A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Re: Post wedding depression

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:02 pm

My FH is really worried about me getting this! He has started a list of things for us (and me) to do when were married so my life doesnt suddenly become empty..Eg
We're going to do cooking classes
Continue on with our Wedding dance company but start to do the dance classes
Im going to do a sewing course

I hope this is enough for me! The wedding has been my life for the past year!

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 pm

What about pre-wedding depression?! Or am I the only one with that? :e_eh: :?

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 pm

mrsko wrote:
I may be in the minority who didn't get post wedding depression mainly because I had some dramas with my parents so after the wedding I had post wedding happiness because it was finally over!

Same here.

Essence

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm a school teacher and was married new years eve so spent the christmas holidays getting married and enjoying my honeymoon.
I was feeling fine until the school holidays in April - suddenly I had all this free time on my hands and NOTHING to do!
Every school holiday the previous year had been spent doing wedding things, looking at dresses, making invitations and other things for the wedding, thinking about flowers and table decoration, etc.
By the end of the two weeks holiday I was so miserable and depressed and I didnt know why - I'm starting to think it was post wedding depression.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm

drinkyoupretty wrote:
mrsko wrote:
I may be in the minority who didn't get post wedding depression mainly because I had some dramas with my parents so after the wedding I had post wedding happiness because it was finally over!

Same here.

This is what I am hoping for. The last 12 months has really been trying for us and I already keep saying "I can't wait for this be over" sad but true

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm

leana wrote:

I had this leana - in the lead up, a few months out, I started getting sad at the prospect of it being over before it had even happened. The night before the wedding, all of a sudden I was overwhelmed at the fact it was the next day and that after that, we'd just be married. It's a bit of a shock to the system.

*danni*
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 am

carly_buttons wrote:
leana wrote:

I had this leana - in the lead up, a few months out, I started getting sad at the prospect of it being over before it had even happened. The night before the wedding, all of a sudden I was overwhelmed at the fact it was the next day and that after that, we'd just be married. It's a bit of a shock to the system.

I'm just under 3 months out, and I'm starting to get a bit sad at the thought of the day going so quickly and being over.. I think it's mainly because some of our closest friends who are in the bridal party are coming a long way, and after the wedding we probably won't see them again for atleast a year.. it makes me sad.. So many of our favourite people will be in the one room for one night and then it'll never happen again.

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 am

*danni* wrote:
I'm just under 3 months out, and I'm starting to get a bit sad at the thought of the day going so quickly and being over.. I think it's mainly because some of our closest friends who are in the bridal party are coming a long way, and after the wedding we probably won't see them again for atleast a year.. it makes me sad.. So many of our favourite people will be in the one room for one night and then it'll never happen again.

I still have just over 4 months to go, but it seems as though I have planned everything and just have to pay for it now! It's left me a little bored and stressing about money! (even though FH assures me we'll be fine!)
I'm also a little worried about it being over too fast (as some of the married ladies have said on here) which is why I think I'm being slightly obsessive about the photographer (my boss' son is really good with a camera and he's doing to be my official photographer for the night) and I have written a really long list of exactly every photo I want during the day, and if he gets a chance to take any other photos then that's great! (I'm actually feeling slightly embarrased atm just thinking how controlling I am going to be about it!!) :e_shifty:

frankafanhock

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 am

I loved planning my wedding and having a project and Im not sad that its over Im more like ....ok...what now?
Last edited by frankafanhock on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loooodle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 am

deleted
Last edited by loooodle on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:24 pm

loooodle wrote:
I think I'm in the middle of this right now. We had a wonderful day and the month after our wedding was great, we felt really close to each other but for some reason, now we seem to be drifting apart a bit. Its terrible to say but DH gets very wrapped up in his own stuff and can be very selfish that I tend to get forgotten. So for me it's not really missing the whole wedding and planning side, it's more the going back to normal life, working and paying bills part.
:(
Not sure if this makes any sense!!

