA
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 am

I'm currently experiencing the after the wedding blues. The wedding was beyond perfect. Everything was just PERFECT! I had the most amazing day! I really looked and felt beautiful (for me its a big thing) It was honestly one of the best days of my life. I'm not sad to see the planning side of it gone, but to see the day gone, is quite upsetting, I had a blast.

I've been married for 3 weeks now and I still miss my wedding!!

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 pm

I must admit I havent stopped since our honeymoon. Have been so busy that I havent had a chance to get down or bored. My close friend did though, she was a mess and still has those feelings 5 months on. I think it is down to the individual and nothing to be ashamed about. I think a good idea is to sit and write a short and long term 'goals' list and start to think about your future like with DH. I am doing that now but only becuase I feel so disorganised with the festive season here! havent even THOUGHT about xmas yet and it is 2 weeks away!! 8O

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't think I have post wedding blues at all but I am sad it's over. Although I'm really glad too! Very mixed feelings here!! I really wish we had the day again coz I think in the blur I missed some of it. Hopefully when I get the photos back that will bring me back! Also wish I had have had a videographer for the whole night so I could relive it!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.51