Actually it makes perfect sense. DH & I have been together for almost 16years now and ever now and again you just get stuck into the normal routine of life and kind of take each other for granted in a way.

kimberlina81
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 am

It does get better girls, is all I can say.

One year on (exactly in fact!), my hubby and I are back to our usual selves and I only think about weddings in a positive way again now, which is fantastic. I always loved weddings and for my entire adult life have been with my husband so it was only natural that I would feel quite sad once the actual real day has passed and I couldn't ever have one of my own ever again (God willing).

Remember that WC is great for talking through these kinds of things - some people outside wedding circles (hmm also 'W.C.', bizarre) won't get it and will only make you feel worse, it is better to get the support you need from people who understand and don't make the problem seem trivial.

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:44 pm

leana wrote:

No, I'm suffering a major case of pre-wedding depression!! And I thought I was alone!

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Last edited by Miss2Mrs on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bondibride2009
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:46 am

I am sorry for anyone who suffers through any sort of depression, but honestly, I did not feel anything but overwhelming joy when it was all over. I was so excited and relieved that there was nothing more to plan or do. I didnt even send 'thank yous' or do a wedding photo album or anything.. I was just soooo OVER it, and was loving being married and moving on to the next stage of our lives. I remember thinking, while I was doing all the wedding planning, and coming on the forums religiously, "what will i do with myself when its all over?".. but I didnt get any of those post-wedding blues. Just happiness :)

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 pm

i didnt get PWD it was more just a feeling that i felt lost for a bit, nothing to organise after, it was all go go go and sitting on here for 18months planning, and then having the best day of my life and a great honeymoon, and then got all my photos quickly etc, and then i had nothing to do.. and i felt weird being on here, like my days over move on from the "WEDDING" forum. but have found all the other sides of this forum i never really ventured into before.

i highly reccomend that you have something to do or plan when your day is over.for me iv been busy with photography, and new projects at work that have been keeping me busy now.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:59 pm

bondibride2009 wrote:
I remember thinking, while I was doing all the wedding planning, and coming on the forums religiously, "what will i do with myself when its all over?".. but I didnt get any of those post-wedding blues. Just happiness :)

I really hope this is the case for me, I'm really worried that I will get quite depressed.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:59 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
bondibride2009 wrote:
I remember thinking, while I was doing all the wedding planning, and coming on the forums religiously, "what will i do with myself when its all over?".. but I didnt get any of those post-wedding blues. Just happiness :)

I really hope this is the case for me, I'm really worried that I will get quite depressed.

Same and same

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm

I absolutely LOVED my wedding, I truely had the happiest day of my life but I felt instant relief the next day

in the lead up to the wedding everything had been focused on the wedding. all my decisions were wedding based, I was exercising and dieting and saving "for the wedding" and I was focused on 4 July 2010

the day AFTER the wedding it was such a relief to know that there is life beyond 4 July 2010....5 July existed, and 6 July! amazing. it was also a relief to realise that things I had been stressing over didn't matter.

No one noticed that I chose jazz as a bridal entry song into the reception rather than a well known song. no one noticed that my shoes were champagne and my dress was ivory or that DH's shirts were white and my dress was ivory. In the lead up to the wedding, especially on the forum we do put a lot of emphasis onto the details BUT it was refreshing to take a step back during the wedding and realise that it all came together and what is important is the wedding day and the marriage, not the shade of flowers.

Now I am focused on doing renos around the house and saving to go to Europe and hopefully towards end of next year a baby. Provided you have something else in your life to look forward, hopefully you wont get too depressed. I'm not trivialising those who had post wedding depression, that's just what I found.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Im not depressed, but very bored!
i had a very dramas in the 2 weeks before the wedding- other people and their crap...
so in those 2 weeks i counldnt wait for it all to be over! i loved the day, and wished it didnt go so fast!!
but now its all over i have so much spare time i dont know what to do!!!

also im back at work now, and i really dont like my job anymore and desperately need a change! thats not helping me at all with the boredom!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43